1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Noob need help with civ mod

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Requests & Ideas' started by Mangov, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Mangov

Mangov Chieftain

Hello, i am just starting my first steps in modding. I really like the 2 mods that NerdByFate submitted - civilization mod for turkey and the one for ethiopia. So i decided to make one of the same for my country. I started my attempt to change the background and the leader icon on his mods but nothing happens.
    I tried by changing the dds files in textures with the ones that i want but it didnt work.
    I tried by changing the data in file turkey_icons.xml in folder data - <Row Name="ICON_ATLAS_KEMAL" IconSize="32" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1" Filename="Kemal32.dds"/> with my added files but this didnt work too.
    I even deleted the dds files from textured folder to see if they stop showing but even after that the game keeps the same images.

And i am at position i need someone to show me the basics and help me start. I watched vids showing how to do it with the civ 6 sdk and toosl but I dont have and mainly I cant get the dev tools and assets from the Steam, so i am able just to mod things with notepad++.