Newyn
Legato Endless
Riedquat
MartinLuther

Reserves

remake20
johnhughthom

Game Features

• The newest installment in the None Shall Pass saga.

• Your favorite characters from Lord of the Rings and Star Wars facing off against each other.

• There are 36 designed roles, but the design can be reconfigured to accommodate a smaller number of players.

• The setup of None Shall Pass 3 is similar to the original None Shall Pass, but more refined and with enough changes to make it fresh and exciting (and other buzzwords).

• The "split town" concept taken to the extreme.

• There is a recruitment mechanic, but it's more limited than in None Shall Pass.

• Four main factions dueling it out against each other in a bloody free-for-all. The Star Wars Town, Lord of the Rings Town, Star Wars Mafia, and Lord of the Rings Mafia all need to eliminate the other three teams in order to ensure victory.

• Those may or may not be the only teams. That said, there are no secret characters from universes other than Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.

• The bad guys could be anyone. The good guys could be anyone. Alignment in Star Wars or LOTR canon is not indicative of alignment in None Shall Pass 3.

• Everyone has a unique role and at least one ability. This does not mean that everyone has a powerful and "exciting" ability.

• Investigations are not 100% effective. They are useful, but not infallible and potentially misleading.

• Unlimited private communication.

• Upon a player's death, their alignment and role name will be (truthfully) revealed.

• As always - twists, turns, humor.

Story

None Shall Pass

Spoiler :
Large mafia game hosted by Zack in Fall 2013. Four main teams dueling it out against each other in a bloody free-for-all. The Star Wars Town, Lord of the Rings Town, Star Wars Cult, and Lord of the Rings Cult all need to eliminate all three other teams in order to ensure victory. There was also a serial killer from neither universe. The Lord of the Rings Town won the game. If you're curious about the "story", I recommend you read through the updates, but the gist of it is that Star Wars characters and Lord of the Rings characters waged war.

None Shall Pass 2

Spoiler :
It's the direct sequel to None Shall Pass. Several years have passed since the First Intergalactic Battle for Middle-Earth, and an uneasy truce has developed into a friendly peace. An ancient evil - Morgoth - has returned and is intent on killing everyone, but Morgoth and his minions are quickly defeated. The Empire is also defeated rapidly. The Jedi Order is lost in its own ambition. Vengeance - Luke Skywalker and Jango Fett, both overflowing with hate of LOTR after the results of the first game - kills off the LOTR characters and establishes a new kingdom in Middle-Earth. For more info, read through the updates.

Here it began with the collapse of a doomed Empire, moved through the rise, corruption, and fall of a power-hungry Jedi Order, and ended in the tragedy of Aragorn, as the hapless town turned on its one true hero, allowing Jango to complete his genocide against the natives and wind up undisputed master of Middle Earth.

None Shall Pass 3

Spoiler :
Several more years have gone by since None Shall Pass 2.

King Jango rules from his throne in Minas Tirith, and his hatred of all things LOTR is as strong as ever. After Jango's rise to power, Elrond and any other surviving LOTR characters fled the new Fett Kingdom's expanding borders to an unknown location, where they spent the years regrouping for the inevitable rebellion.

A recent mass wave of unexplained resurrections have thrown politics out the window. Once again, tensions threaten to erupt into a free-for-all in a way that makes little sense.

War is on the horizon.

Game Rules:

These will be posted again in the game thread. If you only intend to read these rules once, I strongly recommend waiting until the game starts so the rules are fresh in your mind. Before you say or do anything whose legality varies from game to game, please check here to make sure it's allowed.

Spoiler :
Game Setup:

Spoiler :
The following factions are present in the game:

Star Wars Mafia:

Spoiler :
The Star Wars Mafia starts with an unknown number of players. They have limited recruitment opportunities, but they function more as a recruiting mafia than a true cult.

Enemies of the Star Wars Mafia include, but are not limited to: Lord of the Rings Mafia, Star Wars Town, Lord of the Rings Town

Lord of the Rings Mafia:

Spoiler :
The Lord of the Rings Mafia starts with an unknown number of players. They have limited recruitment opportunities, but they function more as a recruiting mafia than a true cult.

Enemies of the Lord of the Rings Mafia include, but aren't limited to: Star Wars Mafia, Star Wars Town, Lord of the Rings Town

Star Wars Town:

Spoiler :
The Star Wars Town starts with an unknown number of players. An unknown number of players are recruitable.

