Nobles' Club CXXX: Gilgamesh of Sumeria

The Oz-Man

Enter: The VAIKE!
The Nobles' Club series started out as a way for Noble-level (and below) players to improve their game. Most of the original participants now play at much higher levels, so this has become a way for advanced players to help others learn to play better. You can play your own game at any level and with any mod, but it would be nice to comment on the games of other players and give them advice.

Our next leader is Gilgamesh of the Sumerian Empire, whom we last played in NC CII. The Sumerians start with Agriculture and The Wheel, a very nice pair of first-tier techs that will assure your early worker will have something to do.
  • Traits: Gilgamesh is Creative and Protective. He gets free border pops thanks to +2 culture as well as a few cheap buildings (including Libraries). Creative has the nice benefit of making cities viable quicker, with second-ring food a more attractive option. Protective gives Drill and City Garrison promotions as well as cheap Walls and Castles--it's a little less useful on Noble, but higher-level players treasure it.
  • The UB: The Ziggurat, a Courthouse available at Priesthood that's 75% cheaper. It probably comes a bit earlier than you might need it, but it offers an early option to pay for REXing and a chance to rack up early espionage points if that's more your speed.

• The UU: The Vulture, an Axeman that trades 25% strength vs. melee units (25% instead of 50%) for an extra point of strength. I love these guys--they're the best axe-rushing unit in the game and will smite barbs for a long time.
And the start:

Spoiler map details :
Pangaea, Pressed coast.
Spoiler edits :
Made sure we had Copper reasonably nearby for Vulture fun. Tried to find a good balance of land, which worked out okay in tests. Moved the Warrior to reveal the piggies to the north. Swapped a nasty neighbor with one who likes being killed by Vultures a bit more.
Spoiler the switch :
Toku and Freddy switch places.

Finally, a cut and paste of our standard doctrine:

There are no hard and fast rules here: fun and learning are our primary goals, but we do suggest that you update your progress at various points in the game, using the Spoiler feature of the boards. You can post as often as you like; here's one suggestion:
  • 4000 BC (starting thoughts, no spoiler required for that discussion)
  • 1000 BC or so (how you decided to progress up the early tech/build paths, which AIs you have met, where you're thinking of putting cities, etc)
  • 500 AD or so (after establishing some cities and a possible plan of action)
  • 1200 AD or so (mid-game, Lib race, wars or peace, or whichever happened or didn't, met other
    continent if applicable, etc)
  • 1600 AD (or when you have decided on a course of action and a specific victory condition)
  • End of game (Victory!!! or defeat, no shame in losing, especially if you tried a higher level. Learning is what we focus on, not fastest win or biggest empire)

This is just a guideline. If you're trying to improve your game, then posting more frequent updates, in as much detail as you can manage, is the best way to get suggestions from other players. If you come to what seems like a major decision and you want some advice, post an update, regardless of what game-year it is.

We also welcome players to ask for specific game advice, as we have a number or stronger players who lurk and help out with solid tips, and of course, we help each other. Replies to specific questions should also be in spoilers, with a simple "@" in front of the person the answer is directed towards.

Special Thanks go to Bleys and TMIT, who really made this series a great one, r_rolo1, mapmaker extraordinaire, for his maps in the early days of the series, and all of you for playing. Oh, and thanks to dalamb for organizing all of this; he leaves himself out of the standard doctrine, but darn it, he works hard and he deserves a nod here. :)

The WB-saves are attached (zipped; they are bigger than standard saves). To play, simply download and unzip it into your BTS/Saves/WorldBuilder folder. Start the game, and load your favorite MOD (if you use one, if not, check out the BUG MOD), select "Play Scenario", and look for "NC 110 Saladin Noble" (or Monarch, etc., for higher levels). You can play with your favorite MOD at the Level and Speed of your choice. From Quick-Warlord to Marathon-Deity, all are welcome! We stuck with the name "Nobles Club" because it has a cool ring to it.
Spoiler what's up with specific difficulties :
In each scenario file you can select your level of difficulty, but that doesn't give the AI the right bonus techs by itself. Use the Noble save for all levels at and below Noble. The Monarch save gives all the AI Archery. Emperor adds Hunting; Immortal adds Agriculture; Deity adds The Wheel.

