noob cannot use supplies...

bonega

Chieftain
Hi.

First time playing FfH. Using Grigori (following the manual)
I found supplies and moved them to my city.
In this city I am building palisades, from what I can see in the manual I should be able to hurry the construction of it.
But the "construct palisades" button is grayed out. Why?
I also tried to change the build order to something else, but with the same results.

Thanks

Hi.

First time playing FfH. Using Grigori (following the manual)
I found supplies and moved them to my city.
In this city I am building palisades, from what I can see in the manual I should be able to hurry the construction of it.
But the "construct palisades" button is grayed out. Why?
I also tried to change the build order to something else, but with the same results.

Thanks

You have to select your supplies unit, once it's in your city, and there should be an option (like a spell) called "constrruct palisade".

Supplies aren't a "hurry construction" sort of resource. They completely build something on their own, but they don't help build something.

You don't have the option to build your Palisades from the supplies because you already have the Palisades started from your city's construction of it. The game isn't going to let you waste the :hammers: that you've already spent towards your Palisades by getting the improvement from your supplies. (Unless maybe you stop your city's production of the Palisades... then the supplies will probably give you that option.)

However, if I can make a recommendation: Palisades are probably the cheapest of the things that can be built from supplies. I recommend building them traditionally, and saving the supplies for something more expensive to make, such as a temple, a library, or hunting lodge.

Andostre explained it perfectly. So if you want to build them palisades with the supply, but have them already started to build in your city, you would have simply to cancel the building order, start building sth new and then use the supply in the city to build the palisades. Afaik supplies can also be used for hunting lodge, all kind of temples, libraries, aqueduct, training yard etc. so maybe you use them really for sth more expensive than palisades, as Andostre said.

Greez,

Tschuggi

Hi and thanks for all the answers.

Unfortunately they wouldn't work for me.
It might had something to do with me not using the O-patch.

What I tried:
Selecting supplies with palisades on build in city -> Greyed out "Construct Palisades"
Same result with something else as build target.

Since I installed the new patch I cannot load my save to test again, but eventually I will get a new chance.

Does the Amurite world spell block supplies from constructing their buildings?

No. The Supplies unit does not use the spell system at all. The ability to sacrifice a unit to construct a building in your own city is part of vanilla civ. The reason this mechanism is not used by priests is because Kael wanted them to spread their religion at the same time and to allow them to use the spell to spread the religion in foreign cities.

If you open the city window then in the bottom left is the production queue. Once a city has started building an item, it remains in the queue until it is built, removed, or no longer a valid item. This way if you decide to switch production to something else, the previous work is saved and the production is not lost. To remove an item from the queue (and all of its progress) simply left click it. If it's the only item there, you need to select something else to build before it can be removed. This issue might also come up when you are building a wonder. Since there can only be one wonder, only one city can be building it. If you change your mind and want to build it in another city, it will be grayed out there until it is removed from the other city's queue.

To remove an item from the queue (and all of its progress) simply left click it.

The progress is not lost when you remove the item from a build queue, although after a while it starts to decay if you don't resume it.

I realize this is a major necro post, but the game is still being played, and the topic is still valid. I've played for years and never understood why I couldn't build anything with supplies most of the time. Once in a while I'd be able to. I had no idea I had to remove the building from the build queue to build with supplies, as well as, apparently, not use them to build something that had already been started. So if anyone else finds this thread, that's the answer...

Top Bottom