Non-Critical Gameplay Problems

There is one cathedral that has done this in base RoM forever plus one of AAranda's extensions plus the new Jain one I did. Why is Naglism and Voodoo not causing the same problem? In fact the Jain one provides much less than the Voodoo one.

Probably is. Just that I happened to notice the Jainism one. It needs fixing as it totally throws all concepts of gold balance out the window. I suggest we simply remove it from the cathedrals for now (do those religions not have shrine buildings defined yet?)

I just browsed the traits and saw we have several identical trait combos for two or even more leaders:

Aggressive / Nomad
Ghengis Khan; Little Crow

Spiritual / Charismatic
Brennus, Menelik II

Creative/Organised
Daganawida, Zara Yacob

Expansive/Imperialistic
Joao II, Suppiluliuma

Industrious/Protective
Curtin, Qin Shi Huang

Philosophical/Humanitarian
Gandhi, Lincoln, Selassie I (out of four humanitarian leaders :eek: )

I have currently no proposals for whom to change and to which trait combo, but this could be open to any suggestions.

Probably is. Just that I happened to notice the Jainism one. It needs fixing as it totally throws all concepts of gold balance out the window. I suggest we simply remove it from the cathedrals for now (do those religions not have shrine buildings defined yet?)

Everything is the basically the same for "Temple of Toltoc", "Voodoo Market" and "Jain Cathedral" the numbers just vary slightly. Same for the shrines. Not only that but the others have not changed in years. The only change has been adding the Jain religion. I'll go through the XML line by line comparing them.

Everything is the basically the same for "Temple of Toltoc", "Voodoo Market" and "Jain Cathedral" the numbers just vary slightly. Same for the shrines. Not only that but the others have not changed in years. The only change has been adding the Jain religion. I'll go through the XML line by line comparing them.

Voodoo temple has:
Code:
<GlobalReligionCommerce>NONE</GlobalReligionCommerce>

It's that tag that is the issue. Only shrines should have it (and as far as I've seen only shrines do apart from the Jain cathedral, though I couldn't find the temple of Toltoc when I searched for that)

Voodoo temple has:
Code:
<GlobalReligionCommerce>NONE</GlobalReligionCommerce>

It's that tag that is the issue. Only shrines should have it (and as far as I've seen only shrines do apart from the Jain cathedral, though I couldn't find the temple of Toltoc when I searched for that)

OK, the Voodoo one does not have that either and the value for the Jain one was set in the mod I merged it from. As to not finding the "temple of Toltoc" it may be my dyslexia or the fact that it has changed names at least twice over the versions of RoM ;)

I will change it but it means I need something else to make Jain balance with the other religions. Either that or turn all religions into boring same as each other which some people seem to want.:mischief: Any suggestions?

I would say have them focus in diffrent areas
I don't know much about a lot of the religions, but for example, Christianity is generally focused towards charity and the like, so it could give more health bonuses.
Where a religion like Hellenism which had a multitude of gods for many different things, could have a gold penalty from giving to many gods but have a larger bonus to happiness
Those may not be the best suggestions but that is how I would make them unique, make them each focus in a different area to varying degrees.

I would say have them focus in diffrent areas
I don't know much about a lot of the religions, but for example, Christianity is generally focused towards charity and the like, so it could give more health bonuses.
Where a religion like Hellenism which had a multitude of gods for many different things, could have a gold penalty from giving to many gods but have a larger bonus to happiness
Those may not be the best suggestions but that is how I would make them unique, make them each focus in a different area to varying degrees.

All of them already do. Hellenism gives science boost, Druid and Shaman food, Scientology commerce for example. Others give war style bonuses.

... As to not finding the "temple of Toltoc" it may be my dyslexia or the fact that it has changed names at least twice over the versions of RoM ;)

I will change it but it means I need something else to make Jain balance with the other religions. Either that or turn all religions into boring same as each other which some people seem to want.:mischief: Any suggestions?
I guess it's the temple of the jaguar wonder, renamed as temple of toltoc.