For players on Monarch or above, you should add archery as a tech for the barbarians (if you don't, the AI will capture their cities very early). This cannot be done in the WB save file and must be done in Worldbuilder as follows:
Spoiler how to add techs to the barbarians :

1. Zoom in all the way so you can't see the rest of the map.
  2. Use the CTRL-W key (or the menu) to enter the worldbuilder. Avoid looking at the mini-map in the lower right corner.
  3. By default you're in "player" mode (look in the box in the upper right; the icon that looks like a person should be selected). You'll get a drop down menu labeled with your leader's name. Barbarians are at the bottom, so cover the rest of the list with your hand if you don't want to see who else is on the map. Select "Barbarians".
  4. Select the "Technologies" tab in the box on the left.
  5. Find Archery (the arrow head icon; 8th row, 3rd column from the right) and click it.
  6. Exit the worldbuilder.
  7. Zoom out again after the map fades, and start playing.
Spoiler huts and events :
Note: The standard saves have no huts and have events turned off. If you want tribal villages and random events, choose the saves with "Huts" in their names. If you want huts but no events, select the Huts saves and use Custom Scenario to turn on the option that suppresses events.

:aargh:!! No! I have no time!! I'm still playing NC CXXIX and Finnish Succession game and trying to focus on school all at once!! I'd still like to play this! Nooo! Sniff.. Thanks anyways for making the map Oz! I might play it a little later!

I will move the warrior onto the forrested hill. Maybe there are some flood plains out west.

So tempting to sit on the marble.

edit: on second though, you can get out a worker a turn sooner but you will have to burn a turn to get him to that wet corn. Might be best to just SIP

Ah, I haven't played Gilgamesh in ages (years, to be precise)! This may turn out to be fun. After having started playing the Nobles' Club series from the start (just finished the VERY FIRST NC I Elizabeth :D) I have decided to jump all the way to #130 now.

As I have only seen the picture of the starting position in the opening thread, I have yet to take a closer look at the position. But I think I will plan for two cities in the revealed area. Settle in place for the capitol, and then a city 4N (on the hills/tundra) working the pigs. If there is silver up there (or it is coastal) it may turn out a nice early commerce-city to help pay for my empire's growing maintenance costs...

Being Pangaea, I presume we will meet our neighbours pretty soonish... I will use the Warrior to find out if the east is a coastline (or just some small lakes), then turn him westward (inland?) to find out who our closest rivals are. Plans for warlike (or peaceful) expansion can then be made...

I'll play until I've revealed the map a bit and post an update. Then you can all tell me how stupid I am not to settle the Marble...:)blush:).

Yours Sincerely

Kjotleik of Norway :)

Ok, third times the charm for on Prince, no huts/events (though I'm still planning on finishing Roosevelt on my own). This time I'd like to play small turn sets and get lots of help.

What are the pro/cons of SIP vs. Marble?

Since the starting picture has two bits of water on the east edge I can see I assume it's coastline. In that case I'm thinking my warrior should explore a little west and then curve south.

For build order I'm thinking worker>warrior>settler. For tech order I'm unsure AH>Pot>Mining>BW?

Also how does one leverage protective properly? What should my long game goal be or is it too early to tell?

I don't know Mr. Kjotleik of Norway :) as soon as I looked at starting screen I thought Settle on Marble even without the need of moving a warrior. It gets another great food resource in capitol, it still saves the space to settle north and makes the space to settle east what looks like a coast, without possibility of ruining potential seafood. Both pig & corn can then be shared with later cities.

As for scouting, I'd move warrior 1SW before settling just to be sure, than settle on marble, then probably go exploring 1NW (on grasshill), maybe further north a bit and than circle W, SW. If east is indeed coast, our creative capitol should explore it by itself pretty soon.

I'll play this on Immortal, standard settings; dunno how much time will this take, but if I start I'll finish it. Will start with a worker, researching AH.

After 25 turns, Immortal.

Spoiler :
Pretty sure I'm going to kill Freddy with vultures. I like the way his land is looking.

Ok epic speed 2950

Spoiler :
I decided to go worker>warrior>worker>settler

Where should my initial cities go? Could someone help me with an intial dot map and explain their choices? I'm thinking 1N of dry wheat for the next settler.
Did I play wrong and should just start over? I'm also planning on axe rushing Fred. What do I need to accomplish this?

Finally min>BW> then what? It seems my next options would be a beeline for oracle myst>mason>med>priest OR start towards currency write>math>alph>currency.

I'm taking a break now until 8pm Pacific time. Hopefully, someone would like to help out. It's very much appreciated.

