[GS] Non-moving units don't consumes oil

Laucer7

Chieftain
Can anyone create a mod, where non-moving units don't consumes oil and other strategic resources. It's logical that you should spend money for tank, if it is in the garage, but not petrol. It's hard to have big army in atomic era, especially when you don't have oil on your territory.

That is actually a great idea for a mod, and why in heck did they NOT think of this designing the game? Tiny details like this can make or break a game, it seems they would learn this over the years. :lol:

This is a great idea for a mod but I imagine it is quite difficult to implement. The only thing I can think of is building a "dormant" unit that has no movement points and doesn't consume resources and then being able to do a free upgrade to a regular unit. The problem would be going back to dormant.

Last edited:
@dunkleosteus, but of course. If you are using it 1:1, I would suggest a reference over copying the code, though, as that way you won't have to upkeep with the bugs that arise, and need to be handled through updates. For example, and somewhat to my ire, the CO2 levels are incredibly difficult to reverse via lua.
If it isn't needed 1:1, be my guest.

That is correct, @Laucer7. It is proving much more complex to find a nice solution, but I will keep looking. I've found some ugly ways to get it done, but I would prefer something a bit more elegant, if I could.
Also, it may interest you that I made an tie-in mod to your initial request based on the feedback from the Steam Comments.. It may or may not be useful to you, depending on your preferences: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1710037352

My goal right now is to see if I can make a Bridge District for https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/bridge-district.643096/ and then circle back to the CO2 issue.

@dunkleosteus, I changed a lot of the code to compensate for the add-on I did for it. If you need the base code, or help understanding the changes, let me know.

Last edited:
Well, I can share my view on CO2 system. Maybe you will find something you like.
  1. Non-moving units polutes less.
  2. Wounded units provides more polution.
  3. If you will destroy naval unit, it will cause polution.
  4. If the unit is located in encampment or fort it will cause less polution.

Top Bottom