Enemies of the Star Wars Town include, but are not limited to: Lord of the Rings Mafia, Star Wars Mafia, Lord of the Rings Town

Lord of the Rings Town:

Spoiler :
The Lord of the Rings Town starts with an unknown number of players. An unknown number of players are recruitable.

Enemies of the Lord of the Rings Town include, but are not limited to: Lord of the Rings Mafia, Star Wars Mafia, Star Wars Town

Other:

Spoiler :
There may be other factions in this game. If so, their goals, enemies, and members are unknown. They may be neutral, hostile, pro-mafia, anti-mafia, or something else entirely.

They might not even exist.

Generally speaking, the game ends when there are no living players whose victory conditions depend on eliminating other living players.

If the game comes to a situation with only two factions left, there may be a showdown similar to the final battle between the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings Towns in None Shall Pass.

Game Phases and Gameplay:

Spoiler :
Before play begins, roles will be randomly assigned to all players. Then, each player will receive a Role PM detailing the specifics of their role. This will tell you everything you need to know about your character: your victory conditions, abilities, background information, and so on. There is no generic townie role - every player has a unique character and at least one ability.

A sample town Role PM is posted below:

Spoiler :
Character Name

pretty picture of your character

Lord of the Stars Town

You are character (with link to character's wiki page), brief summary from wiki page.

In None Shall Pass, you were role and died at this time. Your faction ended up winning/losing the game.

In None Shall Pass 2, you were role and died at this time. Your faction ended up winning/losing the game.

You have been resurrected, and now fight for the Lord of the Stars Town.

Night Actions:

1. You may use one active ability, if you have any.

2. If you have any passive abilities, they will be used automatically.

Active Abilities:

Spoiler :
(none)

Passive Abilities:

Spoiler :
(none)

VICTORY CONDITIONS

Spoiler :
TOTAL VICTORY

All enemies of the Lord of the Stars Town are eliminated. You and at least three other members of the Lord of the Stars Town survive to the end of the game.

MAJOR VICTORY

All enemies of the Lord of the Stars Town are eliminated. You survive to the end of the game.

VICTORY

All enemies of the Lord of the Stars Town are eliminated. At least three members of the Lord of the Stars Town survive to the end of the game.

CLOSE VICTORY

All enemies of the Lord of the Stars Town are eliminated. Two or less members of the Lord of the Stars Town survive to the end of the game.

CLOSE DEFEAT

You survive to the end of the game, but the Lord of the Stars Town is eliminated.

DEFEAT

The Lord of the Stars Town is eliminated.

MAJOR DEFEAT

The Lord of the Stars Town is the first team eliminated.

TOTAL DEFEAT

The Lord of the Stars Town is the first team eliminated by a wide margin.
Phase Rotation: For the most part, the usual sequence of 48-hour days and 24-hour nights will be followed. Phases will end at a pre-determined time, and a timer will be provided which counts down to the exact deadline, after which no more votes/actions will be accepted. It may take some time for me to compile everything and write the update.

I reserve the right to extend the deadline of a phase for any reason. However, I will never shorten the deadline.

Day Phase: Each day, every player is expected to vote for a suspect from among the list of players. Each player can cast one vote (see "Voting" section below for more details). At the end of the Day, the votes are tallied and the player receiving the most votes is killed. The game then proceeds to the night phase.

Certain traits or roles may allow for a specific daytime action. Any such abilities will be explained accordingly in the individual's Role PM.

Night Phase: Some players have night actions they can perform some or every night. These players are expected to send a PM to me (Zack) detailing which action(s) they wish to take. Failure to do so will result in your character performing no action. I would appreciate it if you title your PM "Night x orders" and quote the ability/abilities you are using in your orders (or at the very least name them). I will also take orders from host-created QuickTopics, but please bold your orders using <b></b> tags.

I will compile these actions and write the Night update (note: unlike previous NSP games, None Shall Pass 3 only depicts successful nightkills in these updates), then send individual night results to players.

If a player dies during any phase, their role name and faction will be revealed immediately and truthfully thereafter.

Posting is allowed during all phases, both day and night.

Communication:

Spoiler :
Private Communication: You are allowed to communicate privately with other living players. Feel free to send PMs, IMs, create your own QuickTopics, whatever. Please send any QuickTopic links to me (although if I did not create the QuickTopic, I will not accept orders from it and will probably not post in it).

Quoting other players: You are allowed to quote private communications you have with other players. These are easily falsified, and it's tedious to paraphrase private conversations. There are a few caveats.

