1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Nobles' Club 227: Stalin of Russia

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by AcaMetis, Mar 9, 2020.

1. shakabrade

shakabrade Praise Vivec!

Deity Conquest 1140AD (T174)

Le pictures:

Spoiler :

The general plan was bulbing the Philo, one bulb into Edu and Lib and trying to generate 2 GMs for unit upgrades. It worked. I tried to build Taj as it is cheap with Ind and Marble and 10+ cities can make the return, but somehow Hannibal made it before me and I got 600 in failgold. I was totally ok with that. The mistake I made was not building the university and the monasteries in the Capital. I think that cost me a turn to Rifling.

But we have pictures as I have gone back to saves and took them:

Spoiler :

These guys were parked here forever and finally the Chinese made the first move. I think I got 90 gold from this.

Spoiler :

If you watch carefully, you'll notice that our friend is in war with Joao. Oh, no! Here, switch to caste for better defense. :mischief: It cost two big techs, but maybe it was worth it.

Spoiler :

This lead should last enough.

The Chinese campaign:
    Spoiler :

Meanwhile in the Orient, Mids retrieval force is assembled. The plan is to take Mids and Beijing.

Spoiler :

The plan worked. :D Switch to Police state.

The fall of Burger King.
    Spoiler :

Charlie, I must tell you that I always liked McDonalds more! (He capitulates this turn.)

Portugal the man:
    Spoiler :

Ok, the final battle before the final battle. First let his SoD get into the teritory, decimate it with your SoD and proceed. However, Joao has so many units. He didn't lose anything to Charly. I think i didn't have to start that war...

Spoiler :

The war never changes. But for Mother Russia no sacrifice is too big.

Spoiler :

So, I threaten the frontline hill city and then easily take flatland cities in the South. It is often good to neglect uphill battles if you just want to cap the guy.

Spoiler :

Finally. This has really taken too much time.

Spoiler :

And the Cossacks really saved the day!

The anticlimactic finale:

Spoiler :

Lizzy fell in one turn, not worthy of a screenie. But this guy also wanted to capitulate in one turn and then I just wanted to kill his entire SoD and so I did with minimal losses and then he didn't want to talk for a turn and delayed my victory for a turn and then I was considering a reload, but then I said, why tainting the pure game and reload was still in Joao war time and so... One turn later. I still don't get this cap mechanics.

The World we want.
    Spoiler :

We don't take the filthy Democracy, even for higher score, and we switch civics fit to our dear Comrade Stalin. The world finally feels right, and the economy is in ruins.

Spoiler :

Stalin THE Man.

Thanks for your very silent attention and take care. :love:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  2. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

Sooo who will admit first that Cuirs are still the most fun units?

3. shakabrade

shakabrade Praise Vivec!

Hmm. They are fun to use, just as much as Cavalry and Tanks. But I don't like how that bulb path can give almost anyone a Deity win.