1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Nobles' Club 229: Hetshepsut of Egypt

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by AcaMetis, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Jellybug

Jellybug Chieftain

You can make a spoiler tag by writing out the whole the word "SPOILER" in all caps, surrounded by square brackets, then writing your spoiler, then closing the tag with a bracketed forward slash spoiler tag, like so:

[SPLR] (snape kills kennedy) [/SPLR] (except write out SPOILER inside the brackets; i've abbreviated so the tag doesnt actually trigger)

Or you can click on the editing bar above your word processor while you are typing your response and select "Insert" ... "spoiler" and the text editor will insert the tag automatically.

2. AcaMetis

AcaMetis King

As far as science victories are concerned, one piece of advice I can give for free is that Space Elevator is not essential, in fact most people consider it detrimental. The issue with it is that the tech you need to build it you don't need for any of the space ship parts, directly or as a prerequisite, and the production you save on space ship parts by building the wonder you instead spend on actually building the wonder, so you don't really get that much benefit out of it's bonus anyway. And that's assuming you even have a city that can build the Space Elevator in any case, since there's a latitude limit on where it can be build. IIRC Inland Sea maps are particularly bad for the Space Elevator since it needs to be build close to the equator, which on an Inland Sea map is like 90% ocean.

3. Major Tom

Major Tom Immortal

Hi and welcome to the forum. There are some good guides in the subforum, Strategy articles. Space elevator is actually bad. Big detour tech wise. Focus on the expensive parts in high production cities, minor parts for the minor cities.

4. Excal

Excal Warlord

T186 1260AD

Spoiler :

Cavs to rule :thumbsup:

Gilga DEAD - had to defy AP stop war, but fortunately my production cities are not Judaism
    Asoka (previous Gilga vassal) next
    then probably join Hannibal on Lincoln

Capac has rifles, so not keen to attack :nono: (yet)

Civ4ScreenShot0026.JPG

5. Excal

Excal Warlord

Spoiler :

Health OK
    but my three central cities contain just one plain cow (Thebes only) - thats pretty sparse :( (ofc floodplains optional farms)
    edge cities much better though

6. sylvanllewelyn

sylvanllewelyn Perma-newb

Prince doesn't mean newb (not noob, that's derogatory). Except the usual "please chop all the forests more diligently" comment, the empire looks by and large functional. The problem with Prince is AIs cannot keep up with you in tech trading. So your launch date will be late. Work hard!

7. Excal

Excal Warlord

T237 1635AD

Spoiler :

wiped out Asoka
    joined Hannibal and took a couple Lincoln's cities, but he vassals Hannibal (as expected)
    DoW Hannibal and take two cities inc Numidian (right in middle of my land)
    take peace gold

swing around to Capac, take 3 cities and cap him
    Pacal next, then probably Joao and hopefully Domination

Civ4ScreenShot0027.JPG

8. dr£ddlord

dr£ddlord Chieftain

Why pottery first ? Usually people say you should prioritise food first over commerce. Also why not rush Inca with War Chariots in the BCs ??

9. Excal

Excal Warlord

T269 1795AD

UN Diplomacy wins the day
    Cheers :)

Spoiler :

in a twist of irony Hannibal builds the UN and after burning 3 of Joaos border cities and capturing Lisbon - it turns out I have enough votes ;)
    (which is just as well because his infantry and artillery are causing me a major headache)

Civ4ScreenShot0029.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  10. Excal

Excal Warlord

see: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...tshepsut-of-egypt.656354/page-2#post-15717431
    (early granary also helpful in growth where low food)

Usually people say you should prioritise food first over commerce.
    - yep see sampsa post below

Yes war chariot rush was an option, BUT I had same problem as earthy: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/nobles-club-229-hetshepsut-of-egypt.656354/#post-15715629

EDIT
    PS I dont claim to be a good player (I never play deity)
    I just post some of what I have done because I enjoy seeing what other Immortal players have done - whether good/bad or downright ugly

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    dr£ddlord likes this.
  11. sampsa

sampsa Ghost

FWIW I think pottery first is a rather big mistake. Granary pays no part before you get a couple of settlers out, so it's a matter of which one is better, a plains cow or a fp cottage. When you are about to slow build settlers/workers, plains cow wins by a lot.

Excal likes this.
  12. Excal

Excal Warlord

There you go - Frame this and stick it on your wall - sage advice :)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  13. dr£ddlord

dr£ddlord Chieftain

Restarted....

Spoiler :

Rushed Inca, built Pyramids, built GrLib, got great artist from music for a golden age. Just past turn 100 on Monarch
    Hatty, just past turn 100.png

14. dr£ddlord

dr£ddlord Chieftain

Spoiler :

Cuirasser rush after Libbed military tradition.
    hatty cuirasser rush.png

Excal likes this.
  15. dr£ddlord

dr£ddlord Chieftain

Spoiler :
    win.....
    hatty victory.png

sampsa likes this.