North Atlantic Archipelago Mod/Scenario Underway

Originally posted by KingArthur

As to the scenario as a whole it's almost there but I haven't been working on it in the last 2 weeks (have been getting a bit of grief from the girlfriend :) ). I'm waiting on a couple of wonder graphics and utahjazz is doing a Huscarl. Maybe I should get you guys involved in some playtesting.

I understand your predicament. A good mod takes a lot of time, I'm not rushing you, I'm just wondering what the craic is.:)

I'll be happy to playtest when you see it fit, but i don't mind waiting. Nothing worse than a mod thats rushed and half finished.

Originally posted by KingArthur

That I can do. I requested the ftp upload account details from Thunderfall on Mon so as soon as I get the details I'll upload it -it's just under 30MB :eek: which makes me quiver when I think that I've only got a 56K modem.

hehe.. me too... but I can leave it downloading when I'm studying or something, so it doesnt matter much after all...

By the Viking resources working like a treat, do you mean that the Vikings now invade the isles, or not only that but they attack where they historically did?

And I'd love to playtest.

@gael - I would love broadband but it's not available where I bide (a backwater of a backwater).
@jorde - yes but then there's those awful times when your connection drops and your 90% through a download :)
@amminion00 - they attack as expected historically so it seems to work a treat.

ps Just got the details of the ftp account so I'll upload on Monday from my work.

Hi guys, I need the occasional kick up the backside so thanks. Not all my woman but my "future" mother-in-law is staying with us at the moment so now I have two naggers ;). It's alright for them to say watch Eastenders and Coronation Street on the tele but not for me to spend some time "playing on my computer" as they refer to it. Actually, I had problems uploading a zip using the temp ftp account supplied by Thunderfall. I tried twice but each time Thunderfall told me the zip file was corrupted. I'll give it another go after I have downloaded some FTP software. I now have a huscarl thanks to Utahjazz :)

Well, if it's any consolation guys, I've almost completed a dark age Scotland scenario. It has 6 civs: Dalraida, Fortriu (southern Picts), Moray (northern Picts), Strathclyde, Orkney and Northumbria. It's just about finished, but I have to test it a wee bit more before releasing it! ;)

I don't know how long it's going to take. I'm experimenting with the "King of Alba" Wonder, which leads to a diplo victor, and I'm experimenting with capturing milirary units (my noble horseman) as flag units. (The latter does not seem to work :( )

I won't be messing around with the tech tree, or the leaderheads. But I am adding 12 cool units :D

Here is the BIQ as it is just now, if you're wanting a preview:

Attachments

• scotia.zip
    29 KB · Views: 108
If you read this KingArthur and have decided that your not going to finish it, would you upload all the stuff you've done so far...please.:)

It means someone else can finish if they like, or those of us who are interested can work and play with what you've done so far.
It would be a shame to waste it.

calgacus, I'll definitly play your scenario (Is it C3C compatable?).
I checked out your map, weres the N.Irish?

Come on man, you can't leave it open for scotch settlers. I'm from there, its just not on.;):)
Seriously, you should stick at least one N.Irish kingdom in there.

Originally posted by gael

calgacus, I'll definitly play your scenario (Is it C3C compatable?).
I checked out your map, weres the N.Irish?

Come on man, you can't leave it open for scotch settlers. I'm from there, its just not on.;):)
Seriously, you should stick at least one N.Irish kingdom in there.

Oh Gael...It'd complicate the scenario to either add another civ for N/Ireland, or to put Dalriadan cities there - thus requiring that the Picts or Strathcluthians or whoever, will have to conquer it to knock out Dalriada. :eek:

Are the barbarians not good enough? :mischief:

...I don't know. When I get around to it, I maybe will do something else with the Irish north. Any ideas?

Originally posted by calgacus

Are the barbarians not good enough? :mischief:

Close enough, but not good enough.:)

The Dalriadans were pushed to scotland by other more aggressive and expanding kingdoms in the north, or so I've read.

Let the Picts and strathclyde fight for scotish turf, maybe just have one Dalriadan city in the top of N.Ireland. They may or may not form alliances with the rest of the Irish. If so the Irish might fight with them or even fight against them. Thats more true to real than just leaving Ireland open for anyone who can get there.

If you don't want the Irish interfering too much with scotland, you could have the Uliad in the east and the U'Neil in the west. (sp)
They'll be too busy fighting among each other to be a threat to 'scottish' kingdoms and the splitting up of the north will make them too weak to be a threat on they're own.

I don't think it would complicate it, it would add more complexity to it.

I'm back. Been busy fighting dragons (mother in law). It does seem to be the season for coughs and sneezes so I hope you're all feeling better now ;)
Ok as to progress- when I started this scenario I never realised it was going to be so big and take so long, perhaps it's too ambitious for 1 person. To be honest my enthusiasm waned after working on it for so long so I had to take a break from it.

What I'll do is tidy it up so that it's playable (first era is pretty much done and dusted but second era is only 60% there but I can get to a state that I'm happy with) and then post it here in this thread. Then if ANYONE thinks it's worth continuing they can make modifications to it, maybe we could turn it into a truly collaborative effort.

Great to see you back :goodjob:

It certainly was ambitious. TBH, I couldn't give a squirrel about the eras or the tech-tree...but that's just me. :)

Top Bottom