1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Nominations to head the Office of the Foreign Ministry

Discussion in 'Team Epsilon' started by fe3333au, Mar 3, 2006.

1. lost_civantares

lost_civantares [Insert Title]

I think that it was a tad on the good side that this closed before it was too late for me....:mischief:

2. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

I rest my candidacy on my statements in this thread. There have been gratuitous allegations, libelous falsehoods, and political lies issued against me. None have been issued against my opponent, General_W.... I feel very adolescent in pointing out how Interesting that is!

In any case, I will be quick to note that General_W would make an adept Foreign Minister. I would not hesitate to vote for him myself (if no one else were running). But I will simply point out the type of Character that tends to gravitate towards My Opponent, and the schizo-fanatic qualities exhibited already: Do any of us really want that to be the Face of Epsilon?

I do not have a psychotic message to spread to the world; if that's the face you want to project, then you must support General_W and his Cronies.

If you are of a more enlightened and rational mind, as most of us Epsilonians are, then I am clearly the better voice for our team.

3. lost_civantares

First of all, I am not going, nor planning on being the foreign minister. Secondly, while I have raised some issues, it was you first who started the "issues" by supplying statements such as:

I had said nothing prior to this about Canadate Peter's abilities, and neither had General_W. In fact General_W was being entirely honest about what he thought he was able of, but Peter decided to loudly splice his thoughts in, whether or honored assembly needed them or not (didn't I hear something about "adolescents"....). I simply saw the case of the oppressed, pointed out some weaknesses in the earlier history of Canadate Peter, and was jumped on when I dared to put forth the words of Great Sirian, and had my words twisted and my name maligned (deviously calling me nothing but a "lackey" and "schizo-fanatic" springs to mind). Altough I might be hard on those whom I feel oppress others (and notice that I never declared our friend Peter evil, I simpley implied the fact that Peter must be tested first before he can be trusted, and I would like to see at least some proof of his ability preferably before I can have much trust in his abilities to represent the name of Eternal Epsilon before the UN, the meeting place of humanity), it is something that I should have as the minister of defense. Peter is not running for the minister of defense (where you'll notice he is with MIA, where the current situation, and in fact any game during the time period being played now in the civ3 MTDG) where it is good, in many ways, to be "psychotic", as peter grimes, so kindly put it, but for the position of head of the Foreign Ministry, and especially at a time where critical alliences and friendships will be formed, ones that will either spur us on to victory, or ignominous defeat, such rampent and spiteful talk, spurting out and then attacking all who come to the defense of the poor attacked, is someone that can not be trusted with this position of honor and great defrence.

I have asked time and again for proof of the ability of Canadate peter grimes, but he has given us nothing but negitive proof.

Canadate peter grimes has attack the sacred name of Epsilon. He has either foolishly decided that bravado was the right way to go, and said crazy (and he called me psychotic?) or he has decided that he doesn't want Epsilon to win, and decided to push the hitherto respected name of Epsilon into the mud and dirt of the pub and Off topic threads. Why would someone running for such an important post do something like this? Look closely at his unguarded words, and think what damage he could do later if in such a flustered state as Canadate peter grimes was previously, and will again if elected:
    Here he is not only insulting Epsilon that they are not smart enough to know simple words like gloobing, that our team is nothing but a viper's pit, and that we are cowards of even simple things like bears, but he's also decided to make up some thing that will detract from Canadate General_W's election prospects. Additionally he decides later on that I have made up my reports on Canadate peter grime's previous history, and when I prove my statements and give him the oppertunity to doubt my evidence if he so wished, he ignores me and thereby louses any ability to make a reasonable defence, and ends up in his present tail spin.

One must be able to keep ones self neutral in a tense situation, and Canadate peter grimes has done nothing but prove that he can't handle even a minor dispute and frustration such as has happened here. He has loudly and quite blatently tried to slather disrepute on people that he has no reason to do so, and, contrasted to General_W's quiet listening, only speaking up only once, and then doing nothing but encouraging those who would defend the rights of Epsilonians and the culture of Epsilon, decided that it was he, Great Canadate peter grimes, that quiet and kindly man, that was the right man for the job, despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. The actions of these two canadates speak well of who they actually are. Who do you think is the right man for this important post of honor during the formulative years in our Great nation's history?