- You cannot post screenshots (real or fake) of any private communications, for any reason.
- You cannot refer to time stamps (real or fake) of messages in any way, explicitly or implicitly, for any reason.
- You cannot post QuickTopic links (real or fake) in the public thread, for any reason. Please do not try to get around this by PMing the link to every living player in the game.
- You cannot share any QuickTopics (real or fake) that I create, publicly or privately.

Spoiler :
This is okay:

"Zack sent me a weird PM in which he professed his love for me."

This is also okay:

"This is what that schmuck Zack sent me. What an idiot."

Zack said:
Greetings,

I scanned you as town last night. Will you marry me?

This is NOT okay:

"Zack's been acting really weird. See for yourself:"

This is also NOT okay:

At 12:25 PM on October 14, Zack told me I have a big, hot butt.

Quoting the host: Don't do it. Specifically:

- Do not quote or pretend to quote any part of your Role PM or any other PM I send you, in public or in private.
- Do not use the specific name of your ability unless it's generic like "doctor" or "bulletproof" (if you can't find it on this page, don't say it).
- Do not share, reference, or allude to any pictures associated with your character or your abilities.

You are allowed to say what role you are and what powers/abilities/whatever you have, but directly quoting anything I say to you in private, including your Role PM, is strictly forbidden. This also applies to false information (e.g. do not tell people your ability has a picture of Donald Trump picking his nose, even if it's not true).

Do not try to circumvent these restrictions. Do not discuss the formatting of the Role PM, do not discuss when the Role PM was sent, do not post screenshots of it, and so on. Don't try to loophole your way out of this.

Spoiler :
This is okay:

"I am Obi-Wan Kenobi, and each night I can eat spaghetti."

This is NOT okay:

"This is my ability, quoted from my Role PM:"

Ability: Lose Yourself. Palms sweaty? Knees weak? Arms heavy? Each night you can have some of my mom's spaghetti.

This is also NOT okay:

"I have an ability called "Lose Yourself", with a picture of Eminem eating pasta.

Dead Players: If you're dead, the only place you may discuss this game with others is in the Dead QuickTopic. Do not post in the game thread, do not privately communicate with other players, do not post in any QuickTopics (other than the Dead QT).

Post Editing: Do not edit your posts, especially if it contains a vote. Make a new post if you must. Take time to check grammar before you post. Editing a post with a vote in it renders that vote invalid.

Voting:

Spoiler :
Participation: Voting during the Day Phase is mandatory. If you consistently fail to vote, I may replace or modkill you, even if you are active at night. You must participate in the public thread and vote.

Procedure: You cannot Abstain or vote for No Lynch. This is war, you must vote to lynch someone.

To be counted, a vote must be posted in bold typeface and have a "Vote:" tag prefacing the name of the player you're voting for. Vote: Zack is the correct form, Zack is not and won't be counted.

If you desire to change your vote, simply vote for another player or choice. Striking out or unvoting the name of the player you were previously voting is unnecessary and discouraged. Do not edit your old votes for any reason, even if you make a new vote.

Other:

- If you abbreviate the name of the person for whom you are voting, please do so in a clear and consistent fashion. If I can't figure it out, I will not count it.
- If you are going to post a vote tally, please take care to make it accurate. That said, I will be making my own tallies and will not use player-made tallies as a reference.
- If you edit your post, which you shouldn't do, any vote contained therein will not be counted.

Behavior:

Spoiler :
This is a game which can involve lying, bluffing, and backstabbing. It's not personal, it's just business.

Even so, please follow the game rules, and obey all forum rules.

Should something frustrating happen, please do not verbally attack a fellow player or the game host or anyone else. You are allowed to criticize ideas and suggestions, but do not call people dumb.

Spoiler :
This is okay:

I think that's a bad idea. We shouldn't do that at all. In fact, I think you suggested it because you're guilty.

Notice how we're saying the idea is bad, advising against it, and even suggesting the player could be trying to destroy our team. However, we are not attacking that player.

This is NOT okay:

What are you, stupid? Are you even literate?

This is not okay. This is attacking a player. It's a friendly game, not a middle school cafeteria; don't do this. I will not tolerate such petty name-calling, and neither will BSmith1068, the friendly neighborhood moderator.

Sign-ups are now open! Post in this thread to indicate your interest as a player or reserve. :goodjob:

First to come in, last to go out.

What do you mean, investigations are not infallible?

I was in the other two, so if you're hosting it here, I could hardly say 'no', could I?

I told myself that I'd stop signing up for new mafia games as the Uni quarter approaches. I told myself that I need time to work, study, etc.

But its an addiction really. A Zack game is something I can't refuse.

Minas Tirith.

I have to be in

Top Bottom