1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Non-Critical Gameplay Problems

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Thunderbrd, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Necratoid

Necratoid Chieftain

Flavian Amphiteatre and Olympic games are are economic doomsday weapons. Olympic games provides minor bonuses in exchange for making a city utterly useless for military production. Flavian Amphiteatre is a 'I win' button for every other Civ.

FA is made for when an empire is so big and sprawling that it needs to institute the dreaded 'Bread and Circuses' policy. In short, needing to build the FA means you have built so improbably many cities over what your economy can handle your empire is going to stagnate to death or collapse inot civil war endlessly.

In short, if your not a massively over expanded Spiritual Civ then never, Never, NEVER EVER build that thing. Historically building that thing means you fail at running a Civ Forever. Just ask the Romans.

2. Stormwind

Stormwind Chieftain

Is the blimp supposed to look like that, with all the pinkish ? Also it was set to border patrol but somehow ended up doing something like exploration :)

View attachment 311610

3. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Yep that's the blimp alright. My problem with the Blimp is that when I send it to attack a ship on a coastal tile I get no Combat Odds. Some times I get damage to the ship and lose the blimp, or damage the ship and the blimp survives. generally when it survives is because I've given it a "withdrawal promotion".

Along this line my early fighters can't seem to attack balloons? Shouldn't the fighter to fighter command work here?

JosEPh

4. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

Hope you don't mind me exhuming this thread. I feel it's good to have a thread like what is suggested by this thread's title. (I haven't read it to see what it actually became - I just wish to use it as its name implies to me).

AIs won't trade for some resources. If you've got spare Vines, and they've got 10 spare gold, why would they not trade? If they're building a Vine Gatherer or whatever and they'll have it next turn, fair enough. But this goes on all game. Also happens with Ivory, which you can't just pluck mid-game from a random improvement. I raised this before and I was assured it didn't happen, so I thought maybe it had gone away in more recent versions. It hasn't.

So certainly not critical, not even really 'immersion-breaking', but I would describe it as mystifying, and kind of a weak point.

5. 0100010

0100010 Chieftain

Very minor issue,
    Can the name of the Irrigation Tech be changed to "Irrigation Systems" in order to delink it from the "Irrigation" Game Concept in Civopedia?

6. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Provide a save game with instructions on which AI to try to trade with please.

7. Yudishtira

Thanks Koshling. Leonidas (of the Hittites) has a few gold. Try selling him Eggs, Scrolls and Shoes. He won't pay a cent.

To be fair to them (the AI civs), they do gift a lot of 'cheap' manufactured resources. Then again, I'd prefer to pay for most things and for a gift to be a bit of a big deal.

Also, some AIs pay for things that others simply don't under seemingly any circumstances.

Eggs is probably as good an example as any. There are many other trades in this save that the AIs don't consider.

8. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Why does no one report the lopsided trade demands from the AI to player? Fair trade should be the standard, Not bleed you dry demands.

When an AI wants a better tech than it's offering Plus a 3 gold to 1 research beaker ratio in Gold as well. That is over the top and Very annoying. Ex. they offer a 700 Beaker tech and want from you a 1100 beaker tech And 2100 to 2500 in Gold too.

Why would trades be set this way? It's been like this for 2 + versions because a player sqwuacked it was too easy to fleece the AI. Trades should be more balanced in equivocalness imho.

And we still have trades were the AI offers a item and what they want from you is a "nothing" a "blank space" on your side of the screen. (Display problem?) This has been reported before, but not sure if screen shot or save has been provided.

JosEPh

9. Yudishtira

Yes that is annoying. You so rarely get a civ willing to tech trade with you, and then when they do, they want all your techs for their one, or an extortionate amount of gold.

Unfortunately I think this is standard for BtS. I had peace-vassals in RFC at Pleased (on the easy setting - Viceroy), and I still was being ripped off in their tech trades.

About once every two eras (in C2C this is), someone gives you something at a discount or at least a reasonable price.

Still, I can't rule out it being something that I'm doing wrong...:sad: Of course, that just makes it more frustrating! :D

10. Flinx

Flinx Chieftain

The national achievements for heroes have been removed recently.

Is there any plan to reinclude them?

11. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

They have? That sucks.

12. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

They gave scaling (by percentage) nationwide bonuses to all sorts of things, which while quite awesome was probably OP.

13. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

They weren't THAT powerful - +10% science (say) does NOT give you 10% more science. It gives you another 10% if your BASE science output (before other modifiers). Since traits, civics, Wonders, and just plain buildings that you put in every city typically easily give a few hundred percent by later eras an extra 10% is only actually about 2-3% more total science output. Anyway, they were a nice flavor addition - if they need the benefits adjusting fine, but I don't think they should just be taken out.

14. Snofru1

Snofru1 Chieftain

I´d also vote for having them in again. Makes Cultures and Heroes much more interesting for me.

15. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Actually I'm confused - the latest XML still seems to have all the achievements in as buildable from the heroes. Were they not removed in eh first place after all? i.e. - is this all a rumor!?

16. Flinx

Flinx Chieftain

SO has removed the graphics for the achievements - thus they are not available in game.

17. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I just got a PM from Koshling saying this above, and its completely wrong guys, just because the building doesnt show up doesnt mean you can build it, infact it has been this way for almost a year now when Koshling changed over the OPTION to have only Wonders and Defensive buildings show up in the city.

They are now Art/Empty. Why have more to d/l if we are not using them. We went from 123,000KB to 88,000 KB.

The buttons have never changed, and in my game i jut played today i built the Military Achievement one, getting all the extra points.

18. Flinx

Flinx Chieftain

Please make sure you are playing the SVN version?
    I do have SVN 5361 and no achievements are available to build.

Please check again and simply put back the graphics / buttons you recently removed with your rebuild of the structure.fpk.

Thanks in advance

19. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

You got to remember now, NOT all Heroes have Achievement buildings. Only those that have the "Leader Promotion" and not those that have "Promotion Leader."
    I believe the way it is set-up is that Each civ has 2 heroes, (that i could find that is) ONE is a LP (w/buildings) and the other a PL (no buildings).
    So you might have gotten the OTHER "hero" that has NO building assigned to him/her, but the OTHER one for that civ "Should."

If not let me know, thx.

btw, ALL i use is the SVN.;)

20. Flinx

Flinx Chieftain

Thanks for the good information.
    i do play C2C since V6 and would call myself somewhat experienced in the mod.

I do also know that there are two types of heroes.
    Those who cannot build achievements are no problem.
    Those who should build them are.
    They simply cannot build it.

I had a quick glance at the art defines for the achievements and they should be located at
    the path Art/Interface/Buttons/Buildings/x_achievement.dds.

Sadly in the current SVN there is no buildings folder in the art and therefor also no appropriate achievement.dds button.

Care to explain this fact to me?