4. gbno1fan

gbno1fan Emperor

We are now on turn 15 of the current term.

Nominations for the next elections (to take place during turns 18-20) are now open.

Please post your nominations for the Head of the Office of the Foreign Ministry in this thread.

5. Kentharu

Kentharu Zebra Commander

i nominate General_W cause he is awesome and knows what he is doing, his foreign ministry thread is superbly planned and laid out

and he probably has cookies to :)

6. Memphus

Memphus Deity

I Second that and would urge that in this term (pendign his victory) he continue to do the same as last as we must be meeting someone soon :D

7. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

Thank you gentlemen!

I'll be happy to keep serving. I must warn everyone though – I'll be gone on vacation from July 7th through the 14th – and most likely won't have any internet access. (at the lake).

I can easily appoint a deputy to run things while I'm gone – but if someone else want to officially take over, I'm cool with that :)

If I am reelected, rest assured I will continue the reporting I've started – and always be on the lookout for new ways to refine and make things more clear.

8. gbno1fan

gbno1fan Emperor

The nomination period is now closed.

Due to lack of competition, the Head of the Office of the Foreign Ministry for Term 3 is General_W.

9. gbno1fan

gbno1fan Emperor

Nominations for the next elections (to take place during turns 18-20) are now open.

Please post your nominations for the Head of the Office of the Foreign Ministry in this thread.

10. Memphus

Memphus Deity

I strongly Nominate General W as he is a fimilar contact for our current deals with Pfiffle

11. lost_civantares

I definitly second, my trust in him over the past 2 terms (in addition to my quite, uh, "active" campaigning ;))has been proven to be placed correctly. :)

12. General_W

I appreciate the confidence Gentlemen!
    Thank you!

I will tentatively accept – but I do need to issue a caveat.

As you've noticed, I've fallen way behind in keeping up on the intelligence thread.
    I feel perfectly capable of keeping up on any actual diplomacy… and I follow these threads very actively, so I'm confident I'm well informed on what's going on in the team.
    My point? It may be a while (if ever) before I can catch up on the intelligence thread. I may just need to start over at some point in the future. I haven't gotten any complaints about my tardiness – so maybe that thread was only of limited use anyway?

If people want to re-elect me to this post, I'll keep doing the best job I know how on all aspects of our Foreign Ministry… but the intelligence thread may continue to suffer for a while.
    (Reasons- if you care – just moved into the country – now I've got very poor internet at home, and my responsibilities in the Civ3 MTDG may be taking a big increase here soon)

Anyway – if someone else would like this job, I'll be happy to continue in a role as "Ambassador to Piffle" if I can best be of service that way.

So yeah – that's a long winded way of saying "I humbly accept – but if someone else wants the job, please run!"

:salute:

13. Kylearan

Kylearan compound eye

Hi,

It was of great use to me! I don't have the time to download and open the save, so I loved to see what had changed during the turns, and where everyone else stood. It was a great thread! :goodjob:

However, I also see how much work it must have been to do this, so I won't complain - just letting you know that the thread was much appreciated. ;)

Sorry that I've been so quiet, but as long as the CS plan seems to work smoothly, I don't see much to discuss so...

-Kylearan

14. gbno1fan

gbno1fan Emperor

The nomination period is now closed.

Due to lack of competition, the Head of the Office of the Foreign Ministry for Term 4 is General_W.

15. General_W

Thanks!
    I'm honored to serve again.

:salute:

Hopefully I'll be able to re-start the intelligence thread soon.

16. gbno1fan

gbno1fan Emperor

17. Memphus

Memphus Deity

It would be a shame to change faces in our diplomatic relations with Pfiffle (we should save the for the :backstab:)

GO GENERAL_W!!! :goodjob:

18. lost_civantares

Definitely Seconded. (Remember we're MIA quality here though :p )

19. General_W

Thanks Gentlemen!

I accept. :salute:

I promise to more active in this next term! Otherwise more of the same :)

20. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Hey General - any chance of reviving the CIA?.... or is that just a tremendous amount of catch-up at this point?

I could help, if given instructions. Work will be letting up soon.