Emperor, Epic, to 0AD

Spoiler :
Settled on Marble, Worker-Warrior-Warrior-Worker-Settler, AH-Min-BW-Hunt-Fish-Pot-Writing-Alpha

I didn't go for Oracle, as my tech rate was wayy too slow after I settled 2-3 cities, and I thought there were just too many needed technologies to ignore until I got Alpha.

Secondly, I did not Vulture rush Freddy. I thought he was too far away, and there was plenty of settleable land to the West.

I've cottaged much of the land, and with everyone occupied with Monty (at war with Peri, Freddie, Julius), I'm hoping I can pick up some speed.

I might try Diplo, I've never got one of them on Emperor, but I'll have to wait and see.

Since no one stepped forward i carried on by myself.

2425 update

Spoiler :

Well when I saw the fish I figured 2N of wheat was the place to settle. About to finish BW I figure fishing is next. I need to start building up a Fredrick axe rush. Problem is I don't know where my copper is. Until I find that I'm not sure what to do. I'm thinking whip after grainery>settler>whip barracks>axes?

Will play another set of turns in the morning.

Emperor, Epic, continued

Spoiler :
Hmm it hasn't played out as I hoped. I am the definitive tech leader and could have Libbed MT at a good date, could even have gotten Steel, but Freddie is master of Ramesis, and while I could take them both, it would be a messy war. With all three of my side's leaders at Friendly, I decided I'm just going to Space it.

As I said, Cuir+Canon might have yielded an early victory date, but I'm committed to Space at this point, but I doubt I'll get too impressive a date.

@marasaidw

Spoiler :
Yeah 2N of Wheat is a good city spot I think. It'll put you in a similar spot to that in which I found myself though; need Fishing, but teching that kind of ruins any chance of getting the Oracle due to low commerce.

Edit: You're working a Forest PH; you need more workers to chop/improve tiles

Finally, something I found amusing

Spoiler :
Toku landed the Mids in 920AD

@marasaidw
Spoiler :
To answer your post #7:
  • Pros/cons of SIP vs. Marble I mentioned in post #8, to add few more: settling on marble gives you +1:hammers:from city tile which is powerful and you get instant access to marble as soon as you research Masonry, without loosing turns quarrying it (6 I think + moving worker there + connecting it);
  • Build order, worker - growth to size 2 or 3 on warrior(s), depending on good available tiles - settler as soon as city grows to desired size. You can add builds down in queue with Shift+click or Ctrl+click in front of the queue;
  • Tech order shouldn't be planned not queued so far ahead; if you settle on marble then AH first - the rest is situational, but with all those forests I'd go AH-Mining-BW. Pottery is not needed that early, it can be researched after BW - as capitol is not suited for cottaging.
  • Protective is a weak trait, it's leveraged only on defense. On Prince at least it should only be considered for garrisoned archers/L-bows, maybe some X-bows to defend your stack.
  • Long term goal is to win. You can't plan anything else before you even began to play.
To answer your posts #11 & #13:

I played only one game on Epic speed, so maybe your decision to build 2. worker before 1. settler is good, but I think it'd be better to go for settler. Your initial cities should go...I have no idea, but since we don't have any commerce in capitol, 2. city should get some commerce resource or settled with intention to be cottaged. If you plan to vulture-rush Freddy, it should be done asap - 2 cities, 3 workers, chop & whip. And some roads toward him to speed it up. Granary & barracks I don't think so. Then again, this is epic speed and I might be completely wrong.

That's why I recommend you to play on normal speed to get more feedback from more players that are better on normal speed.

Immortal, normal, no huts & no events.

