Noob looking for noob gaming buddies

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by Tyrghen, May 7, 2008.

1. Tyrghen

Tyrghen Warlord

Hello,

I'm pretty new to these boards, I mostly read the strategy guides and all, though I've been following this site since Civ2 and like it a lot.

Since I'm pretty addicted to multi-player gaming experience, I wanted to try out the PBEM with some other newish players (I started Civ4 not long ago). My hectic schedules and online activities kinda prevent other types of MP.

So I'm looking to start a team game with one or two players to see a bit how it goes. So if you haven't done PBEMs and want to discover them, let's discover it together :)

I can play on a daily basis, so I should be able to do between 7 and 12 turns per weeks (vacations excluded)
    I have msn, icq, aim if you want to contact me. And I read my e-mails all day and evening long.
    You can of course PM me here aswell.

I was thinking of a deity game with raging barbarians, maps and number of enemy civs to be determined. Human players being in the same team.
    Regular game (though I have BtS and Warlord)

On a side note, I hope I didn't break any forum rules :p

2. Tyrghen

Tyrghen Warlord

Just wanted to add... I might make a Pitboss server if people show more interest for that :)
    I have a computer to run it and I don't use my connection as much as I used to anyway ;)

Just trying to find out if the problems of lost bandwidth are solved. (when someone disconnects improperly)

3. XdeadeyeX

XdeadeyeX Chieftain

alright, I don't quite know what im supposed to do since i've never done one of these but my email is deadeye435@yahoo.com let me know the settings and lets see if we can get another new player or 2 in here.

4. Tyrghen

Tyrghen Warlord

I'll send you a message now, we'll discuss what type of game you'd like ;)

5. Shifty189

Shifty189 Chieftain

i'll be happy to join you guys. but this won't be my first PBEM game, it will be my second. (my first being a game i'm playing now i'm on the 3rd move :) ) normaly people say some things about game setting when trying to set up a new game. speed, age, things like that. are we doing random leaders?

p.s. i'll send my email address in a PM

6. Tyrghen

Tyrghen Warlord

Hello mate, yes, indeed, I've seen that in other threads. Though I'm totally open on this one, I'll send you a proposal through mail and we'll discuss it.

7. Tyrghen

Tyrghen Warlord

I was thinking of moving to a Pitboss game, didn't realised what it is and now have a server set up and it's really nice :)

Way easier than having to mail the latest version to the next player.

Which version of Civ are you using? Myself I got the 1.7.4 (from what the file says)

8. XdeadeyeX

XdeadeyeX Chieftain

Do you guys know anyone else new who would doa pitboss game? I've sent out pm's to everyone i know thats new and am currently waiting for responses.

9. Tyrghen

Tyrghen Warlord

I joined like 3 days ago, still need to learn a bit about the forum and the people here :)

10. bsecem

bsecem Chieftain

I would love to learn and play with you guys. been playing civ on and off all my life! not very good tho...

let me know if you guys have an extra spot

11. Tyrghen

Tyrghen Warlord

Hello mate, we might start a new game, I'll PM you.

12. Giraflorens

Giraflorens Warlord

Hi, i'd like playing a PBEM too. I'm playing one already and I can handle one more.

I prefer a BTS game at prince/monarch level. I think that 4 to 6 players is ideal for not waiting too much for emails.

I wait for your answers.

13. Tyrghen

Tyrghen Warlord

Hello, currently I'm a bit overworked, so I have to slow down on my online/gaming activities. But I'll let you know if that changes.
    Though I opted for Pitboss games now as it is the easier to handle/setup as people just need to connect and if they don't, the turns keep ticking for the others.
    It has some drawbacks though, but nothing's perfect :)

14. loveisdea

loveisdea Chieftain

i didnt really read your post that thoroughly but im am new to civ 4 though have played many a game of tot and civ 3, to be fair i would consider myself one of the strongest civ2tot time players ever...but this is civ4 there are so many things I dont understand and has been over a year since i have played any civ, i dont understand the city window and the science thingie but nonetheless would love to play asap my email is loveisdead@rocketmail.com
    h

15. Sarge85

Sarge85 Multiplayer Noob

Noob II

I haven't ever played a PBEM game and I'm definitely up for the challenge.

mandtanderson AT yahoo.com

16. May Day 10

May Day 10 Prince

Id be down. But Diety is out of my league.

17. whitewolf199

whitewolf199 Chieftain

I'd be interested in a vanilla pbem game, but i also am not sure about playing on deity... also I'd like to do first game where human players team against the AI.

If you have room for another player, email me: dconk199@yahoo.com

18. Elros

Elros Paranoid Android

I'd be up for one. It'd be my first multiplayer game, although I've been playing against the AI for a while now. I'll send my email in a PM

19. snowgod

snowgod Warlord

sarge, may day, white wolf and elros
    I've had great success so far with my first pbem game so I'm going to start another
    vanilla or warlords only( no BTS yet)
    It'll be 2 or 3 games simultaneously, 5 human / 5 AI
    Probably Noble level, all other options to be discussed once roster is full
    I'll PM each to see if you're interested
    Snowgod

20. whitewolf199

whitewolf199 Chieftain

If you responded to my post, thanks!!! be advised, I am trying to get into a game with Snowgod. Join us, it should be fun!
    :D