No trireme?

senadin

Chieftain
Hello, i am not sure if it is a bug but i've done a fair bit of looking up for this and i cant find anything but changelog saying raft>galley>trireme>decareme>quinqereme etc...

My issue is that i cant seem to build them! i have just started a new game and i've just developped shipbuilding tech which should allow my galley to upgrade but if i upgrade them it ask me straight out to upgrade my war galley to quinqereme! i just reach the ancient age and i had research all tech to ancient age and my first tech into anicent age IS shipbuilding! it isnt a pain until they ask me to build 13 of them.. i cant! i am upgrading to better! Any help?

You cities must have all the prerequisite buildings built before you can upgrade. You must be missing one or some.

JosEPh

This was stated elsewhere that if you get one other tech before the prereq tech for the trireme you've obsoleted the trireme as soon as you unlocked it as you've also completed the unlocking of another ship that supercedes the Trireme at the same time.

I'd like to see that changed... No unit should be so quickly outdated so just a small adjustment, even worthy of a new tech if needbe, is in order to give at least a brief margin.

This was stated elsewhere that if you get one other tech before the prereq tech for the trireme you've obsoleted the trireme as soon as you unlocked it as you've also completed the unlocking of another ship that supercedes the Trireme at the same time.

I'd like to see that changed... No unit should be so quickly outdated so just a small adjustment, even worthy of a new tech if needbe, is in order to give at least a brief margin.

Well its mater of order of research. If you go sea tech first then they go in order. If you go in metal tech research, then they get passed over. I was going to have sea techs be requirements for the metals, but people complained that if thy were landlocked why should the need to research sea techs?

It comes down to a player having the ability to have those ships earlier but passing it up for better land units.

How bout an extra tech that requires both of those that the obsoleting ship now requires and put the prerequisite for that ship on that tech? Most will probably go for the metal stuff before the naval stuff so this will happen for a lot of players that the Trireme will be skipped.

@TB

I found the problem. It happened when MrAzure re-did the Ancient Era. Ship Building now comes AFTER the other techs.

Trireme = Ship Building
Quinquereme = Ship Building AND Bronze Working
Deceres = Ship Building AND Iron Working

Ship Building
Req Techs: Seafaring AND Classical Lifestyle

Bronze Working -> Brass Working -> Monarchy -> Classical Lifestyle -> Ship Building

This means that Trireme is indeed impossible to get at the moment.

I need to go and fix that. *grumble*

EDIT: Ok here is my new idea.

War Galley = Seafaring (x21) [Unchanged]
Trireme = Seafaring (x30) AND Bronze Working (x29)
Quinquereme = Ship Building (x33)
Deceres = Ship Building (x33) AND Ancient Machinery (x34)
Gallaes = Rudder (x44) AND Guilds (x46) [Unchanged]

This should spread them out more.

Sounds much improved! Thanks for reviewing.

I may want to review SOME of the stats of all ships once I finish the review of the Steam + ships... there's a few tweaks that may be necessary - nothing too extreme. I certainly wouldn't be looking to replan the whole thing that's for sure. I just noticed a few tags that have classically been ignored for consistency that I might want to extrapolate out. And some slight movement adjustments may be needed to adjust them to some new oceanic mechanisms. I'll talk more about all this once complete with the current review.

Guys, currently im working on next cleaning and removing unused units project and my work include CIV4UnitInfos.xml, CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml and CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml files. Ill made a lot of changes and please wait 1-1.5 week before you start working on these xmls until I upload my work, ok?

Hydro's prereq changes appear to already have been implemented on the SVN.

As for the other naval reworks, I'll be handing art stuff on that to you/hydro to worry about anyhow so be prepared for me to ask y'all to handle that end. I'm just working the stats and programming angles. And I've no idea how much longer it will take from here yet.

Guys, currently im working on next cleaning and removing unused units project and my work include CIV4UnitInfos.xml, CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml and CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml files. Ill made a lot of changes and please wait 1-1.5 week before you start working on these xmls until I upload my work, ok?

Sorry I already made those changes. Hopefully when you upload the files will merge ok.

Sorry I already made those changes. Hopefully when you upload the files will merge ok.

Ill try to find your changes and include in my files. I hope there wlll be no problems like with animals buttons :(

Top Bottom