3000 BC

Spoiler :
Settled on the marble, started with worker researching AH. Exploration lead me to silver hill when capitol's borders popped and revealed that east really is coast. I explored 1NE with the warrior to reveal northern ocean before going SW-S.
Spoiler Image :
At T6 I met Ramesses west-side. At T12 worker was done and sent to improve corn. Started growing on warrior, T13 met JC. T14 AH was done and revealed horses just outside borders. Next research: Mining. Buddhism & Hinduism were founded in 3440 & 3400 BC. T17 corn was improved, worker sent to improve cows - sending him to pigs would loose 2 more worker turns. T18 I met Freddy, T19 capitol grew to size 2. T20 warrior was done and sent SE, started on another warrior. T22 I met Pericles and finished Mining. Cows are improved and Uruk grew to size 3 - queued settler and send worker to improve pigs. Research: BW.
Spoiler Images :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
Spoiler Image :
T25 Uruk's borders expanded and unfortunately didn't reveal more seafood (whales don't count), but that area is explored and safe from barbs.
Spoiler Images :
Spoiler T24 :
Spoiler T25 :
Found Freddy's land and I dot-mapped 2 cities that can't be settled otherwise to get the fishes; but these cities cannot be settled as 2. city - we don't have Fishing nor Hunting and we need some commerce. And BW is still the way to go - I think. So 2. city could be one of A, B or C marked spots, with only A that shares corn with capitol. All 3 are getting ~10 riverside tiles for cottaging (-1 or both FP's would have to be farmed). Cause worker is improving pigs, 2. city will have to be settled without being connected for few turns, so we'll loose some commerce. 3. will probably go between rice & horses or wheat & clam & fishes before Freddy ruins the fish.
Spoiler Image :
Uff tough one...to settle riverside cities before coastal ones? Probably, more scouting will tell. Or should we keep both warriors next to Freddy and try to steal some workers? And go fishing and strangely for Pangaea early sailing and GLH? We can have 5-6 coastal cities if we go toward that gold? Hmm...coast is pressed, so that means no islands, right?

Attachments

• NC 130 Gilgamesh BC-3000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    49.7 KB · Views: 68
NC 130 Kjotleik of Sumer / Monarch - Marathon - NoUnitDiscount

First Update! (Yohoo!) :D

After having started the game - and decided to play on Monarch at Marathon speed (Hey, I need a break - I'm not THAT good at this game, even though I've played it for years and really enjoy it. Unfortunately (in the eyes of the pro's) I've got a condition called Buildritis (I hope that was spelled correctly...). Besides, I have made it a little bit harder by creating my own little mod called NoUnitDiscount. Yes, you guessed it right:

After having started up the game, I made a small calculation :mischief:. And as it turns out - Settling the Marble will save NINE TURNS :rockon: on the first Worker. There goes my previously thoughts about settling-in-place... Nothing can defend wasting nine turns on the first worker... nothing...

Now to my report: 3415 BC

Spoiler :

But, but... I thought I settled on Marble? Then why is my Palace made of Stone and Copper?

Spoiler :

Luckily, my Warrior I of Uruk is a master animal-fighter...
Spoiler :

So... Turn 40 has arrived, and here is my possible city-sites in a dot-map (please comment, I'd love to hear of better city-plant planning)

Spoiler :

I did choose Animal Husbandry as the #1 technology. Pig + Cow is enough to convince me that I don't (urgently) need Bronze Working... (will this be a mistake?).

Worker I of Uruk were trained two turns before Animal Husbandry was discovered. But I decided to go to Pigs to Pasture them (12 turns) before Farming the Corn (15 turns). He did manage to put one turn into a road (6 turns) the Pig-tile before starting the Pasture.

Now, after taming the cattle I should've gotten Bronze Working, right? Well, yes. But instead I went for Fishing (to be followed by Pottery). Why? I feel that Pig + Corn + Cow in the capital is enough to get my first Settler out in due time. Besides two Fresh Water Lakes (2F 2C) in the Uruk Big Fat Cross (BFC) will hasten later research-plans. Maybe I should've gone Pottery > Fishing, but as Fishing speeds up Pottery, I went the other way. We'll see if I regret it later. I do plan to grow my city to size three before training a Settler anyways...

Who did I meet when?
Spoiler :

3835 BC - Ramesses II of Egypt
3670 BC - Montezuma of Aztec
3655 BC - Pericles of Greece
3625 BC - Julius Caesar of Rome
3535 BC - Frederick of Germany

Plans? Well, some coastal cities for sure. If I can get away with playing peacefully, I think I will... but knowing Montezuma that may not be possible...

And for those of you with more than enough time on your hands...
Spoiler :

Logging by BUG Mod 4.4 [Build 2220] (BtS 3.13-3.19)
------------------------------------------------
Turn 1/1500 (4000 BC) [07-Sep-2013 12:34:24]
KjotleikCom On Marble: Worker in 36 turns
KjotleikCom Settle in Place: Worker in 45 turns.
KjotleikCom A nine turn save is enough to change my mind.
KjotleikCom I'll settle on the Marble then...
Uruk founded
Uruk begins: Worker (36 turns)
Research begun: Animal Husbandry (38 Turns)
KjotleikCom Having both Cows and Pigs Animal Husbandry (38) is chosen
KjotleikCom Not having Mining means Bronze Working is too far away to trumph two food sources
100% Research: 9 per turn
0% Gold: 0 per turn, 0 in the bank

Turn 2/1500 (3985 BC) [07-Sep-2013 12:42:42]

Turn 3/1500 (3970 BC) [07-Sep-2013 13:34:31]
KjotleikCom Coast it is in the east. And as I settled Marble I have room for cities there...

