Resource icon

Nobles' Club Bullpen: Fourth Cycle

Crossing off leaders that have already been played plus other leaders from the same civ narrows down the list considerably. I know you guys also don't like to use the same traits really close together so we wouldn't want PHI or PRO, and probably not FIN or EXP either since Pacal was just played. That leaves the following list:

Spoiler :
  • Cyrus (Cha/Imp)
  • Genghis Khan (Agg/Imp)
  • Hammurabi (Agg/Org)
  • Hatchepsut (Cre/Spi)
  • Justinian I (Imp/Spi)
  • Kublai Khan (Agg/Cre)
  • Montezuma (Agg/Spi)
  • Ramesses II (Spi/Ind)

Quite a few warmongers on the list so you could do one of them on a good warmonger map like pangea or a single continent fractal map (i like these). Egypt will likely also get treated as a warmonger civ due to war chariots, so the alternative would probably be Justinian, and i wouldn't mind playing him either. Either direction is fine with me.

SB isn't going to happen this weekend. Sorry. I think without more mapmakers NC is pretty much dead.

That'd be a real shame. I've played them all, some many times, and they've improved both my skill and my enjoyment no end. I'd be happy to give mapmaking a go - presumably it just needs (a) a map saved in WorldBuilder which follows the principles you set out here; and (b) the manual WB save edits you described in the same post? (I'm no expert with macros and so on.)

@vardermerwe: Yes, that's all that's needed. Some mapmakers have had trouble with their first attempt, but they were able to revise in response to the first few messages in their game threads, so don't worry overmuch about making mistakes.

@Pangaea: I certainly don't want it to end, but it can't depend on me to make maps reliably. I probably won't always be as busy as I've been lately, but there have certainly been a lot of incidents of me being late. Last year we had a lot of mapmakers, but the numbers have declined. Perhaps everyone shifted to Beyond Earth?

OK, happy to try Sitting Bull if that helps - should be able to do so by or over the weekend. Any views on map type?

If you want something special: Wheel (or another map with isolated continents for every player, connected by spokes) so people can try his archery units in always war setting.

We've done Hub a couple of times, but I don't recall ever doing Wheel, so that would be a reasonable choice for an "unusual" map type.

WRT Always War -- I think it best if you don't set the option in the WB saves, but suggest it as a challenge in the 2nd message in the game thread (the "Reserved" one where we hope mapmakers will eventually summarize the winners and their victory conditions).

I can prepare the next one after vandermerwe;

Is the list above from Izuul up to date ?
Perhaps Kublai on Pangea or Hatty on Oasis ?
standard size ?

Wheel it is then. Wouldn't know how to specify Always War in the save, so I won't try. I might put a couple of warmongers in the mix though. Watch this space.

Yep that list was just to narrow down the pool for the next couple of leaders.

Haven't played Civ since august last year I think, but I'd gladly give a hand at mapmaking for a few leaders.

Hi!

Remember me? I was really active here in Civ IV forums like a year or year and half ago (and before that). I also hosted some forum games in the NC. Even though my mapmaking career wasn't that successful, I think that my help might be needed in these difficult times for the NC. I don't remember how to make maps right now but I can always check the instructions.

I haven't played Civ IV for a long time (like for half years) but I could try it again :)! I've played some CK2 and EU4 lately. I also tried Civ V for one game and I wasn't that impressed about it. However it is school that has taken lots of my free time away... I don't have so much time for these kinda things at this point of my life. Now I have a free weekend so I could maybe try to make a map.

I don't know if it helps anyways, people are going away from the forums all the time. Maybe it is time to end NC with a massive last part or something like that if there are not enough mapmakers and not enough players. That would feel kinda sad too... Let's see what happens!

Top Bottom