No trading with human players

v.Manstein

Chieftain
We are playing a two player internet game. However we were disappointed to find out we couldn't trade or interact diplomatically in any way. It works with the AI guys. And we are settling next to each other.

Any clue of why this is happening?

alex

Well, the multiplayer trading seems a bit buggered. He could call the trading screen, however I couldn't trade with him. I couldn't even establish open borders, the requirement to trade.
Therefore this game needs serious patching before I continue to play it. Great.

Well, the multiplayer trading seems a bit buggered. He could call the trading screen, however I couldn't trade with him. I couldn't even establish open borders, the requirement to trade.
Therefore this game needs serious patching before I continue to play it. Great.

LOL, you serious?????

As far as I know, I have been established many open border treaty with HUMAIN player!!!

However, there is another bug:

Once, I have open border treaty with a humain player who is a quitter. When my ship is RIGHT in his city, he declared war to EVERY PLAYER then QUIT. My ship magically being put inside a native city where ONLY 3 tile LAKE in front of that city. That lake is in MIDDLE of the largest continent. LOL

You ship is a stranded unit, lol. They didn't test this game properly.

Well, it seems I have to try it again with my friend online. Maybe the trading and diplomacy window works this time.

Another thing that is missing from the original (at least I haven't experienced it yet): The European powers sometimes waged war and told you to attack in the new world as well. They gave you some troops to fight with and you had to comply. Nothing in this game.

Top Bottom