Nobel Prize in BNW?

georgie

Warlord
Sorry if this is considered the wrong forum! I couldn't decide if this was a general discussion or not, but since I am playing BNW, I posted it here.

So, I am playing Sweden and I went into Honor to get the free GG to gift it to a city-state for the influence. When I try to gift it through the CS's screen, the unit disappears but I do not get the influence. Do I have to move the unit to the CS land? Or is this a bug in BNW?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Okay, so I reloaded an autosave because it was really bothering me, and you have to be inside the CS lands. I had to move across an entire continent to do so, and lost about 15 turns of early faith, but it worked...

You'd make better use of your general by stealing CS's teritory with natural wonders or resources in it ;)

Hey, Georgie, I had the same problem some days ago, but the UA has been changed a bit since BNW. Now you have to wait some 3 turns (on standard speed) until the gift makes effect.
Anyway, if you send the Great Person directly to City-State territory, the influence will be earned right away. But it's very risky, unless the CS is your neighbour.
Hope it helps!

You'd make better use of your general by stealing CS's teritory with natural wonders or resources in it ;)

Not really. You'd get the resources, sure, but you'd get them from allying anyway, and you can't work the tiles unless you have a city right next door. Not to mention you'd miss out on the other benefits of being a CS ally.

Sorry if this is considered the wrong forum! I couldn't decide if this was a general discussion or not, but since I am playing BNW, I posted it here.

So, I am playing Sweden and I went into Honor to get the free GG to gift it to a city-state for the influence. When I try to gift it through the CS's screen, the unit disappears but I do not get the influence. Do I have to move the unit to the CS land? Or is this a bug in BNW?

Any advice would be appreciated!

ALL units given through the CS menu system takes three turns to arrive. The 'reward' is given to you at the unit "arrival". So if you give an ordinary unit and do this through the menus of the CS, it will take three turns and then you will get the 5 (usually) influence. The same goes for Sweden. It take 3 turns for your great person to arrive and then you will get your 90 influence.
If you do it manually (walking the unit/GP to the CS) and then gift the unit/GP through unit command 'gift' the unit is immediately given and also your 'reward' is given immediately.

Top Bottom