1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

no wild animals in 3.19+ unoffical patch?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by ianfuture, Oct 18, 2009.

1. ianfuture

ianfuture Chieftain

Hi,
    Just moved from BTS 3.17 + unofficial patch 0.21 (dresden) to 3.19 + unofficial patch 1.2 and this is my first game. It took a while of playing before I noticed there were no wild animals any where, so far. Compared to previous games in 3.17 where there were loads, I'm a bit baffled as to why this is this case. Is it a bug or is there a factor that has caused this to happen? My map type is Fractal, Huge, 14 civs, I'm on a continent with about 6 ish other civs with enough space for everyone to expand to 3 or 4 cities before borders start touching.

Any insight much appreciated as I like the animals as an easy way of getting the first one or two warriors to increase their experience.

Thanks..
    Ian

2. davelisowski

davelisowski Spartan

Did you click the checkbox for 'No Barbarians'?

or maybe the fog was removed from the 'continent' and no barbarians could generate.