Calanthian
Count
Echtelion
Hercules
ReallyEvilMuff
Ricketyclik
Zacar
Zoot Horn Rollo

Everyone currently signed up in pbemtracker, but only one tribe/leader choice received so far.

New game:

Initially only for veterans of either Octafish or Angular Momentum.
Anyone else can request a waitlist...

Inviting
- Chasbolt
- Count
- Echtelion
- Hercules
- Kiwitt
- Ricketyclik

to apply

I'll sign up for the waiting list. I'm reliable (honest) and will even take a game over where I'm in last and play it out to the end - see civ fix ;)

I'm interested, as I have only one PBEM game going on for now. Slightly depending on settings though (I would prefer a map script map).

What settings do people want ?

I have a fetish for huge, which should not be an issue for reliable players.

How many players ? how many ai ? what else ?

I would suggest a game with settings similar to Octafish. Maybe with advanced start option.

These were the settings in Octafish:

Monarch
Big & Small
Huge
Temperate
Low Sea
Ancient
Normal
Advanced Start 440 gold points
Aggressive AI
Unrestricted Leaders

No Tech Trading/Brokering
No Diplo Victory

I have pinged Zacar for his email address, as I do not have it.
I have emailed Kiwitt, who probably had not seen the posting.

Potentially we have 7-9 humans, which I suggest would mean 11-9 ai.

I am assuming a few newcomers will spice up the mix, but given the way the game was first proposed I'll give the Octafish/Angular Momentum veterans a collective (not individual) veto over that.
If we stick to the originals, then we have potentially 5-6 humans, so 13-12 ai.

Unless you all hate ai, of course...

Let me know what you want.

I personally don't like map scripts, firstly on principle, secondly I wouldn't know how to use one.
(I understand the second point could be overcome by education)

Hopefully I can join! One thing you haven't mentioned is how civs are chosen? And the deal with barbs/huts/events? Also a better option than no diplo victory might be to enable it but just not allow us to vote for it - that way you keep the AP for cheeky bonus hammers and the added interesting game mechanics the votes can bring. Also given the size I would suggest adding a little more to the starting gold myself.

I'm fine with whatever, preference for rocky over temperate as you get less jungles and more useable land. Would prefer no AI, and perhaps something more like tectonics re map choice? Happy to go with a majority.

I personally don't like map scripts, firstly on principle, secondly I wouldn't know how to use one.
(I understand the second point could be overcome by education)

"Big & Small" is an example of a map script I believe. My comment was about pre-made maps vs random (map script) maps, where I prefer random. In single player I like "planet generator" map script, but here I will obviously go with the mythical majority.

The main question is what kind of world we want it to be. Should all players be able to meet each other before Astronomy? Should we allow a map script that may leave someone isolated until Astronomy? Should navy matter much? Comfortable or low-value terrain? Or simply unpredictable, so that no one knows for certain?

Of the other settings, I'm not very familiar with events, so my vote is for no events. I would be slightly against unrestricted leaders, as I assume the average balance to be more fair that way (though things like the map script result have much more weight on that). I agree with REM on the diplomatic victory point.

Would be interesting to pick a leader, but will go either way. Random makes organizing a bit simpler (in case multiple players cannot make the same choice).

What about house rules? I would support banning "influence civic/religion" missions if there is interest in that.

That's about all I can think now.

The main question is what kind of world we want it to be. Should all players be able to meet each other before Astronomy? Yes

Should navy matter much? Yes
Terrain simply unpredictable, so that no one knows for certain? Yes

Of the other settings, I'm not very familiar with events, so my vote is for no events. Agree

I agree with REM on the diplomatic victory point.

Would be interesting to pick a leader, but will go either way. Random makes organizing a bit simpler (in case multiple players cannot make the same choice).

What about house rules? I would support banning "influence civic/religion" missions if there is interest in that. Agree

My choices

OK. Obviously what I understood by map scripts is not what others understand.

While waiting for everyone else's opinions....

Not quite clear on how we reconcile 'everyone can meet before astronomy' with 'navy should matter'. To me the two sound opposite goals, although something like big and small with islands mixed in and low seas would probably make the meeting up easier.

Top Bottom