1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Nobles' Club Bullpen: Fourth Cycle

Nobles' Club Bullpen: Fourth Cycle

1. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi Chieftain

would never play without it again, the design is beautiful and the interface is much improved

2. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi Chieftain

Here it is, normal save game. (WB file could not be loaded again). Only minimum changes to the map. I will write an introduction and spoiler content later in the usual form and present the game. If you could transform my savegame into the zip, it would be wonderful.

Attached Files:

krikav likes this.
  3. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

Attached the zip-file with all WB-files.
    I only took a very brief glance at the files, and things seem to be in order, but you should probably have a look too. :)

Thanks for taking the time to host a NC game @Tobiyogi !

Attached Files:

Excal likes this.
  4. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi Chieftain

Thanks a lot @ krikav, the files look good, had a short test run on every diff. level

I guess, for the unique stuff, I will paste screenshots from the civilopedia and upload the game very soon.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    krikav likes this.
  5. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi Chieftain

before I upload the new game, I have to find out where to post a new thread? Am I blind....? :)

And how can I fill in screenshots in the thread (like starting position).... f.ex. In conversations, when I want to add an image or file, the computer wants a link and not a file source

6. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

Spoiler :
    post.jpg

7. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

Spoiler :

post2.jpg

8. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

@Tobiyogi
    Not 100% sure what you ask for, but I hope these images I have attached helps. :)

9. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi Chieftain

Excal and krikav like this.
  10. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi Chieftain

what is your pace like for the new NC games? after a very lukewarm first attempt with Charlie, I haven't played a second time, because I knew the map already too well. So i would appreciate a new map that I haven't seen before :) personally, i would be happy to see Augustus or de Gaulle.
    I can also host another game later, like Isabella, because i don't feel like playing Spain, so it doesn't matter if I see the map beforehand. creating and hosting maps is also fun for me, btw.

11. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

If anyone is interested in hosting, it would be nice if you make a map with De Gaulle!

@Tobiyogi

You are very welcome to host more games, and I think you did a good job with the NC207 one.
    Did read the spoilers now, and sorry to see that I didn't go full medieval as you had rigged the game for. :)

When we manage to keep up activity, we shoot for one game every two weeks, preferably at the weekend.
    So getting a game up this weekend sound like a good idea.
    Still have some hope that @Fish Man will return from his hiatus with the Augusust map, so we can save that one for last this cycle.
    If you want to create a Isabella game, I can be helpful with the wb-saves again.
    And if not, and noone else jumps aboard, I can try get a DeGauelle game up sometime in the weekend, but I make no promisses!

12. AcaMetis

AcaMetis Chieftain

Question: If I post a De Gaulle map, can someone who actually knows what they're doing RE: Hosting a NC game host it? Not that I have a map ready and waiting right this second, but...

krikav likes this.
  13. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi Chieftain

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your game. Of course, any kind of rush is open to the player. I was not really expecting IMM and Deity players to rush the world with Landsknechts, because those units provide only a small advantage. Same is unfortunately true for the Cho-Ko-Nos. They are great and fun to play, but, after all, they have the same base strength as a sword a require so much more expensive techs.

My observation is that on emperor and below, you can take full profit of any UU, if you know how to get there in time. On higher difficulties, AI will have the counter unit so soon, even if you push very hard. You sometimes cannot imagine how they tech. My funniest story ever: In an IMM game, i was choking Ramesses from the very start (worker steal). I couldn't really take his cities so I was permanently pillaging everything. He didn't have a single mine or cottage nor trade route. Very soon, he got the first longbows in his cities. With absolutely othing, he had reached Monarchy and Feudalism earlier than me and than other AI's. (no oracle for him)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    sampsa likes this.
  14. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi Chieftain

I also think we should get up a game for this week-end! I can propose Isabella. Don't have a map yet, but it usually doesn't take long. De Gaulle is also welcome @AcaMetis and what about your avatar and alter-ego @krikav ? bascially, i can prepare stuff for this week-end or for the upper-next episode in 4-5 weeks.
    Are you folks open to some different parameters? I was thinking about Random personalities, because it would be funny to discuss later who was who. (at least, I think that the caracters are swapped, aren't they? or is completely random patchwork?).

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  15. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi Chieftain

why don't you go for kublai, you seem to like him :)

krikav likes this.
  16. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

Parameters such as random personalities each individual can set if they choose to and like.
    I personally am very conservative about game settings and tend to shy away from almost anything funky. :)

@AcaMetis If roll a map, I can help you generate the worldbuilder zip fles, is that what you are asking? Apart from that it's just to write a post and to upload the game.
    I assisted Tobiyogi with it with the Charlemange map.

17. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

I can host a Kublai game later on if @AcaMetis does a DeGaulle map and you @Tobiyogi does a Isabella map.
    Then we are set for the first part of the summer! :)

Tobiyogi likes this.
  18. AcaMetis

AcaMetis Chieftain

Basically, yes. Here's to hoping I manage to roll a map within a reasonable amount of time. I've got...plans...and a need of a map that fits them :satan:.

krikav likes this.
  19. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi Chieftain

ok, do you think you will be ready for this weekend or should I go first? having "plans" sounds good to me :)

20. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi Chieftain

@krikav, here comes my save game for Izzy. No matter what game we bring up this week-end, would you already create the WB-saves by now?

Attached Files: