1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Non-Critical Gameplay Problems

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Thunderbrd, Oct 8, 2011.

1. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Glad to, thx for at least trying to look!!

PLEASE see attached, you must misspelled it or something cause they are all there, "PROOF is in the Pudding" as they say!!!:p:rolleyes:

btw thx for contributing to C2C :goodjob:

2. Flinx

Flinx Chieftain

-nvm-

3. Sebastian2203

Sebastian2203 Chieftain

Hello again

I will write non-critical bugs here , I already writed it on normal C2C thread but I think its better to put it here...

1. Hunting
    I have noticed that hunting is little bit messy and hard to predict , because food and hammers from killing animals are sometimes going just in half , sometimes nothing incomes. I was trying to find something about this , but I didnt find anything about this problem ( Or I searched wrong ) .
    For example : I keep my eye on how many turns until my city will grow , you kill cave bear , it shows up text "6 hammers and 10 food to city" but as I zoom in my city , I dont see any bonus or anything OR sometimes it reduces only 1 turn of production/growth .

Captive-Military
    Similiar problem as hunting , I free my Captive-military unit , it says I will get 100 food bonus , and I get only 10 ( Im pretty sure I read it correctly ) Its probably some interface bug , Im not sure if I did something wrong..

4. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

These don't sound like bugs. It sounds like you don't understand how food and hammers work. Builds require dozens and often hundreds of hammers - 6 of them usually won't make a difference in how long the build takes. Growth is similar. Mouseover the amount of food you have (ie. the number not the bar) and it will tell you how many (hundreds) more it will be before you get another population point.
    You can do the same for production.

To report a genuine bug, report the actual amount of food/hammers in the city before and after hunting or freeing captive. And make sure it is the right city. And keep a copy of the save - preferably before and after...

5. Sebastian2203

Sebastian2203 Chieftain

I think you might not understand , I know one hunt cant give you whole population point , but It should reduce turns until another citizien is born . And sometimes it works , when I hunt something , I grow 8 turns faster , and sometimes it doesnt work . But I will try to do what you said.

6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

It won't always reduce the turns to grow because, while it has added food, it hasn't added enough to equate to the amount of food that is normally generated within the span of a turn. If you have very little food coming in, say, one per round, from your city's efforts, you will see each pt of food brought in from a kill directly reduce the amount of rounds to the next population. But if you're bringing in 25 food per round and you add 2 food from a kill, that's a very small fraction of what one round's worth of food production amounts to so it MAY push you a round closer but then again, it very well may not. It WILL probably make a difference down the line as it did add food to your total earned food and at some point that probably will mean that it shaves off that last fraction needed to cut down a round, but it won't show right away very often and it would take a lot of number crunching to see when it did make a difference.

See, you have a set amount of food to earn to grow to the next population (it works the same with production so everything I'm saying for food qualifies under the same basic analysis there too). The original designers of CivIV were, however, kind enough to give us a display that breaks down the projected food income into a # of rounds to growth expression, as that's a lot more useful than saying you have 300 food to earn to the next level, then saying, you're earning 14 food every round. How many rounds is that you would then wonder and they were kind enough to not say - "Go figure it out."

So if you're earning 14 food a round, you've got 300 food to earn to get to the next population point, you're in your first round earning towards that goal, and you just made a kill that brings in an extra 4 this round, it doesn't mean you get an extra 4 EVERY round, just a one shot bonus. So that means you've now got 18 food at the end of the round earned towards your 300 goal point. That very well may or may not (without doing the math) mean you'd see a reduction in the number of rounds to the next Pop.

Make sense?

7. Stormwind

Stormwind Chieftain

2 things that struck me as a little bit odd:

1) One of my cities, founded by me with 100% my own culture was suddenly asking to join another civ (no splinter group of my empire) on the nearby isle (well continent). What would cause this?

2) I was at war with another civ when the "With-whose-plans-should-we-interfere-now"-vote screen of the Vienna Congress was offering the chance to end the war with me. The result was that I'm now in a peace-treaty with every other nation for 56 turns(Snail). I think this type of enforced peace should only apply to Civs that I am actually at war with at that time.

8. Sebastian2203

Sebastian2203 Chieftain

Of course I know its one shot bonus , but I didnt understanded why it sometimes didnt reduced turns . But now I understand thank you !

