1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

No Zulu AI?

Discussion in 'CivRev - General Discussions' started by thedood123, Aug 9, 2008.

1. thedood123

thedood123 Destroyer

Ive never seen Zulu as AI why is this?

2. llamadesign

llamadesign Chieftain

They pop up pretty frequently for me. Not sure why you aren't seeing them.

3. 777

777 King

Just having war against Zulu...and they're going down :D

4. salty mud

salty mud Deity

I've seen the Zulu as AI, but NEVER seen the Greeks as AI...

5. 777

777 King

Getting more fun, I have also Greeks at recent game :lol: Guess I have game one from million :D

6. KingDerfliw

KingDerfliw Chieftain

I have seen them all... once you play long enough you'll get them all. Also, during the credits, after you win, it will say how many of the civilizations you have beaten (i.e. 16/16 meaning you have played against and beaten all the civilizations).

7. I-am-a-panda

I-am-a-panda

it seems that at evy difficulty level one civ is never ai. On cheiftan it was arabs for moiu whilse it was zulu on warlord!

8. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

If you roll a dice six times, you probably won't end up with six different numbers.

9. Shinseng

Shinseng Chieftain

Just a random selection.

Zulu pop up quite frequently for me, angrily demanding gold or tech. Greeks too, but they're pretty quiet, usually keep to themselves and don't make threats unless I'm closing in on a victory. For me though, it seems that I rarely play against German AI. Next would probably be the Indians, with everyone else represented fairly regularly.

10. motor_ola

motor_ola Chieftain

I've played at least 10 games and i've never seen the romans.
    If you roll 40 16-sided dice there's an 8% likelyhood that you missed one the numbers ((1/16)^39).

Obviously since there can only be one of each civilization in each game you have to do the "card-thing" to calculate it, but whatever. :p

11. Rakuen

Rakuen Chieftain

I never get Catherine, which sucks because Cleo isn't a very good replacement if you know what I mean... :mischief::spank:

12. Tommy Sieve

Tommy Sieve Chieftain

Ive had catherine and always the arabs. I don't like the game to be honest. Its so much worse than civ 3/4.
    Why isn't persia there! Immortals own.

13. AznWarlord

AznWarlord Monarch

I see them all the time. With me it's always Zulu, Japanese, Greek and someone else, unless I'm using one (by almost I mean frequently, and all three at the same time).

14. PeteAtoms

PeteAtoms FormulaRandom

to some extent, this is a reason i think their should have been an option to choose your opponents in pre-game... oh well.

i think it has a lot to do with what civ the player is too. when i'm america, it seems like either france or germany is always near by.

15. CrimsonEdge

CrimsonEdge Warlord

Yeah, this is why random i \sn't always good. You could get the same number every time you roll 'til the end of time and that's no good.

I've yet to get a good number of the civs. I always play against India, The Aztecs, Russia, Bismark, and sometimes the Greeks. Very, very rarely do I see anyone else.

Maybe it has to do with who you play?

16. ShakyDave

ShakyDave Chieftain

I’ve met all 16 and beaten all 16. Never noticed whether I've faced one more than any of the others. I love the game, Civ IV seems to be way to slow now, but you can hardly compete with the depth of game play, but a fast paced game for the evening "CIV REV" is perfect.

I hate playing against Zulu, Bismarck or The Aztec, their Psycho's.