Turn 4/1500 (3955 BC) [07-Sep-2013 13:36:16]

Turn 5/1500 (3940 BC) [07-Sep-2013 13:36:25]

Turn 6/1500 (3925 BC) [07-Sep-2013 13:36:33]

Turn 7/1500 (3910 BC) [07-Sep-2013 13:37:50]

Turn 8/1500 (3895 BC) [07-Sep-2013 13:37:56]
KjotleikCom One helper city with Whale hunters another with Deer hunters...hmmm

After End Turn:
Uruk's borders expand

Other Player Actions:
While defending in the wild near Uruk, Warrior I of Uruk (2.00/2) defeats Barbarian Wolf (Prob Victory: 100.0%)

Turn 9/1500 (3880 BC) [07-Sep-2013 13:39:57]
KjotleikCom Who said tundra was bad?

Turn 10/1500 (3865 BC) [07-Sep-2013 13:42:35]

Turn 11/1500 (3850 BC) [07-Sep-2013 13:42:40]

Turn 12/1500 (3835 BC) [07-Sep-2013 13:45:33]

After End Turn:

Other Player Actions:
Player contact made: Ramesses II of Egypt

Turn 13/1500 (3820 BC) [07-Sep-2013 13:45:39]
KjotleikCom Ramesses II - now I know who'll get The Oracle?
0% Espionage: 4 per turn

Turn 14/1500 (3805 BC) [07-Sep-2013 13:48:19]

Turn 15/1500 (3790 BC) [07-Sep-2013 13:48:47]

Turn 16/1500 (3775 BC) [07-Sep-2013 13:48:52]

Turn 17/1500 (3760 BC) [07-Sep-2013 13:50:20]

Turn 18/1500 (3745 BC) [07-Sep-2013 13:50:27]

Turn 19/1500 (3730 BC) [07-Sep-2013 13:50:36]

Turn 20/1500 (3715 BC) [07-Sep-2013 13:50:44]

Turn 21/1500 (3700 BC) [07-Sep-2013 13:50:59]

After End Turn:

Other Player Actions:
While defending in the wild near Uruk, Warrior I of Uruk (1.70/2) defeats Barbarian Lion (Prob Victory: 96.4%)

Turn 22/1500 (3685 BC) [07-Sep-2013 13:51:55]

Turn 23/1500 (3670 BC) [07-Sep-2013 14:03:45]
Player contact made: Montezuma of Aztec
KjotleikCom Montezuma is already Worst Enemy of Ramesses II. An early Aztec-Egyptian war coming?

Turn 24/1500 (3655 BC) [07-Sep-2013 14:05:30]

After End Turn:

Other Player Actions:
Player contact made: Pericles of Greece

Turn 25/1500 (3640 BC) [07-Sep-2013 14:05:37]

Turn 26/1500 (3625 BC) [07-Sep-2013 14:07:09]

After End Turn:

Other Player Actions:
Player contact made: Julius Caesar of Rome

Turn 27/1500 (3610 BC) [07-Sep-2013 14:07:50]

Turn 28/1500 (3595 BC) [07-Sep-2013 14:10:59]

After End Turn:

Other Player Actions:
Attitude Change: Ramesses II (Egypt) towards Montezuma (Aztec), from 'Annoyed' to 'Cautious'
Attitude Change: Montezuma (Aztec) towards NC 130 Kjotleik (Sumeria), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'

Turn 29/1500 (3580 BC) [07-Sep-2013 14:11:08]

Turn 30/1500 (3565 BC) [07-Sep-2013 14:13:32]

Turn 31/1500 (3550 BC) [07-Sep-2013 14:15:51]

Turn 32/1500 (3535 BC) [07-Sep-2013 14:17:35]
Player contact made: Frederick of Germany
KjotleikCom German borders approx 7 SW of my borders... Time to focus Espionage on Frederick

Turn 33/1500 (3520 BC) [07-Sep-2013 14:20:37]

