Noob medic question

dennisg

Warlord
Sorry in advance if this has been discussed before:

But does the "heal on the move" promotion include all the units that move along with this medic, or just the medic unit itself?

What I mean is, can my whole stack "heal on the move" as long as at least one unit in the stack has this promotion and moves along with it?

thanks!

... March on a medic is generally worthless.

That's what I was afraid of. I really don't see the point then. If just that one unit can heal while moving, well, not very useful:

He can't move around without waiting for the rest of the stack or he'll be killed, so since he has to wait for the stack to heal anyway...meh...what's the point of the promotion? Unless there's some uber-clever way to use this.

Did you notice that you can get March unlocked with either Medic1 or Combat3? Generally there's 2 main uses I see:

- If the majority or at least a significant portion of your army has March, it's a great timesaver. Easiest to accomplish with Mech. Inf or the Red Cross.

- If speed is key, like when making a Cavalry blitz against a Civ without Rifling, March (through Combat3) is very good since often you'd rather not stand around healing and rather keep the advance going even with some of your units damaged.

What Silu said. I usually promote my Knights/Cavalry with march, in order for them to keep fit for fight while still being on the move.

After red cross is available, i sometimes use it for the sole purpose of creating march promoted units. March promoted paratroopers can be pretty awesome imo :)

Combine either with a super medic for even better results! :king:

March can be really helpful if you are running a scorched earth stack. It allows your protection melee units to move with the horses while healing at the same time, keeping the destruction ongoing.

Top Bottom