Noble Win!!!

FarbroBarbro

Chieftain
Hello, fellow Civ players!

I am proud indeed to, after hours of training, announce that I have won this great game on Noble! :D It might not seem much of an accomplishment to many of you, but I am proud!

It was a fractal map, I played the Persians with Cyrus (very good leader). The victory was diplomatic (I did not have many friends in the end, but my empire had so big a population that I alone won the U.N election) :king: I was two turns away from a domination victory.

That's all! Have a good day (or night, it is for me...):D

Cheers! :goodjob:

Congrats, you see like you are full with more than just euphoria there. :D :band:

Hello, fellow Civ players!

I am proud indeed to, after hours of training, announce that I have won this great game on Noble! :D It might not seem much of an accomplishment to many of you, but I am proud!

It was a fractal map, I played the Persians with Cyrus (very good leader). The victory was diplomatic (I did not have many friends in the end, but my empire had so big a population that I alone won the U.N election) :king: I was two turns away from a domination victory.

That's all! Have a good day (or night, it is for me...):D

Cheers! :goodjob:

I always questioned whether or not that was a "true" diplomatic victory...if you personally controlled a majority large enough to vote yourself leader (or close to it), then that really strikes me as a Domination victory incognito. But a win is a win nonetheless! Congratulations!

It's called the poor man's domination victory. :p

Congratulations, you nobleman. :king:

Congratulations! I've been struggling at Noble for ages. Have gotten two wins but cannot do it consistently. Am currently trying with Louis on fractal map and having no luck. (Please don't say "luck has nothing to do with it". I know that.) Nice going Farbro!

Prince isn't that hard, it's the jump to Monarch that'll get you. Or at least got me. >_>

And then to follow the pattern the jump to Emperor is pretty easy. I'm guessing Immortal will be viscous.

Climb the ladder! :goodjob:

Congratulations! I've been struggling at Noble for ages. Have gotten two wins but cannot do it consistently. Am currently trying with Louis on fractal map and having no luck. (Please don't say "luck has nothing to do with it". I know that.) Nice going Farbro!

Thank you! Yeah, I know, Noble can be very challenging, but I think I've learned how to deal with it now! :) The key is always military strength. Sure, a nation with a strong economy and a high level of culture is always good, but it's going to be crushed without the military defense anyway. Thanks again! :king:

Prince isn't that hard, it's the jump to Monarch that'll get you. Or at least got me. >_>

And then to follow the pattern the jump to Emperor is pretty easy. I'm guessing Immortal will be viscous.

Climb the ladder! :goodjob:

Really? I've heard that it can be a pain in the a**. :) But I believe you, I will start a new game tonight! Can't decide which leader to use though...:blush:

Good one! Now keep it up! :)

Really? I've heard that it can be a pain in the a**. :) But I believe you, I will start a new game tonight! Can't decide which leader to use though...:blush:

Well the experience seems to vary from person to person. I'd say a lot of it depends on how strong your leader is, the map you roll, and how good you are at warring. A great starting position surrounded by friendly pacifists can make a game much easier, while finding yourself boxed in by Sitting Bull and Tokugawa will ramp things up.

But actually, you said "hours of training", does that mean lots of failed games? If so I'd recommend getting comfortable with Noble first (really high success rate) before moving up, but if you're feeling daring you can still try your luck. :p

But actually, you said "hours of training", does that mean lots of failed games? If so I'd recommend getting comfortable with Noble first (really high success rate) before moving up, but if you're feeling daring you can still try your luck. :p

Yeah, there have been some failed games, absolutely! :p However, I feel that I'm getting the hang of what to do, so I'll have a go at Prince anyway! Wish me luck! :)

I'm trying Monarch now too, and it's noticeably tougher. I've had two false starts where I was blitzed by Shaka and Monty respectively (I didn't have any metals in my starting city radius, got slaughtered in war). Now, I fended off two of Kublai's stacks, but I had to forfeit a tech for peace because he thought he was winning for some reason...now, I'm taking that army and conquering my neighbor.

With any luck, I'll be able to sack Spain completely and form a decent-sized empire. I'll take that back: small, but densely populated. And then to take revenge on Kublai.

I'm doing Monarch now as well, after winning a game. However I'm not accustomed to the settings on this game, and my attempt at SE failed and I had to revert to CE to swing my tech rate around. Still struggling there, but I think I can pull off a militairy victory as I've just conquered the world's largest shrine (only a about 50 gpt, but it's a normal size map with only 4 remaining civs so..).

If you want to take a look at my savegame check out this threadhttp://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=295663&page=2

i'm still in starting of Monarch, but at least for me some of the strongest leaders is Gil, Hammi and the Orange

Congratulations on your victory FarbroBarbro. :clap:

Top Bottom