1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Nominations the head the Office of Domestic Policy

Discussion in 'Team Epsilon' started by fe3333au, Mar 3, 2006.

1. fe3333au

fe3333au Deity

This will be the thread where nominations for all future elections to head The Office of Domestic Policy will be discussed.

Good Luck to all the candidates going for the Chief Domestic Officer :goodjob:

2. gbno1fan

gbno1fan Emperor

I nominate Memphus for this position.

3. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

I'll nominate Kylearan to this position also!

Kylearan has had great input, has lots of great experiance in Civ4, and so far has been unable to avoid "just lurking"! ;)

I think he'd make a wonderful (and Intimidating) President for our Team.

4. Memphus

Memphus Deity

I Accept this nomination :hammer:

As Chief Domestic Officer, I will be committed to getting Epsilon Team off on the right :move:. The opening turns [civ4] are extremely crucial to the developement of Epsilonia! By encouraging friendly discussion, I will make sure that our opening 20 Turns will be Strong, and set us up for whatever path we choose, whether it be :evil: war or :religion: peace

I intend to appoint a 2 team members to the Department of Industry and Department of Economy, to allow for specialized focus on critical early game strategies thus allowing a :traderoute: triangle :traderoute: of :hammers: POWER :hammers: in the The Office of Domestic Policy!

It would be a pleasure to serve the team as Chief Domestic Officer
    and I look forward to being a part of this wonderful team!

Edited for a non working smilies :foot: != :move: and :civ: != [civ4] oops :crazyeye:

5. gbno1fan

gbno1fan Emperor

Memphus, what will you be looking for in your appointed players?

6. Memphus

Memphus Deity

A Different perspective from my own.
    I am very proficient in fast domination (See GOTM3 here) and have stong :strength: strategies for an opening game. So in the appointed players I would look for
    Specifically:
    one player: well versed in mulitplayer, and the cautious aspect of the game
    I.E. To argue the dangers of opening building a worker and not a warrior (early rush :sad:)
    Other Player: To possibly even never have played [civ4], or very little experience with it and can cast an opinion on which way to go wieghing the alternatives evenly. Hence the :traderoute: triangle :traderoute: of :hammers: Power :hammers:
    I.E. The deciding vote on opening building a worker and not a warrior, because this is one of our large discussions for the first 20 turns.

So Ideally there will be two major discussion in The Office of Domestic Policy for the opening of the game:
    1.Which unit to build first
    2. Which tech to reasearch first

After that point, more of the game will be revealed and can be more read and react. However prior to this, we will have to base our descision on team members previous experience with what works.

7. Kylearan

Kylearan compound eye

Hi,

Thanks, I feel honoured - but I have to decline for now. It's bad enough I couldn't resist the temptation to delurk already, but I'd like not to get involved more than this for the time being. ;)

I'd like to be more of an active advisor instead, to serve as a counsellor to the different departments. (Yeah I know, "councellor" isn't really a role appearing anywhere in the constitution... :crazyeye: )

I'd simply cannot guarantee to be able to devote a constant amount of time to the MTDG to assume a more official role for now, and being in a different time zone than most of you doesn't really help either.

-Kylearan

8. fe3333au

fe3333au Deity

I wouldn't worry about the time zone thing ... Epsilon spans the globe.

But surely not just a 'counsellor' but may I suggest an Uber-Counsellor :salute: ... I look forward to our discussion threads, I'm sure they will be very informative ... machts gut, zum vohlzeit und prost :beer:

9. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

I wonder if Kylearan would accept the post of Devil's Advocate, which would seem to be a sort of ombudsman, always looking at the other side of the question...?

10. gbno1fan

gbno1fan Emperor

Does this mean you're planning on voting for me? ;)

Seriously, I think he'd be great for the position. If I'm voted in, I'll contact him right away. :)

11. Kylearan

Kylearan compound eye

Hi,

:lol: I like that one. :cool:

Something like this is what I had in mind for me to contribute to our team: To outline what options we have in a given situation, and what the possible consequences of these options would be, both positive and negative, taking all I know about Civ 4's game mechanics into account. I hope I will thus be able to make the final decision easier of what choice will be best for our strategy. I see myself more to be a scientist than a politician... ;)

-Kylearan

12. fe3333au

fe3333au Deity

:bump: Opened on the 3rd March 11pm ... so will close 10th March 11.00pm +10 GMT

So we need any other nominations confirmed by then !!

13. fe3333au

fe3333au Deity

Nomination Period Closed ...

Term 1 ... Head of the Office of Domestic Policy is Memphus :salute:

14. gbno1fan

gbno1fan Emperor

We are now on turn 15 of the current term.

Nominations for the next elections (to take place during turns 18-20) are now open.

Please post your nominations for the Head of the Office of Domestic Policy in this thread.

15. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

Memphus is doing a bang-up job... I'm already learning a lot.

I heartily nominate him for a second term.

[party]

16. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Well in that case I Accept,

This next term is really going to set the tone for the game.

And I mean who can complain about discovering 4 Technologies in 20 turns :eek:

(including Writing and Animal Husbandry ;) )

Wow the epartment of Economy is on fire...thanks to some huts :goodjob:

17. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Indeed! Great Job, Memphus :)

18. gbno1fan

gbno1fan Emperor

The nomination period is now closed.

Due to lack of competition, the Head of the Office of Domestic Policy for Term 2 is Memphus.

19. Memphus

Memphus Deity

:evil: I will do my best to keep our research rate up :rolleyes: ...Come on HUT

20. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Yeah, Defense is kicking your butt in research. ;)