Nominations for Defence Minister

I would be happy to accept :)

Peter Grimes has been a vlauable part of our team. I nominate Peter Grimes.

I nominate myself and I acccept. With me a defence minister, I will give the team detailed scouting moves and give advice to Domestic as t what cities need to be producing units for our civilisation.

I decline any nomination that is presented to me since college is starting soon and do wish to focus more on the first month of the semester. But would like a less demamding office.

classical_hero said:
Anyway, you cannot run for the same office in two consectutive terms.
Excuse me for having a brain fart ;), but is there something in the consitution that says that I cant run for relection. I apologise in advance for my brain fart ;).

8) No person may hold the same elected office 2 terms in a row or hold more than 1 office at the same time, except in cases where the position would otherwise not be filled.
Nevermind :blush:. But is it possible for me to run in another election?

CivGeneral said:
Excuse me for having a brain fart ;), but is there something in the consitution that says that I cant run for relection. I apologise in advance for my brain fart ;).

Nevermind :blush:. But is it possible for me to run in another election?
How do I know this rule, because the Team Captain showed me it when I tried to run for President again.

I will support any Minister who will get a navy happening as a priority ... so any nominees please indicate their views on this ...

hmmm, we need to change that law, I must have passed it over when reviewing the Constitution...

I nominate myself and I acccept. With me a defence minister, I will give the team detailed scouting moves and give advice to Domestic as t what cities need to be producing units for our civilisation.

How can you disagree with a platform like that? :goodjob:

I second C_H for Defense minister.
(although you will always be remembered as the first president of our team!)

i second peter grimes nomination he has been very valuable and so has C_H but i think it is better to have some new faces in office

Because I am technically absent, allow me to be brief:

1. I accept the nomination.

2. As Defense Minister, I will undertake as rapid an exploration of our coasts and frontiers as possible, with the goals being two-fold:
a) encounter these strange people travelers have been telling us about
b) search for natural resources
Goal '2a' will allow us to establish contact, hopefully before the other civ has contact with anyone else. If we are first, we will have more bargaining power than if they already have contact with someone else.
Goal '2b' will allow us to have valuable commodoties to trade when we eventually establish contact. But more importantly, 'b' shows us where we may settle productive cities; where to block enemy access to resources and geographical choke-points, and where the enemy is likely to want to place cities.

3. I think it is likely that contact will be established during this term, and all voters should keep this foremost in mind. Once contact is made, the race will already be over. The scramble for territory and knowledge of the world has to start NOW - once we make contact, it's too late.

So much for being brief :)

I think both C_H or Peter would be excelent defence ministers.

Top Bottom