Nooma 1 - 5CC Pangaea

Have it and play it tomorrow.

Objective is eliminate the Ottomans? Raze rather than keep? Or pound them down to one town and apply the pointed stick?

Objective is eliminate the Ottomans? Raze rather than keep?
:confused: thought we play 5CC

Right you are - flames on the plains then.

The Ottoman expedition needs some healing before proceeding, as well reinforcements.

The Ottoman slaves are going to be sent on a road builfing project through India to speed up the reinforcement.

Looks like this is shaping up to a mano y mano with the Mexican. Bismarck is flouting his muskets in the south.

I can mortgage the economy to Gandhi for Invention

or make a slightly less expensive deal for Monotheism, which after all is on the road to Mongol Keshiks, which are rapidly obsoleting what with German muskets hanging around.

I gather the plan was to beat Monothesim out of the Ottoman, so I will try that first, than go for the Feudalism path. In addition we need Universities to get the biggest bang for the 5CC buck on research. If the empire were bigger I wouldn't feel the need to drive to universities but at 5 cities you need every multiplier you can get.

No trades were made with Gandhi as the pointed stick still has some promise and we have lots of money to finance a run at either Monotheism or Invention.

So the plan will burn the candle to get Monotheism in 6, beat Chivalry out of the Ottoman, start down the path to Education and build Keshiks to kick off a Golden Age, probably against the Carthaginians.

Now this is unwelcome news.

There is still a Ottoman archer in the Indian plain so I send an sword to deal with him while the workers start on the Great Silk Road.

The Turk is sending an expeditionary force into Indian lands, one pike and two archers. Promote one mace killing one Ottoman archer and a vet sword loses to an Ottoman archer on the flatlands.

So it looks like Gandhi has a spine after all.

Monte asks our help against India, not a chance. Let's see how you do agaonst those war elephants which finally appear on the battlefield in about 390AD.

Collect a couple more Ottoman slaves and finally kill the pesky archer on the Indian plain in 320AD or so.

Great Scientists must be on as this messge appears in 330AD.

India is sending a settler pair to colonize the Ottoman SoZ rubble in 340AD. Good!

Quit your griping honey, we'll get your money!

Fire the witch and hire her replacement as soon as I can find the personnel file.

The galley has found another suicide path off the German coast.

And sinks in 360AD.

Our iron suppply has run out!!!! Don't need no stinking iron for Keshiks and can get Chivalry from Osman for a peace treaty or Invention for Peace and 2gpt. Choices, so many choices. I am going to plant some soldiers above Erdrine, to see if that sweetens the deal

Osman attacks the sword stack with a knight and kills one. The knight is then retreated into Erdrine by advancing swords. The town shows a regular musket in defense, so I will pillage the incense and end the war. Kazan riots because the German ivory deal expires and its market is not finished yet.

There is one more source of spices at Erdrine and I want to cut that before ending the war. Osman will give up his worker for peace along with Chivalry so that looks like a good choice.

Pick up an iron deal from Gandhi in 400AD

And then pay cash to Bismarck for his ivory.

Keep the pressure on the Ottomans, pillage the other incense. It would be nice to cut him off the most of the world by razing the capitol and pillaging Iznik into the Stone Age, I'm just not sure we have the mojos to do it.

The road across the Indian jungles will complete shortly and then we can send in the trebuchets. So I am inclined to keep on keeping on. Two cats are upgraded already and we can upgrade two per turn with the science spending at 0. There is no sign of war weariness at home.

Once we can squeeze the last minim out of Osman time to join India in the war against the Aztecs with trebs, keshiks and maces. Give Monte another hair cut.

Another galley is abuilding to find the other nations, but I figure Monte will get there long before we do as he has Astronomy to help.

great reporting style :goodjob:

I agree with whacking Ottomans for a while longer to raze their capital and get chivalry for peace

Lurker:
Bede you do not need a SGL in C3C to rush a great wonder, if you are the AI. I have seen them do it.

The check is only done via the human interface, so the AI is not checked at all.

Inneresting. Just adds another layer of randomness, then. But in this case an SGL was reasonable. Monte learns Astromomy, pops an SGL, then rushes the wonder. If what you say is true it just adds more fuel to the "Cheating AI" myth.

Bede said:
Just adds another layer of randomness, then. But in this case an SGL was reasonable.
lurker's comment: I just checked the .sav file with CAII. SGL's are turned ON. :scan:

400 AD (0) – Nothing.

IBT- Nothing.

410 AD (1) – Kazan completes market, starts med. Inf. Tabiz makes galley and going to make one more. Ottoman Pikeman in our territory killed by sword. 2 cats upgraded.

IBT – Nothing.

420 AD (2) – Ta tu builds horsemen, Starts med Inf. Pillage spices next to ottoman capital.

IBT – Lose sword to longbow coming out of ottoman capital.

430 (3) AD – Upgrade some cats. Kill longbow that killed our sword. Swords become elite. Pillage some land around the ottoman capital.

IBT - Nothing.

440 (4) AD – Tabiz galley-Barracks. Workers completed one road in India jungle, starting next one.

IBT - Aztecs and India signed a peace treaty.

450 AD (5)– Ta-tu: Med inf-> mid inf. Our galley has made it the farthest west ever, but still no land. Continue moving troops to the ottoman capital.

IBT – Nothing.

460 AD (6) – Galley still sailing, troops still moving to ottoman capital.

IBT- Nothing.

470 AD (7)- Galley finds some sea squares, looks like an island coming up. Karakorum- MI->MI.

IBT- Aztecs move a bunch of cavalry next to ottoman capital, will probably declare next turn.

480 AD (8) – Finally found an island with another civ, looks like America but cant contact yet.

IBT – Aztecs declare war on ottomans. Gonna let their cavs beat up a little on the ottoman capital.

