no tech trading

nishant1911

*hugs*
hello fellow emperors :)
i was wondering if u guys ever play with no tech trading option on.
i recently rolled up a game as such,,and there goes down my monarch winning streak and pride:cry:.i can win monarch often but struggle on emperor.i automate my workers.
this time i played with hyuana capac,large,normal speed.i prioritized great library,pyramids as usual.i messed up in early war and before i could recover it was too late.unbeatable superpowers emerged,,thanks to complete lack of bribing ai's into war....
i made three academies by gs, and still lost liberalism race to elizabeth.
am i doing something wrong here?
i can't find any article on these games.what should be the strategy in such games?
please give me some tips on how to improve my tech rate.i think it will help a lot in my quest towards emperor and also in multiplayer where tech trading is usually off.
any contribution is appreciated.thanks in advance.

Cottages are the key to high teching, just cottage lot of cities and your tech-rate will be nice. On monarch I can get liberalism in 5 turns with 6-8 cities with a lot of cottages. But in that situation I just cottage everything so my production is verry low. Just keep 1 or 2 cities without cottages but with High production to make wonders/militairy

I've always found no trading to be more of a AI hit then to me when I've played with it, so much so that I use when trying harder levels sometimes. I'm also a dedicated builder though so ymmv.

Why automate workers? It's a few more seconds/turn that is so worth spending!

Top Bottom