1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Noob fails at installing mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by djdazi180, Feb 16, 2018.

1. djdazi180

djdazi180 Chieftain

Hello guys,

I'm trying and trying and trying to get more than 18 civs (52 in particular).
    I now found this mod https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/bts-basic-77-civs.22224/
    and I'm failing to install it correctly. It has no real readme, instruction or whatever and would really appreciate it if someone'll help me out on this. If I play a mapscript I just copy it to PublicMaps.A big mod? Fine. I'll copy it to MODS. But with this one I'm helpless. Help is much appreciated. Thanks.

2. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Not using any mods outside the 'common' stuff like BUG, but this one appears to just be a modified .dll file. Back up the default dll you have there, and place the mod dll in:
    INSTALL FOLDER/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Assets (or something to that effect).

3. djdazi180

djdazi180 Chieftain

Still doesn't work. BtS just doesn't load at all. There's also a CvDefines file in the mod. I tried copying that into the CvGameCoreDLL folder but nothing changed.

4. djdazi180

djdazi180 Chieftain

Just to let you now. I found out that I had 3.17 installed on this computer....lol. Problem solved.

5. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Hehe, that would cause some issues yes ;)

Glad you got it working in the end.