490 AD (9)- We discover Spain. They have monarcy and we have writing and currency over them. Figured we don’t really need monarchy so I don’t try and get it.

IBT – Nothing.

500 AD (10) – Take and destroy the ottoman capital. Lose 2 Med inf’s in the process but gain three slaves and a cat.

In the end, the ottomans are willing to give us any two technology’s for peace. I don’t know if you want to take those, or try and take three so I guess we can discuss it.

Or we can take theology and Invention for a peace treaty with the ottomans, and chivalry for 13 GPT and 457 Gold from the Indians.

Whatever one we decide can be done right away when the next person gets the save.

All the cats are upgraded, but I couldn’t move them because they were blocked by an India worker, a marsh, or a mountain, But a road across the marsh is almost done.

We discovered spain, but they don’t have anything important.

Attachments

• Temujin of the Mongols, 500 AD.SAV
    157.4 KB · Views: 90
TimBentley said:
We could get the three techs from the Ottomans for 31gpt and 6g, and hope the Aztecs wipe them out.

Be careful here. It's been awhile since I've faced this issue but IIRC if a creditor that supplied you with hard goods (like technology) goes down the dusty road to death so does your trading reputation.

TimBentley said:
Nobody knows printing press; I don't know what the chances of getting a monopoly on that are.

Printing Press has major potential for a monopoly. It's unlikely we know Spain as monoploy though so the contact peddling won't be worth too much.

I would take any two techs from Osman. Chivalry would be nice as one. I would rather pay Gandhi for something else.

Labrec said:
IBT- Aztecs move a bunch of cavalry next to ottoman capital, will probably declare next turn.
:eek:

We need to do something about the aztecs.

We need chivalry, get a bunch of knights and get some military alliances going.

If you want to burn Carthage negotiate an RoP with Germany and do an end around. He is small and weak IIRC.

T0 500 AD
Agree to stop hurting Osman for Chivalry, Invention, and 6gp.
India: 193g+46gptfor gunpowder (saltpeter east of Tabriz whee)
All the minfantry builds changed to keshiks.
This is the least wheelchair-accessible map I've ever seen. It would take 20 turns for a trebuchet to reach Carthage from Karakorum. And since by then everything we own will be hopelessly out of date, I bite the bullet and send the army north towards *gulp* Aztec cavalry. I will limit the smashing to Tlaxcala and their only visible source of iron to save us some greif. I don't want to bring India in and then break the alliance, so its just us.

T1 510
Upgrade 2 horsemen

IBT
The aztec SoD marches on Izmit
Karakorum keshik->pikeman (to be upgraded and then to guard the artillery)
Ta-Tu keshik->keshik
India starts JS Bach's cathedral

T2 520
The Keshiks move to attack Tlaxcala from the east (and maybe pillage the iron too), the infantry+artillery SoD moves to attack from the west. They won't actually do much attacking, mostly just bombard.

IBT
Kazan Keshik>keshik

T3 530
Nothing of note

IBT
Carthage declares war on Iznik
Hannibal gives us a free embassy

T4 540
Nothing

IBT
Karakorum pike>keshik
Ulanbaatar market->barracks

T5 550
Nothing

IBT
Iznik falls, the Ottomans are out of the game.
Ta-Tu Keshik->keshik
Tabriz keshik->keshik
The aztecs have navigation (start magellans)

T6 560
Will probably attack soon, 5 keshiks are in place

IBT
India wants 1 more gpt for a rop, they get it.

T7 570
Nothing (the armies will be sent in as soon as the pikeman reaches the artillery stack, in 3 turns)

IBT:
Ulanbaatar barracks>keshik
Aztecs, Germans start Newtons

T8 580
The... the aztecs are in the industrial ages.

T9 590
The spanish galley is sent on a suicide mission north

IBT
Karakorum, Ta-Tu, Kazan: keshik->keshik
The galley sinks, we lose our supply of ivory with no disorder (ulanbaatar is close though)

T10 600
(Cross your fingers)
War is declared.
The Keshiks (7) move onto the mountain-with-iron and pillage+fortify (to time the arrival with the artillery stack)
The artillery stack (10 trebuchets, 5 minfantry, 2 swords, and 1 pike, all veterans) moves onto the hill and marches on Tlaxcala
All the keshiks inside Mongolia move to reinforce the area once it is burned

Let me just say to the next person to play that I am aware of both the mini-stack in india (the remains of the ottoman task force, too small and far away to help) and the river south of tlaxcala. I never intended to attack with the infantry. Those are primarily meat shields.

Also, there is an aztec caravel in the fog near german town (that colony). It is full of troops sent for the Ottomans when there was such a nation, and then backpedaled when beaten there by the land invasion.

The save

I think it is time to dust off the Sid level playbooks, guys. And get ready for some brutal, brutal turns. Whee!

We are going to need all the help we can get from the AI left on the continent and on the other island to pull this off. Grinding down Azteca with a war based economy is the way to go.

Are we in a position to pull off the Great Library slingshot? It will mean giving up a town for a couple of turns, though. The Great Library is in Berlin, BTW.

Also when whoever is next in the barrel renew that ivory deal, every town in the nation will riot wqhen you press enter without it.

Looks like a nice set up to burn at leeast one Azteca town though, unless he throws his whole army that way.

Bede said:
Are we in a position to pull off the Great Library slingshot? It will mean giving up a town for a couple of turns, though.

No. We're in a bad position for that because the Germans already have built the Great Library.

What I was getting at is the brief capture of the Great Library. So long as we don't know Education we will pick up all the techs known to at least two of the four on the island. Some consider it a slightly cheesy tactic but it is one to consider and play when the tech hole gets really deep, as it appears to be.

Top Bottom