Noob in need of help

Thomas Redbeard

Chieftain
Hi guys,

Right, to set the scene. I am a noob, I dont know any technical terms for computers, files, abbreviations, pc slang etc, and i've never posted on a forum before.

So basically, i've just installed Civ 4 on my laptop, i used to play it years ago but have only just found it again. I went on Rhys and fall, and its all as it should be, the only thing is, civ names dont change anymore when their civics or religion change. The city names do change, but a civs actual name does not. For example, I remember seeing the Islamic Malinese Empire, or the Dominion of mexico, now, no matter what their religion, civics or vassal status, all civs are just called 'so and so' Empire. The game runs fine, and its purely aesthetics, but it really bugs me that its not right. How do I sort it out? Literally any help is appreciated guys
Be gentle

If you haven't downloaded the mod, you're still running an old version of the mod. Civs have long names but they are displayed only when you're speaking with the leader of that civ, if I'm not mistaken.

No i havent downloaded it, it was just in scenarios when i installed it. Do i need to download an update or soemthing? And yeah, when Im speaking to them their name is at the top of the chat, above their little video thing, but it is always still so and so empire

Ok thanks, how do I go about downloading the latest version? Where from, and once downloaded, what do I do then?

Moderator Action: Welcome to CivFanatics. Moved this thread to the main Rhye's and Fall of Civilization forum.

Can anyone help? I dont know how to extract or anything like that, literally need a dumbies guide on how to get civ names to change based on civics

Download it.
Then go into your Civ4-folder, open Beyond The Sword, open Mods (C:\where you installed it\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods).
Rename the folder "Rhye's and Fall of Civilization" into "Rhye's and Fall of Civilization 1.181" or delete it.
Unzip your download into the "Mods" folder.
That's it!

Edit: Oh, and welcome to the forum! :wavey:

can you explain that in the most simple of terms? as in, download it from where? whats unzip? literally, i have no idea so instruct me like a child haha

On the contrary I, Noob, do not need help.

Haha, otherwise to unzip something you can use programs like WinRAR or 7zip (I use WinRAR). Download WinRAR, and go to where Rhye's and Fall of Civilization is (presumably in Downloads) in WinRAR, click unzip, and direct it to where El Bogus said.

Top Bottom