Nobility Managment Thread

Padma

the Absent Admin
Administrator
Supporter
This is the official thread for tracking Royal/Noble/Gentle titles. The second post in this thread will track the individual titles. The third post will track the Royal/Noble houses.

This will also include a pointer to the nobility ruleset when that is finished.

Here is my current list of titles:
Code:
Title male (female)           Class

"Despot"                      Royalty
King (Queen)                  Royalty
Prince (Princess)             Royalty
Archduke (Duchess)            Royalty

High Lord (Lady)              High Noble
Lord (Lady)                   High Noble
Duke (Duchess)                High Noble

Marquis/Margrave (Marquessa)  Noble
Earl/Count (Contessa)         Noble
Viscount (Viscountess)        Noble
Baron (Baroness)              Noble

Baronet                       Gentry (civ)
Knight                        Gentry (mil)
Squire                        Gentry (mil)

Royalty
Diutius Lifespanius , Despot (Emperor)
Tasius, "Prince" (Son of Atrous)
Caia Lifespanius Helena, Queen of Gorina
Praeditus Lifespanius Maximus, Prince
Diutia Lifespanius Bellona, Proincess
Schola Lifespanius, Prince
Dexterius Lifespanius, Prince
Draculus Roberts, Prince

Nobility
Marcus Lifespanius, Senior Centurion
Ribeena Lifespanius, Lady
Mellita Roberts, Lady
Lauren, Contessa DiSaaMuel
Honorius Peesea, Marquis
Antonius DePaolo, Marquis
Aurelia DePaolo, Marquessa

Gentry

The House of Atrous
*Atrous "The Great"
*Elenora, wife of Atrous
Tasius, son of Atrous
Helena. daughter of Atrous, wife of Diutius Lifespanius

The House of DePaolo
*Anthony
*Nicole, wife of Anthony
Antonius, "The Great", son of Anthony
Aurelia, wife of Antonius
Antony
Achilles

The House of Taurnaina
*Perianoldo, father of Nambanoldo
*Nambanoldo, father of Poldohtar
Poldohtar, current head of the family
Maltatari, wife of Poldohtar
Laitatan, son of Poldohtar

The House of Lifespanius
*Briefus
*Katra, wife of Briefus
Diutius, son of Briefus
Marcus, son of Briefus
Ribeena, wife of Marcus
Mellita, daughter of Briefus, Wife of Walter Roberts
Praeditus Maximus, son of Diutus
Diutia Bellona, daughter of Diutus
Schola, son of Marcus
Dexterius, son of Marcus

The House of Peesea
*Stuk Aza
Honorius, son of Aza
*Quintus, son of Aza
Agrippina, daughter of Aza

The House of Decimus
*Marcus
*Nirvana, wife of Marcus
*Romana, daughter of Marcus
Sentana, daughter of Romana (illegitimate, by Caesarus)

The House of DiSaaMuel
*SaaMuel
*Jenna, wife of SaaMuel
*Jacqueline
*Bob
Lauren, daughter of SaaMuel
*Brian, son of Lauren
Katherine, daughter of Brian
*Walter Roberts, adopted son of Lauren
*Petrhucio "Pete", son of Walter
Draculus Roberts, son of Walter

A question about the nobility ruleset:

Will the holders of office in the main DG be allowed to have one of their characters assume that "title"? In DG2, the player who held a DG office was given an automatic title in the Peerage.

My personal preference would be to not do this, as our RPG characters have little real relationship with our primary DG roles. This would also seem consistent with the way this game has started, with us being able to overthrow "the Despot" in the RPG, while having no connection to who the elected "President" is in the main DG.

I'd say no. Just as the Pres of the demogame is not the despot in the RPG. Same with the other offices. Now a player could certainly make a character that achieved the same position, it just wouldn't be an automatic thing.

No. Lines of heredity would pass to the eldest son (eldest child for us since we have ladies and want to be fair). Other children were pretty much on their own but could generally get established using their noble connections. Note that even though they do not hold a title all children of nobles are noble themselves.

Originally posted by Civanator
Padma, what about Aza and Antonius? They are co-despots, so wouldn'y they be royal?

Co-despots? Hardly, they are advisors.

Now, I'd like to make Aza and Antonius nobles.

@Padma - MY characters are listed as a Gentry, Most of them are on the Lower spectrum. Only one character is on the Upper Gentry (Noval Gontsky), but it will soon be passed down to his son.

How can I get my characters on the "Gentry" list. (I know the Despot at this point would only have the authority of giving nobilities)

Padma: should we also maintain the dead ranked characters in your list? or at least the nobles?
if yes then please add Elenora to the royal list as died in 3300BC

@CG: I try to keep up on the other threads, but I don't always have time to check everything. ;) It is very helpful for players to post changes to their status in this thread (with LINKS to the appropriate post!) so I can be sure to see them. The Character thread is not a good source for this, because of occasional misunderstandings of what is allowed, e.g., people have created "Noble" and "Royal" characters, even though we explicitly said not to.

Also, as Nobility Manager, IMO no one is higher than "unlanded" Lower Gentry at this point, unless and until the Despot raises people to explicit positions.

@dis: That sounds like a good idea, but I fear that as characters are born, live, and die, the length of the list might become unmanagable. I *will* keep track of deceased characters off-line, until I figure out the best way to handle them.

@padma: use a textfile as soon as the post gets too big.
you could maybe maintain a "royal genealogy" in text or graphical files...
or maybe... just use the bloodlines! make one file for each bloodline which hold the characters with birth death and relations between each other (note that "external" links to other lines are possible!). then only post the name of the "bloodline" (for example at the moment, it would be the "d'Atrou bloodline") with a link to the list of characters :)

here is an example genealogy sheet for the d'Atrou bloodline...
(just to get an idea)
you could of course use standard genealogical programs and graphics to do it :)

deputy despot is btw imho not a valid title for a noble... not even a valid function... advisors, grand visir, baron, count, etc. would be ok, but not "deputy despot".

Attachments

• zeichnung1.gif
    zeichnung1.gif
    6.1 KB · Views: 291
Yes, dis, I am thinking about using a geneology program to maintain a "Famliy Tree" (or "trees") for our Noble Lines. It would help simplify tracing family ties down the ages. ;)
Originally posted by disorganizer
deputy despot is btw imho not a valid title for a noble... not even a valid function... advisors, grand visir, baron, count, etc. would be ok, but not "deputy despot".
:lol: I know, but I wanted to add Aza and Antonius to the Nobility list, and couldn't think of anything to call them! :lol:

Atrous did refer to them as being "Nobles", so I have included them under the "Nobles" table. But without any further specific titles, I am leaving them as just "Advisors". In any case, they are unlanded Nobles.

And yes, Civanator, as Nobles, you may create family houses.

Top Bottom