Resource icon

Nobles' Club Bullpen: Fourth Cycle

I can try and and make the next game, who's in line, and hows about we make it an OCC as well?

I can try and and make the next game, who's in line, and hows about we make it an OCC as well?

If that's the case can you do one from the next batch of leaders? Krikav has a Monty game, IIRC, and I still haven't found time to edit the WB saves for the Augustus one.

Looks like you can choose between Charlie, Peter, De Gaulle, Kublai, Isabella, and Darius.

Since OP isn't updated anymore, here are the remaining leaders this cycle. Order within groups not necessarily locked.

200-205
Willem (Cre/Fin)
Alexander (Agg/Phi)
Churchill (Cha/Pro)
Augustus Caesar (Imp/Ind)
Mehmed II (Org/Exp)
Montezuma (Agg/Spi)

206-211
Charlemagne (Imp/Pro)
Peter the Great (Exp/Phi)
De Gaulle (Cha/Ind)
Kublai Khan (Agg/Cre)
Isabella (Exp/Spi)
Darius I (Fin/Org)

I have no monty game, sorry!
Have very limited time for civ4 at the moment, but if a NC game pops up, I'll try to fit it in. :)

Peter is a good leader for iso so that might be a fun game. Honestly though at this point I don't think you have to get too creative with the map you choose. It's been over two months since the last NC so you should probably just focus on getting a map out.

Not sure about the script used in making the games. Maybe this?

OK so after an hour of regenerating and a day of fighting with the script I have the files, I think its fine, but before I post, can anyone give a second look to see if the script was indeed successful? hopefully if the script is good we should have no problems making the process streamline and much easier to make these games form now on. (Attaching the file here before making a post but not talking about the actual game yet)

Attachments

• NC204_Peter.zip
    186.8 KB · Views: 156
@elementoffear I started "start as a scenario" game with both deity and noble, and it seems that both have prince difficulty set as default.
I think this indicates that the game which you started with, was set on prince difficulty. I have seen in the instructions that you should generate the game with noble difficulty.

I'm not sure this changes anything however...
I did start the deity game, and had my wife find an AI and verify that it had "alot of units", so I suspect that everything went fine. :)

@elementoffear I started "start as a scenario" game with both deity and noble, and it seems that both have prince difficulty set as default.
I think this indicates that the game which you started with, was set on prince difficulty. I have seen in the instructions that you should generate the game with noble difficulty.

I'm not sure this changes anything however...
I did start the deity game, and had my wife find an AI and verify that it had "alot of units", so I suspect that everything went fine. :)
you are right @krikav On noble I couldn't get the start I wanted, so did it on prince.
The script actually says inside it that it doens't do any changes for either prince or noble, so really just selecting the correct difficulty should be fine.

OK, so unless anyone else finds some issues, I'll make the post later when I'm at the computer.

Thanks

If anyone wants to create a base map for the next game and host, I can run the script for you to make all the different variations and save the time.

The leaders left this cycle are Charlie, De Gaulle, Kublai, Isabella, and Darius, right? Any preferences for a particular leader/map script/type/general difficulty level?

(Not promising I'll roll a map, assuming that's even allowed, but out of curiosity if nothing else)

The leaders left this cycle are Charlie, De Gaulle, Kublai, Isabella, and Darius, right?
I don't have the overview, but is this correct? In that case I can try to create a game with one of them. Found @tijup's script, so hopefully it's possible to get that running on my system. I remember it was a pain to do all this stuff manually.

Oh my, already over two weeks since the Monty game?!
Anyone care to host a new NC game?

We have these leaders left this cycle if I'm not mistaken:

Charlemagne, De Gaulle, Kublai Khan, Isabella

Oh, and we also lack Augustus but I think @Fish Man had a game planned there.

Anyone has some preferences, or better yet want to try out hosting? If you roll a map that you like I can be helpful with making the worldbuilder and zip-files if thats a hassle.

We have these leaders left this cycle if I'm not mistaken:

Charlemagne, De Gaulle, Kublai Khan, Isabella

Anyone has some preferences, or better yet want to try out hosting? If you roll a map that you like I can be helpful with making the worldbuilder and zip-files if thats a hassle.

I would like to host a new game, most preferably with Charly. Never done it before, so I could use some help in creating all the necessary WB saves. So basically, I start a new map script, maybe do some rebalancing things, and then do what with the save-game?

And normally, I load the Bat-MOD before launching my games, but this could cause trouble, wouldn't it?

Sounds wonderful!

Start the game with no mods loaded, start a game with nobles difficulty and with huts on with the map script you like.
You can then make changes in worldbuilder if you like, but most people seem to like unmodded maps best. :)

Save the worldbuilder file (or just save the map) and post it here, or send it to me in a PM, and I can make it to a working zipfile.

Top Bottom