Nobels for Violence

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Succession Games' started by Grendeldef, Aug 25, 2021.

1. raider980

raider980 Prince

As usual I didn't realize we were that close to finishing. It was a fun set of games for me. I'd like to do it again in the future. I I haven't finished a single player game in I don't know how long so I need to find something to keep me interested in Civ. Although those darn bitcoin miners are still making it impossible to buy a video card so late game is usually a serious drag to play anyway.

2. Grendeldef

Grendeldef Trancerelic

Hah, I was already thinking of silent a SG. One plays 20-25 turns but only past turns can be discussed. I think it'd be interesting to see where the game ends up with whichever ruleset it's played by.

I assume you're already switching to strategic view for AI to do its turn if videocard is your bottleneck?

3. raider980

raider980 Prince

That would be interesting to play and not discuss beforehand. But you sure you could deal with even worse decisions since the turns were never discussed :lol:

I don't switch to strategic view because I can't play with it that way. I can't tell what is happening even moreso than with the regular map zoomed way in.

4. Grendeldef

Grendeldef Trancerelic

You don't have to play with strategic view. Just switch it on before hitting 'next turn' and back to normal when you start your own stuff. It saves a lot of processing time from each turn in the later stage. Even better if zooming in as well.

Sure. I'd survive such a game ;) It wasn't the 'bad decisions' that made me quit a bit earlier than I planned/had to anyway but the delta between sort of agreed meta & what seemed to be going on. I thought I was dragging even the meta away from peep's comfort zones and even more so with new direction the game seem to have. I was more out place there than I should've been hence the drop out but as I said I was going hiking in ten days so I was going awol anyway.
    With the Silent SG there's no agreed upon meta so one can't drift away from any such thing. Obviously it's a simplied version to these games but at least in theory I find it interesting as well. Longer stints should make it possible for each player make more of their own whatever happened before.