9. stoferb

stoferb Chieftain

I have a couple of non-game breaking or trivial "bugs" (SVN29). First of all the slave market does absolutely nothing but piss people off as far as I can tell, it doesn't allow more slaves, make slaves more productive or in fact anything at all as one think it should. As it is now it's just a building to avoid in the queue.

And what is the deal with the promotions for guards that are supposed to make them better at fighting crime? Only sometimes does it seem to make a difference at all, and when does it gets weird. Instead of fighting crime -10 for the second promotion it now supposedly fights crime on city plot -5 twice. Thats what hoovering over the unit says, if it shows any difference at all. In fact no matter how much you upgrade on the crime fighting line the only benefit is 10% less likely to revolt (which as far as I can tell doesn't get improved with further promotions either), it doesn't reduce more crime and the whole promotion line seems to be useless.

Wanderers can't sometimes build simple improvements like mushroom gatherer. Great farmers are often clueless, always on the first turn which I expect is because the game hasn't calculated for them yet what they can do, but sometimes later aswell. It's no big deal, you just wait one more turn and they will be useful but still it gives a somewhat buggy impression.

Map scripts need a lookover aswell. In my current game with the standard map script there was no salt to be found in the entire world! On a big map mind you. That was just ridiculous so I basically gave every civ a plot of salt they could improve in the worldbuilder. Also I've noticed the only kind of grain in the entire world is corn. There should be some kind of forcing atleast one occurence of all the basic resources in the world.

10. Taxman66

Taxman66 Chieftain

Slave markets provide more commerce when a captured slave is sold there. I do think this needs to be explained better in the various texts.

11. stoferb

stoferb Chieftain

Ok, that explains slave markets. Does it also mean that if you use a captive to hurry production you get more hammers?

12. Taxman66

Taxman66 Chieftain

My guess is no. I suggest experimenting. The thing about the slave markets is that you have to move the captured slave to the city with the market to gain the extra benefit. In version 30 I think (I'm just a player who pays attention to the thread) there are other changes (positive & negative) associated with slavery & slave markets.

13. darkedone02

darkedone02 The Suggestor

recently my workers just built a farm or something similar on my two pumpkin resources, and it turned into a big purple flat, possibly a corrupted graphic or something.

download to save:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?oa1rudven61nq2a

picture:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=145003062
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=145003045

Also I don't know if this is a bug or not, but city defenders/guards/etc, the people that have that policing promotional skill/trait, continue to say "-5 crime in city, -2 crime in plot" on each and every upgrade, i've hightlighted my guard, and it say "-10 crime in city, -5 Crime in plot", how come the police trait didn't stack with each other currently to a total estimate and reveal the total value of the "-(num) in city, -(num) in plot"? If your confuse, use my save and select a guard on each and every city and look what i'm talking about.

14. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Chieftain

I am waiting for a low texture graphic for those (pumpkin, squash and melons). @Hydro I think there is a wrong referance in the nif but I don't know how to fix it. Do you?

15. stoferb

stoferb Chieftain

I've checked the guard promotion line more carefully and I was wrong, it does indeed reduce crime more if you promote down the line, it just takes another turn for the calculations to be made. Presumably it also makes revolts less likely aswell. It still doesn't show a difference when you hoover over the unit though, it would be nice if it actually showed that it reduce crime by 20 in city plot and 30% less risk of revolt.

16. smurf4xp

smurf4xp Chieftain

I experienced something odd with realistic culture expansion.

If you capture a city, the realistic culture expansion rule doesn't apply anymore. It expands as the normal rule.

17. smurf4xp

smurf4xp Chieftain

rectification, if the captured city was on the 3rd level of culture, the culture would follow the standard rule of expansion for 3 level then the rule of realistic culture expansion would apply again.

I don't know if it was meant to be that way.

18. martinuzz

martinuzz Chieftain

I notice a duplication error:

The Guide unit shows up twice in my cities' build list.
    I think before that, the Scout unit had the same issue.

19. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I'm working on finding the problem here. This report double confirms my suspicions about the cause. So it should be found as soon as I have some time to really take a look.

20. martinuzz

martinuzz Chieftain

I've started a new game to see if the error was caused by updating from an old version to v30. I'll let you know once I can build a Guide, if there's still a duplication error.