No scalable Ui eyes are in srs pain help font too small on 40 inch tv :(

niel1000000

Chieftain
help my eyes are in srs pain :( beyond earth font too small to read on 40 inch tv at 1920x1080p

if u dont zoom in the image thats exactly how the text is for me near impossible to read makes my eyes wet with tears after 2 hrs of playing - http://imgur.com/F0WOjzM

I tried this - https://www.reddit.com/r/civbeyonde...rilians_doityourself_guide_to_increasing_the/

Tried changing fonts to 20 and even 30,ish all fonts but nothing happens in game they remain the same unreadable text at higher res.

i can read them a bit at 1280x763 something res but it makes game blurry that also makes eyes hurt as terrain becomes hard to see.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hurray Fixed it the above method worked what i was doing wrong was editing the wrong style.xml

after i got the rising tide dlc it created another style.xml somewhere inside the game directory so when i searched style in search bar i got 2 results :O to my surprise

i edited the other style.xml also and it changed the in game fonts to redable am happy happy :D maybe this might help others too tc

Just wondering, why are you playing the game on a 40 inch TV with standard HD resolution? I use a 12" screen with 2160x1440 resolution.

Thanks, I saved that link in case I might need it -- I never messed around with the font sizes before.

My wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I figured I'd give the Steam Link and Controller a try. It'll be fun to fart around with some games on the big screen while I'm laying on the couch, haha. Actually, I'm looking forward to trying that with something like XCOM 2 as well.

Does your TV have a "PC" mode? If so make sure you're playing in this mode, many TVs do a lot of post-processing in their normal operation that makes everything blurry when trying to display text.

No aim to offend or to be rude but what kind of "First world problems" post :lol:

I cant help you though

Moderator Action: Moved to Tech Support

Top Bottom