Resource icon

Nobles' Club Bullpen: Fourth Cycle

Brennus ended up working out better for me, so I decided to go with him :). So Nobles' Club 223: Brennus of the Celts is up! And, for the record, the leader list:

212 Hannibal (FIN/CHA)
213 Bismarck (EXP/IND)
214 Catherine (CRE/IMP)
215 Hammurabi (AGG/ORG)
216 Suleiman (PHI/IMP)
217 Lincoln (PHI/CHA)
218 Asoka (SPI/ORG)
219 Gilgamesh (CRE/PRO)
220 Pacal II (EXP/FIN)
221 Augustus Caesar (IND/IMP)
222 Alexander (AGG/PHI)
223 Brennus (CHA/SPI)

Next on the docket, trait-wise, would be Zara (CRE/ORG).
You are spoiling us @AcaMetis :)

Any objections to me posting the next NC map a bit early? Due to Reasons I'm not sure if I'll be able to post anything in a few days time, so "better sooner than later" over "better late than never", right :)?

Oh! Zara, how lovely!
I got very jealous of his Oromos in 223.
Have had ideas involving early drafting of oromos with him for some time.

I just copy the list of leaders, type out all 11 traits (you'd be amazed how often I end up forgetting one :rolleyes:), and delete the ones that have come up recently. Like so:

212 Hannibal (FIN/CHA)
213 Bismarck (EXP/IND)
214 Catherine (CRE/IMP)
215 Hammurabi (AGG/ORG)
216 Suleiman (PHI/IMP)
217 Lincoln (PHI/CHA)
218 Asoka (SPI/ORG)
219 Gilgamesh (CRE/PRO)
220 Pacal II (EXP/FIN)
222 Alexander (AGG/PHI)
223 Brennus (CHA/SPI)
224 Zara (CRE/ORG)

AGG/CHA/CRE/EXP/FIN/IMP/IND/ORG/PHI/PRO/SPI (forgot SPI that time :p)

Zara removes CRE and ORG, Brennus removes CHA and SPI, Alex removes AGG and PHI, Augustus removes IMP and IND. Pacal would remove EXP and FIN, but that'd leave only PRO left, and obviously every leader has two traits, so next on the docket is either Mao (EXP/PRO) or Wang Kong (FIN/PRO). Of those two Mao would be the better choice, since there's two Chinese leaders and picking him now makes it easier to spread him and Qin apart, so barring any objections/suggestions to the contrary I'm thinking next up is Mao :).

Aha! Well that pattern at least beats my more random method of "Hmm... what trait haven't we played in a while?".

But I cannot find time to roll a map, even if I would love to create a Chinese Story (but why not a Crossbow/Archer-challenge for Qin later?). Someone who would like to host Mao?

But I cannot find time to roll a map, even if I would love to create a Chinese Story (but why not a Crossbow/Archer-challenge for Qin later?). Someone who would like to host Mao?
*Raises hand*.

Might be delayed if the Reasons I mentioned before rear their ugly heads, but until that point I'll see about rolling a map :).

@Tobiyogi I did enjoy your special games. Did return to the Bismark game for a fresh attempt last week or so, but didn't get as far in building a nation that time around either, but it was fun. :)

Mao... Abit annoyed at that leader right now, have had a few really rough games with him.
Would absolutely play anyway and see if I can get revenge, but there is no rush, I'm having a go with BiCs always war game right now.
(Thanks to your encouragement in the Zara-game @Tobiyogi )

@Tobiyogi I did enjoy your special games. Did return to the Bismark game for a fresh attempt last week or so, but didn't get as far in building a nation that time around either, but it was fun. :)

I am happy to hear that. I am aware that my challenges are not always manageable on Deity. Still, I would love to create a story 'round Qin Shi when it comes to him.

@Tobiyogi
I'm having a go with BiCs always war game right now.

I personally cannot do AW on Immortal no more, it won't work. (especially when trading is on). This is Lain's Level (who even wins those games). Do you win those games too?
However, AW is the most intriguing concept for me right now, as I know almost everything about Diplo and Micro (imao) and need to catch up big time with tactics, troop movement, how to promote, etc... I wonder if the new Mao map would be another EmpAW game for me, at least, that would put a big emphasis on his PRO trait and make him a much better leader ;) hopefully it's not (semi)isolation... we will find out...

Last edited:
Hey guys, so I officially apply for the Qin Shi Huang map that might come in the future. However, we have a decent pace at the moment. In whole month of April, I will be on a retreat w/o any access to internet etc.... March might be too early for another Chinese, so May/June. Book me in!

@Tobiyogi
Not sure at all if I can win the AW game. First time I'm trying it out seriously.
I did play the map shortly previously but didn't realize the condition AW was on untill I met the first AI. :)

It's tough on me. I generally lose focus on emprie management and micro when units start to fly. (Going into a mentally fog of war). And in the AW game, thats 100% of the time. Also much of my skill (if there is any such) comes in big part from savvy tech trading and diplomacy... Well, won't get much use for that in AW either. :D

Put that game on hold to join in on the fun in NC-225 Mao though.

I wonder if the new Mao map would be another EmpAW game for me, at least, that would put a big emphasis on his PRO trait and make him a much better leader ;) hopefully it's not (semi)isolation... we will find out...
Spoiler Mao map :
I'm afraid that it is semi-iso, in fact :undecide:. And not with a leader that I think would be at all meaningful to face in semi-iso AW, either.

Hey guys, so I officially apply for the Qin Shi Huang map that might come in the future. However, we have a decent pace at the moment. In whole month of April, I will be on a retreat w/o any access to internet etc.... March might be too early for another Chinese, so May/June. Book me in!
I've no objections. And as far as planning is concerned, let me see what I can do:
Spoiler leader list :
212 Hannibal (FIN/CHA)
213 Bismarck (EXP/IND)
214 Catherine (CRE/IMP)
215 Hammurabi (AGG/ORG)
216 Suleiman (PHI/IMP)
217 Lincoln (PHI/CHA)
218 Asoka (SPI/ORG)
219 Gilgamesh (CRE/PRO)
220 Pacal II (EXP/FIN)
222 Alexander (AGG/PHI)
223 Brennus (CHA/SPI)
224 Zara (CRE/ORG)
225 Mao (EXP/PRO)
226 HC or Victoria (prefer Victoria, FIN/IMP)
227 Stalin (AGG/IND)
228 Already played Lincoln and Brennus, so Frederick or Pericles (prefer Frederick, ORG/PHI)
229 Already played Brennus, CHA/CRE leader doesn't exist, so Hatshepsut (CRE/SPI)
230 Already played Mao, so Churchill (CHA/PRO) (could substitute for Qin if the timing works out, though)
231 Already played Pacal, so Joao (EXP/IMP)
232 Ragnar or HC (prefer Ragnar, AGG/FIN)
233 IND/PHI doesn't exist, so Roosevelt (IND/ORG)
235 Pericles or Gandhi, prefer Gandhi (PHI/SPI)
236 CRE/CHA doesn't exist, already played Gilgamesh and Catherine, so Sury (CRE/EXP)
237 Already played Churchill, so Charly or Cyrus (prefer Cyrus, CHA/IMP)
238 Toku or Wang Kong (but can substitute Qin)
So looks like I can pencil you in for either NC 230 or NC 238, possibly NC 237 if you'd prefer. Assuming a 1 NC/week rate NC 230 translates to...the first week of April, which apparently is not convenient, so I guess you'd like to reserve NC 238 (or 237)? NC 238 would be...the last week of May.

Top Bottom