Turn 34/1500 (3505 BC) [07-Sep-2013 14:20:43]

Turn 35/1500 (3490 BC) [07-Sep-2013 14:20:49]

After End Turn:

Other Player Actions:
Attitude Change: Ramesses II (Egypt) towards Montezuma (Aztec), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'
Attitude Change: Montezuma (Aztec) towards NC 130 Kjotleik (Sumeria), from 'Annoyed' to 'Cautious'

Turn 36/1500 (3475 BC) [07-Sep-2013 14:21:29]
KjotleikCom Worker finishes next turn. But the game counts inbetween turns as the previous turn.
KjotleikCom So the Worker will be trained in 3475 BC, despite not being available until next turn. Just read the log and see for yourselves..

After End Turn:
Uruk finishes: Worker

Turn 37/1500 (3460 BC) [07-Sep-2013 14:26:40]
KjotleikCom Now, what to improve first....
KjotleikCom If memory serves Pasture is 12 turns on Marathon
KjotleikCom and Farm is 15 turns. Pastured Pig is 6 F while Farmed Corn is 5 F.
KjotleikCom Despite having to waste two worker-turns instead of one...
KjotleikCom ... the Pasture comes sooner than the Farm, and with a higher yield.
KjotleikCom Worker I of Uruk ordered to the Pig tile 2 N to wait for Animal Husbandry.
Uruk begins: Warrior (23 turns)
KjotleikCom What to build in Uruk?
KjotleikCom As I want to grow to size three (Pig, Corn and Cow) I start a Warrior.
KjotleikCom Do notice it costs me 45 H, as I have a mod that removes the discount on units on Marathon.
KjotleikCom Now I'm really glad I settled on the Marble, as it halves the time for training the Warrior (45 to 23 turns).

Turn 38/1500 (3445 BC) [07-Sep-2013 14:48:58]
KjotleikCom On the Pig tile my Worker I of Uruk puts one turn into a road (6 turns on Marathon).

After End Turn:
Tech research finished: Animal Husbandry

Turn 39/1500 (3430 BC) [07-Sep-2013 14:51:33]
KjotleikCom Pasture has an ETA at turn 50.
KjotleikCom Oh, look. Horses 3 S of Uruk... Good News
Research begun: Fishing (18 Turns)
KjotleikCom I could get Bronze Working in 75 turns.
KjotleikCom But I need Fishing and Pottery to increase Research as well.
KjotleikCom I'll take a chance on not needing to whip against barbarians for a while

KjotleikCom Fishing next then (17 turns) as I have 2 Fresh Water Lakes in my BFC. And it speeds up Pottery.

Turn 40/1500 (3415 BC) [07-Sep-2013 15:06:47]

Hush, be quiet... don't make a sound... you may scare them away...Noooo.....:cry:

Spoiler :

And now I'm ready to continue to 3400 BC... (I hope) :)

Yours Sincerely

Kjotleik of Norway :)

@ NC 130 Kjotleik of Sumer

Very interesting & creative way of writing, especially with me being so technical an'stuff... :mischief:
Looking forward to read more! :)
Spoiler :
Glad you saw the benefits of settling on the marble and dang, why did I not think of going to pig first - worker would now be around corn ready to road toward 2. city. Nice opening! And the dot-map is looking good, very similar to what I have in mind.

Your Palace has to be made of Stone and Copper because you don't really have Marble yet. :mischief:

Here I am again 1425

Spoiler :
Vulture rush on Freddie successful. I'm thinking now I should consolidate and build more cities. What do you think are the best spots from this?

I'm thinking in the south a couple coastal cities, maybe fish corn and then explore by the SE floodplains. In the North I'm considering settling on the silver and another 1W of rice. When I have time a back-fill 1NE of pigs, but there is no rush on that. In the SW I'm thinking grassland 2W of the cow and another 1S of the sugar.

I know it's probably late, but seeing as I'm on prince I'm planning on trying to chop out the oracle. Once priesthood finishes I figure writing next to get libraries and start working on my GS. Freddie had built Stonehenge so I unfortunately have some priest GPP coming in soon.

Would it make sense to GLH and build some coastal cities? It is a Pangaea, but the coastline has look attractive. Lastly, should I vulture rush anyone else? They seem so far away.

Attachments

• NC 130 Gilgamesh BC-1425.CivBeyondSwordSave
    88.6 KB · Views: 71
Top Bottom