1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Nobles' Club Bullpen: Fourth Cycle

Nobles' Club Bullpen: Fourth Cycle

1. elementoffear

elementoffear Warlord

Whats up people? anything interesting brewing? I can make the next one if no one has anything up their sleeve.
    Who's in line?

2. AcaMetis

AcaMetis Prince

I've actually got some other things on my plate right now, so go ahead. As for who's next I believe @Tobiyogi was interested in a Lincoln game, and it's probably good to get one of the three American leaders out of the way early so we don't have to juggle him with the other American leaders later. Lincoln is PHI/CHA, Bullpen five started with Hannibal (FIN/CHA), and so far we haven't had a leader with PRO, PHI or SPI yet. So I was thinking that Sally could go next (PRO/SPI), and after that Lincoln (PHI/CHA).

3. earthy

earthy Warlord

Excited for the next one. Adds a bit of fun to it knowing others are going through the same struggle

4. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

Very starved for civ4 time at the moment.
    Only playing BOTM right now, and it goes very slow. :)

Would try to join up the next NC game though, have a certain hunger for revenge after that Hammy map. :D

5. earthy

earthy Warlord

Same. I still find myself thinking about that damn map on the drive to/from work. There's gotta be a way to beat it :undecide:

6. AcaMetis

AcaMetis Prince

I'm sure there's a way, at least Lain has beaten maps that were harder than the Hammy one by my count.
    Spoiler :
    Of course my count for a harder map might be biased, considering that I consider this Hammy map to be the easy version. The hard one? Well...:faint:

7. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi Prince

If someone rolled a Sally map now, that would be great! Don't like the leader, but I like the Bat Mod appearance of Arabia :)
    The upper-next one can be the Lincoln game.

8. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi Prince

Of course, but who is on Lain's level? I certainly am not! I don't mean that we should complain about maps, but it's legitimate to say that map XY was too tough. I do that quite often :blush:

9. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

I'm not sure I agree.
    Two maps come to mind, the NC Fredrich map (semi-iso with Napoleon) and a pericles map in semi-iso with, I think it was Genghis Khan.
    The Fredrich map sported a very quick start, and the possibility for a construction rush, the pericles map offered the opportunity for a rush with HAs.
    Both these offer a less problematic pathway to gain the upper hand over the warmongerer than the Hammy map, where the start/land is no doubt good, but still somewhat slow (no gold and no abundance of forests).
    Crucial difference is also the distance to the AI.

10. elementoffear

elementoffear Warlord

11. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi Prince

All the recent discussions about whipping/overflow make me think of my announced Lincoln game. What about posting it with some distance to the last NC game, so towards the week-end? Or is it too early because the last leader was a PHILO guy too?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  12. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

Ok for me! :)

13. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi Prince

NC 217 will come tomorrow! Friday 15th, CET

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    krikav likes this.
  14. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi Prince

Very good instruction. Just one modification. Do not delete ALL lines saying "Handicap=" but only those assigned to an AI player. In the human player line you should fill in the level according to your WB save. By doing so, by loading the custom scenario game, you don't have to chose your level no more but it is already set in place.

krikav likes this.
  15. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi Prince

16. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

Been a while now!
    Is there anyone interested in hosting a new NC game? If you have some idea of a fun map I can help generate the worldbuilder files.

Or, if you have some special leader, map type, trait or such that you would like to play, time to shout out!

elementoffear likes this.
  17. AcaMetis

AcaMetis Prince

I'd like a chance at redemption after the, eh..."above average difficulty" maps that was Hannibal and Hammurabi, yes. So if there's no objections I'll be rolling maps for Asoka, and see about making a playground for learning how to best use Fast Workers.

elementoffear likes this.
  18. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

Oh, I must have missed the Hannibal map completely. :)
    I remember the Hammy map, that was.... Challenging to say the least.

I would love to play Asoka, I too have a great lack in experience with the fast workers. Have for far too long avoided them because they seem to break from common gameplay too much.
    Please do start to roll maps for Asoka!
    Now... I'll go check out that Hannibal map. :)

19. AcaMetis

AcaMetis Prince

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    krikav and elementoffear like this.
  20. elementoffear

elementoffear Warlord

Hey all, anyone has plans to release 219? what leader is next in line?