Nobles' Club Bullpen: Sixth and Seventh Cycle

OoooOo, Kublai! :D
Just abandoned an annoying Nappy game, should start a Kublai game to practice.

I came back to Civ IV yesterday for a one-shot Earth18Civs, and wondered what had happened to Nobles' Club. Thanks to everyone involved for keeping it going.

In answer to a question from several years ago, I did not create the club, and forget who did. My main contribution (aside from running it for many months) was the scripts that let you choose what level to play at, while making sure the AI for that particular level was set appropriately; I gather folks do that by hand now. I think I wrote them as emacs macros, and emacs is available on Windows as well as Linux; I don't know if it's available for Macs.

I personally do the editing by hand, but with heavy (ab)use of Replace commands it doesn't take too long. I'm also not sure how simple it would be to create/update the macros for the added Demigod difficulty, since that requires reading which leaders are in the game (Asoka/Gandhi need a different set of units, but their starting units don't give that away like Mansa/Hammi/HC do).

I came back to Civ IV yesterday for a one-shot Earth18Civs, and wondered what had happened to Nobles' Club. Thanks to everyone involved for keeping it going.
Awesome to see you back, @dalamb! :) I recall you used to run this club some years ago. For several years probably? Hope you are doing well. Will you stay a bit, or is this a rare visit?

I've only made a rare map here and there, but recall using a script for it. Not sure if it was yours with emacs or a translation of it, but it all went very smoothly. I should have it sitting around in one of these harddisks :p

Top Bottom