Talking of suggestions i think the jain temple is the only one to give a + 10% :gold:.
Maybe adjust the stats to match with the other temples.

I guess it's the temple of the jaguar wonder, renamed as temple of toltoc.

Talking of suggestions i think the jain temple is the only one to give a + 10% :gold:.
Maybe adjust the stats to match with the other temples.

It is called a temple but is a cathedral level building So you want all religions the same. Why? Should I also remove the XP that the Asatru temple gives?

Perhaps I should make a mod of the religions so that they are all the same for people. At least it would stop all the complaints.:mischief:

I don't think he means that extreme of them all the same, I think he means in line with the other gold generating temples, but why not have some temples that do the same or smiler generation, but with different resources, such as espionage and Science?
Again I don't know much about the religions, but perhaps make the three that do the gold generation slightly diffrent, one could have a base gain of let's say 5 gold, and .25 per city with religion another could give 3 gold and .5 per a city with religion, and the last could be 0 base gold with 1 per city with religion. So the first would benefit small empires more the last would benefit large empires the most.

It is called a temple but is a cathedral level building So you want all religions the same. Why? Should I also remove the XP that the Asatru temple gives?

Perhaps I should make a mod of the religions so that they are all the same for people. At least it would stop all the complaints.:mischief:

Thanks for the info on the temple of jaguar.

No, i don't want all religions the same.
But 10 % is normally for the monastery buildings while temples give a 5 % boost on whatever.
I personally like the diversity of the religions but they should give their appropriate bonuses on en even level.

Thanks for the info on the temple of jaguar.

No, i don't want all religions the same.
But 10 % is normally for the monastery buildings while temples give a 5 % boost on whatever.
I personally like the diversity of the religions but they should give their appropriate bonuses on en even level.

It is either the Jain or Sikh religion that does not have a monastery at all. Mind you neither do any of the very early religions either.

Well, the example I raised it was a SHRINE level building called a cathedral. That's quite different because shrine-level stuff is meant to occur only in one city and so can be (should be, and indeed is) much more powerful.

Found a couple of bugs when playing today.

Olympic Games: I built this meaning free colosseum in each city. The problem is it requires a size 6 city but new cities I built still got a free colosseum. No big deal you might say, well colosseum's give -3 hammers so basically those new cities can't build anything, you have to purchase initial buildings to get the hammers going.

Burn Forest: In the automation tab where you can veto improvements that automated workers are able to do, burn forest was not listed. It only appeared suddenly once I reached the middle ages.

Another thing that erks me is the customizable city screen, which gives you details of your cities - In os79's unofficial patch for AND he made it so once you customize this it will still be there when you load for your next session. Its annoying when you load from a crash or whatever and you have to redo it coz it can take awhile.

Also- this isn't so much a problem more a request - Can trades be extended beyond 10 turn minimum? 10 turn trades can easily be exploited, such as selling iron to a rich civ every 10 turns and getting 1000 gold each time etc. 10 turns isn't long enough especially when playing on slower game speeds.

Flavian Amphiteatre provides a free colloseum in every city, not Olympic games.

But the - 3 :hammers: is hard for young cities, i agree.

Population size as a prereq, this is something any wonder providing a free building ignores.
Big Ben provides a free town clock in every city but it also needs a min population of size 6.
Maybe there's s way to allow free buildings only if the appropriate stats for the individual building are matched.

I had a rather odd glitch, a city of mine was attacked by an AI, but they didn't invade it to spite killing all the defenders, and the city went to population 0 (but this fixed itself in a few turns)

I had a rather odd glitch, a city of mine was attacked by an AI, but they didn't invade it to spite killing all the defenders, and the city went to population 0 (but this fixed itself in a few turns)

That's the kind of thing we need a save game of (max compat) from end-turn when the AI should have moved in...

New ships like Sloop of War or Carrack Merchant can be "loaded" into Adventurer and transported that way over land. :)
Though i like it as a feature.

Top Bottom