Nominations for New Cabinet Positions

eyrei

Deity
Retired Moderator
Though this change to the constitution is not official yet, as cabinet members may still change their votes before midnight GMT on Sunday, and Civanator has not voted yet, I wish to go ahead and start collecting nominations, in the interest of time.

The vote stands at:

4 For
1 Abstain
1 Not voted

The president supports this change, so a tie would also end up passing the resolution.

I have asked all members of the current cabinet, and the president to remain aloof from these nominations and the election in general, to remove politics from these positions as much as we can. For information about the actual positions, please see the cabinet vote thread.

If you have questions, please post them here, though I think the information in the cabinet vote thread is pretty clear. Once we have collected a good number of nominations, a vote will be held, though this cannot take place until the change becomes official on monday.

just a technical point here, eyrie. the President voted pre-maturely on the ammendment, therefore his tie-breaking role has expired. in a Cabinet vote, the six cabinet members vote and if there is a tie, then the president comes in (as he sees no majority vote from his cabinet) and decides the tie-breaker. i think this issue should be stated for future reference. Thus the President's privilege has expired on this issue.

The vote stands at 4 for the change. If someone changes their mind, and the vote is tied, the president will have to have the tie breaker, otherwise we will have a non-decision. I am glad you brought it up though, I meant to remind the president about that soon after he did it. Since there is popular support for this measure, we need to make sure a decision is made.

I really hope someone makes a nomination soon. :cool:

how did you get your post changed without an edit date, eyrei?

Originally posted by Cyc
how did you get your post changed without an edit date, eyrei?

Which one? I think if you edit it within like 2 minutes, it doesn't show up.

no, good buddy.:D that was definitely at least 4 hours and 5 minutes.

Originally posted by Cyc
no, good buddy.:D that was definitely at least 4 hours and 5 minutes.

I am still not sure which post you are talking about. In this thread? Do you mean the vote results? I didn't edit them, I had them right the whole time.

We've got two open cabinet positions but no nominations yet. With the large amount of popular support in the polls I thought there would be a rush for these seats. Anybody interested?

Will someone please make a nomination?:eek: Nominate yourself if you have to.:rolleyes: The election for these positions will likely be postponed until the end of the month, when the rest of the elections take place, unless we get quite a few nominations in the next day or so.

i would like to nominate disorganizer, i think he would be very good for this job:)

I nominate Immortal

Top Bottom