Nominations to head the Office of Imperial Defense

fe3333au

Deity
3) The Office of Imperial Defense

A) The Secretary General of Defense
- The Secretary General of Defense (SGD) is the head of all Defense Activities and is responsible for the management of all military units and the management of any armed conflicts.
- The Secretary General of Defense is responsible to post orders for each turn in a timely fashion for the President to follow.
- The SGD is in charge of all the following departments and may run them as he sees fit, including appointing any citizen to run the department in the SGC’s place. Any departmental disagreements will be settled by the SGC. The SGC is responsible to run a “Defense Office” thread with a summary of the current happenings in all Defense departments.

B) Department of the Army
- Run by the Secretary General of Defense or an appointee of the SGC.
- Responsible for all land and air units (except settlers, workers, and missionaries)
- Responsible to maintain the “Department of the Army” thread.

C) Department of the Navy
- Responsible for all sea based units (except work boats)
- Responsible to maintain the “Department of the Navy” thread.

D) Department of the War Academy
- Responsible for all promotions that any units receive
- Can choose not only WHAT promotion a unit receives, but WHEN to take that promotion (as waiting can sometimes be advantageous).
- Responsible to maintain the “Department of the War Academy” thread.

Good Luck to all the candidates going for the Secretary General of Defence :goodjob:

I'll nominate Peter Grimes to be our first Secretary General of Defense.
:salute:

He's done a great job in the Civ3 MTDG, and I'm sure he'll get Empire off to a good start.

This first term is likely to be very quiet for all departments, so organization and setting a precedent for reporting and organization styles will be key. You don't need to be able to open our Civ4 save for that!
And Thus, I think Peter is very qualified.

(But Mr. Grimes does love a dirty campaign.. so don't be afraid to run against him! … er… should that be "be afraid, be very afraid!") :lol:

If it is necessary, I second the nomination of Peter Grimes.

I, too, believe he has done an excellent job in the Civ3 MTDG.

I'm also going to nominate lost_civantares as his comment have been quite instructive as well.

Also to other citizens, Don't be afraid to self nominate ... I did ;)

:bump: Are any of the nominees going to accept the nomination, or what?

This nominee is still considering whether to run or not. Sorry for the silence.

To be honest, I'm afraid that my duties in the Civ3 game may infringe on the time I'd need to invest in the office of Secretary General. On the other hand, the first term won't see many units built (1, maybe 2 max), so how much time will it really involve?.... Not much.

I'm still considering whether to run. I'll decide within 48 hours of this post, at the latest. :)

I really appriciate the nomination, and if Peter feels that this would take up too much time and azzaman doesn't respond/doesn't want the job I will try, but I think for this term I will sit out if others want to run. Later I will probably consider running after I can see what the duties and how the office should be run, so that I can at least do a decent job, but because TNT has such a different form of government I will hold off right now on running, unless as said before, I'm the only canadate.

:clap: Azzaman333 vs. Peter Grimes

Any platform speeches ?

Will you be looking for others to assist in the running of Defence Dept ?

Do you have any ideas on the promotion options ... I believe a unit can get better in other traits apart from Health ... do you have any ideas on this?

Well, since there wont be a great deal of work, i'm not going need anyone for the specific roles that i could get. However, if i find that i am doing too much work, i will delegate it to a willing person. I dont think that this term will be very exciting in this position, but i like keeping my roles small.

I decline the nomination. I'm perfectly prepared to offer assitance, and plenty of opinions, but I just can't afford the time right now. Maybe in a couple of terms, after I see how cIV actually works a bit ;)

:bump: Opened on the 3rd March 11pm ... so will close 10th March 11.00pm +10 GMT

So we need any other nominations confirmed by then !!

We are now on turn 15 of the current term.

Nominations for the next elections (to take place during turns 18-20) are now open.

Please post your nominations for the Head of the Office of Imperial Defense in this thread.

Now that you're back - you interested in this post lost_civantares?

I'll officially nominate you! :)

If I accept and am voted in, that means at this early stage that I will be managing the warrior and any other ones that are produced, so basicly I will just be telling the player how to explore, right, since there is (unless we hit a hut and gain XP? Or am I missing something? I just have to be careful with finals around the corner. If that is the case I would be happy to accept.

lost_civantares said:
If I accept and am voted in, that means at this early stage that I will be managing the warrior and any other ones that are produced, so basicly I will just be telling the player how to explore, right, since there is (unless we hit a hut and gain XP? Or am I missing something? I just have to be careful with finals around the corner. If that is the case I would be happy to accept.

Trust me I know how important School is ;) , So with that in mind the week(or two) for studying and writing finals you could simply (if you win) designate someone to submit your orders.

And secondly don't forget DaveMcW also mentioned that general descriptions can work (I.E. Explore in an Western Direction for 3 Turns, Which is most likely going to be the rough navigation of our new warrior)

The nomination period is now closed.

Due to lack of competition, the Head of the Office of Imperial Defense for Term 2 is lost_civantares.

Top Bottom