1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

noob questions!

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Strategy & Tips' started by Abremms, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Abremms

Abremms Prince

I have some basic questions and i was hoping someone could point me to a relevant guide or something, I'v had little luck finding anything that applies very well to FFH2.

I'm still quite new to FFH2, though I'v played civ IV since release, and i am not very good. I can win on Noble with little difficulty but if i turn it up any higher i don't stand a chance. basically I have a strong mid-late game with solid military strategy, but my early game and economic management are terrible. likely because i automate my workers and don't mess with my city window enough.

could someone give me some tips, or point out a guide, on how the whole micromanagement thing works? cottage econ vs. mines or farms or whatever.

tech wise, i generally start with a couple relevant econ techs fr whatever resources are in my capitals BFC then pick up get God King for the boost to my capital. I also find that I expand slower than the AI, as i usually wait for my capital to hit a population of 7 before building settlers, before that its one worker at pop 3, and warrior spam.

any help would be appreciated! thanks!

2. Senethro

Senethro Overlord

Research Agriculture, build Worker first, build Warriors until you have three in a city, build some more, build a Settler every time you have 3 spare warriors, build another Worker when you have less than 3 workers/2 cities.

Acceptable techs to get resources are Calendar and Crafting. Mining can work on low difficulty levels. Otherwise research Education as fast as possible.