1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Nominations for Domestic Leader - Term 6

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of Democracy II' started by Shaitan, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

I never said you were a bad leader, Fionn. Just as my floating less than orthodox ideas out to the public would not make me a bad leader(a bad politician, maybe.... ;) ).

You seemed to imply that after much consternation, you were only joining this race to save Fanatika from the guy with the crazy ideas. :crazyeye: Well, my poll prompted Chieftess to devise a better way than mine to gain access to Theory of Gravity, and Fanatika will be all the better for it. If all goes well, we will have Nationalism by the end of tomorrow's turnchat. Somebody please tell me, what's wrong with that?

2. FionnMcCumhall

FionnMcCumhall Emperor

There isnt anything wrong with it but i accepted the nomination because your idea was to freely give up our gpt like it was water. We need each droplet of gold per turn we can get right now. Getting the the industrial age is fine but at what cost. Do we wait til we are in the red? I think not I have posted a discussion thread on what domestic should do in the future, please feel free to chine in, just dont say lets spend like crazy :)

I also accepted the nomination for another reason, we dont need another domestic leader who has a background in military or wholehartedly agrees with military plan of action at all times. Ive voted no to all plans proposed even tho i ended up conceded plan a i was still opposed to it. We have had too many people who go along with the warmongerers way too much.

3. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

Fionn, rest assured I am not a militarist. I make decisions based on our needs at the time. And it seems for quite some time, we have been at war with someone through no fault of our own. Those times called for stronger military spending. And to your credit, your pushed through the budget requests we needed during a tough time.

During this term, I foresee an opportunity to finally address the many domestic problems Fanatika faces. This is our need at the time. So this is where I feel the need to be.

4. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Although I would love to be in this race, as DL is one of my favorite positions, I must decline. I will throw my support behind Donovan Zoi. I believe we need new and decisive leadership here, and he is primed to step up and help lead us forward.

5. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

Donovan- The budget is tricky, and we cannot spend much at this time. We have to stay behind a bit for now. We can't make decisions that radical. I'm sorry, but I agree with Fionn.

6. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Thanks, but I have to decide if I want our economy to stay strong (Trade) or make Octivian_X VP again (President). :lol:

So, I decline this one. (wow, there's just not enough of me, huh?)

7. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

Please refrain from debate issues in the nomination thread.

8. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

Darn, there was so much I wanted to say....

I want to thank eyrei for the nomination but I must decline since I've decided to run for President. :)

9. Cheetah

Cheetah Deity

I'd like to nth Fionn and DZ

10. Zarn

ouch! That's okay.

11. FionnMcCumhall

FionnMcCumhall Emperor

I am dropping out of the race for domestic leader. Ive been seeing whats been going on with the game lately and i just dont like it anymore. Ive also got plenty on my plate with my website, and a few more website projects in the coming months. Hopefully after all this is done i will return to a more active role in the government.

12. Zarn

Oh. I actually wanted a three way race. Believe it or not, I would have supported you, if I did not run. No offense, DZ.

13. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

None taken, Zarn. Some of my proposals may be a bit too daring for even the greatest of Jedis.

But they work.

14. Zarn

I'm glad. One of us is probally going to be deputy, the other the leader. So, we should start getting along. Not that we are at each others throats, but having two good politicians that are friendly is very good. I make friends with people I run against. It's just the way things go with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.