Nominations to head the Office of the President

fe3333au

Deity
This will be the thread where nominations for all future elections to head The Office of the President will be discussed.

1) The Office of the President

A) The President
- The President is the highest office in the government and is the officer trusted with the actual playing of the save. The President is responsible to get the save, play it, and pass it on to the next team within the time limits established by the MTDG. If the President is unable to play within the time limit, it is his responsibility to give ample notification and designate someone else to play the save.
- In playing the save, the President is responsible to faithfully execute the orders of each minister as given to him. In the event of conflicting orders, or legitimate disagreements between ministers, the President has the power to make the final judgment call.
- The President is empowered to respond to any unforeseen circumstances that arise when playing the save as best he sees fit. This includes declaring war if necessary. The Presidents decision to declare war must be supported by a vote of 4 of the Officers in order to continue more than 2 turns.
- The President is responsible to post a “Turn Summary” report where all the essential information from the playing of the save is presented for all citizens. Every significant move should be reported for the other officers to verify that their orders have been carried out, and to keep every citizen informed of the happenings, and in case the turn must be replicated.
- The President is also responsible to post maps and any other requested screen shots, to assist in reporting the state of the empire.
- Finally, the President is in charge of all the following departments and may run them as he sees fit, including appointing any citizen to run the department in the President’s place. Any departmental disagreements will be settled by the President.

B) Department of Civics
- Run by the President or an appointee of the President.
- Responsible for making all civics choices.
- Responsible to maintain the “Department of Civics” thread.

C) Department Council on Religion
- Responsible for choosing our state religion – if any.
- Responsible for all Missionary units from the moment they are built.
- The Department Council on Religion may not send any missionaries into foreign territory or attempt to spread religion in any foreign city without the express permission of the State Department
- Responsible to maintain the “Department Counsel on Religion”

D) Department of Imperial Expansion
- Responsible for choosing all settlement locations for new cities.
- Responsible for all Settler units from the moment they are built.
- Responsible to maintain the “Department of Imperial Expansion” thread.

E) Department of the Budget- Run by the President or an appointee of the President.
- Responsible for choosing how any gold in the treasury will be spent.
- Any gold rushing of units or buildings must be approved by this department
- Any gold transfers negotiated by the Foreign Department must be approved by this department.
- Any deficit spending (where gold income is negative) by the Department of the Economy (Domestic Office) must be approved by this department.
- Responsible to maintain the “Department of the Budget” thread

Good Luck to all the candidates going for the President :goodjob:

I nominate DaveMcW for President.

In the interests Competition, and Rising the Cream, and all those other phrases that mean finding the best person for the task at hand, I nominate DaveMcW and Kylearan (separately, of course :))

Be aware that this first term will not involve a huge commitment of time, in case that's an issue.

I accept.

I also nominate anyone who has been President in a past demogame. The first 20 turns are more about establishing a working system than brilliant strategy, so prior experience is very valuable.

DaveMcW said:
The first 20 turns are more about establishing a working system than brilliant strategy

What sort of working system do you envision?

Also, could you comment on your prior experience with Civ4?

I served as President in the 2nd and 3rd terms in the Civ3 MTDG, and I helped our team get a really good Presidential reporting system that we've continued to use ever since.

I'll be happy to share that format and any experience I have with whoever wins!

Let the races begin!

Question for DaveMcW (And any others that join the race…)
Do you plan to run all the departments yourself, or do you anticipate appointing any department heads?
(Maybe a bit superfluous with so little to do in the first 20 turns?)

Here is my platform:

Department of the Budget
I will run this myself and reserve all gold for deficit research.

Department of Civics
I will run this myself and maintain the status quo. I do not think there a benefit to changing civics during my term, even if we discover one like slavery. That can be an issue in the next election.

Department of Imperial Expansion
I will run this myself and open a discussion on the placement of our first city. I have a lot of Civ4 experience evaluating starting locations, including several GOTM and HOF games.

Department Council on Religion
I am willing to appoint someone to lead a discussion about religion choices, but I do not plan to do anything myself.

Playing the Game
I will work to establish a turn instruction system that allows anyone in the Chain of Command to play with confidence. I am committed to keeping the game moving quickly, and I should be able to play the save less than 12 hours after receiving it. But 12 hours is still too long, so I will authorize officers in the Chain of Command to play the game above and beyond the pace written in the Constitution.

Note: According to the constitution, the economy slider is determined by the Domestic Dept. The Department of the Budget determines how to allocate the funds already in the Treasury.

Other than that, the platform looks pretty good.

gbno1fan said:
Note: According to the constitution, the economy slider is determined by the Domestic Dept. The Department of the Budget determines how to allocate the funds already in the Treasury.

Other than that, the platform looks pretty good.

In the event That I win the race for the Domestic Department I will maintain a 100% science rate for the first term. :)

:bump: Opened on the 3rd March 11pm ... so will close 10th March 11.00pm +10 GMT

So we need any other nominations confirmed by then !!

General_W said:
I served as President in the 2nd and 3rd terms in the Civ3 MTDG, and I helped our team get a really good Presidential reporting system that we've continued to use ever since.

I'll be happy to share that format and any experience I have with whoever wins!

I would be happy to recieve it! :)

We are now on turn 15 of the current term.

Nominations for the next elections (to take place during turns 18-20) are now open.

Please post your nominations for the President in this thread.

I Nominate DaveMcW again :goodjob:

You have done a fantastic job so far!!!

I am sensing a distinct lack of competition here! Now is my chance to do some negotiating. ;)

Things I don't like about being President:
- Everyone keeps giving orders in different threads. It would make my job a lot easier if officials could agree on a single place to post their orders.
- Requests for statistics about our nation. That's the job of the Department of Intelligence and Analysis, run by the Foreign Minister. I will only post screenshots of maps, cities, and ingame events if re-elected President.

DaveMcW said:
I am sensing a distinct lack of competition here! Now is my chance to do some negotiating. ;)

Things I don't like about being President:
- Everyone keeps giving orders in different threads. It would make my job a lot easier if officials could agree on a single place to post their orders.
- Requests for statistics about our nation. That's the job of the Department of Intelligence and Analysis, run by the Foreign Minister. I will only post screenshots of maps, cities, and ingame events if re-elected President.

Understood :salute:

To make you job easier I suggest having a similar Thread to which I have maintained for the Department Of the Domestic Office Turn orders

If everyone from each department posted once per turn in a similar format, then it would make the Presidents Life easier. (I.E. State if there are no orders for that turn. (Once you set up the template it is easy to copy and paste, and make the required changes)

As for statistics concerning :science:, :hammers: and worker orders I will do my best to keep those comming if re elected.

Top Bottom