1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

No world map for MP?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Multiplayer & PBEM' started by Tanaris, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Tanaris

Tanaris Chieftain

Hi all,

Just bought Civ4 a few hours ago and was planning to start up a Hotseat MP game with my brother on the world map, but as far as I can see you need to generate a random map in order to play multiplayer. Is this true, or just me being thick? If not, can someone please explain how I start up a Hotseat game using the standard world map?

Thanks,

Tanaris

2. LabMonster

LabMonster Chieftain

one word - Terra

3. Daze

Daze Chieftain

check the sites fromt page too, some one has created a world map..

4. sokol991

sokol991 Chieftain

Unfortunately you're right Tanaris...

There is absolutely no way of playing the world map (or any other self-made map) in hotseat.

"Terra" just creates a random "earth-like" map (means two continents : one with all civs on it; and another one empty - to simulate the "new world").

So like I said : for hotseat fans there is no way of playing on self-made maps.

I hope they'll fix this in a patch...

5. winddbourne

winddbourne Prince

yeah, this is a pretty big bug, Me and my room-mates pretty much always played multiplayer on pre-made maps, generally the world map. Simply because we could make sure the starting locations were far enough apart and supplied with the same, or at least even, resources. That way we knew the game would be a challenge. Not someone stuck in the desert and someone else stuck in the arctic, while the last player got temperate paradise and an easy win. Plus it's always more fun to conquer "europe" or "america" or whatever, that whole alternate history bit.

6. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Emperor

Oh ****, really? Is this just a hotseat problem or for all MP?

7. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Emperor

Well I just tried an IP game, and the World Map worked just fine. Whew.