North Korea summit canceled

On the one hand, the world is now a bit closer to nuclear war. On the other hand, I got almost $4 on PredictIt by betting against the summit happening.
Spend it quickly?

But if Iran sticks to the deal we're free to argue for a better deal without Iran violating the current one.

Iran will only stick to the deal, if Europe keeps their end of the deal and fights against US sanctions. If that is the case, there is no point for Iran to return to the negotiation table, because it has trade relations with Europe and gets to drive a wedge between Europe and the USA. Why should they give up anything else?

Last edited:
I think that Kim has no interest in traveling to Singapore. He only went to China in an armored train. A trip that far from home is not in his purview.

That letter is incredible.

I Laughed, I Cried, I choked on a marshmellow and finished reading the letter with a renewed hope that everything is awesome!

I Laughed, I Cried, I choked on a marshmellow and finished reading the letter with a renewed hope that everything is awesome!
I tried to change
Fasted for 60 days
Wore white
Abstained from mirrors
Abstained from sex
Slowly did not speak another word
I slept on a mat on the floor
I swallowed a sword
I levitated
Confessed my sins
And was baptized in a river
I whipped my own back
I threw myself into a volcano
I drank the blood and drank the wine
I sat alone in begged and bent at the waist for God
I crossed myself in thought
I saw the devil
I grew thickened skin on my feet
I bathed in bleach
And plugged my menses with the pages from the holy book
But still inside me coiled deep was the need to know
Is this real life?

So do you guys believe me now that reality is a simulation and they're just screwing with us
Nah, we're all just sea urchins who ate some bad plankton and are having a long bad dream..

I hope that such a letter will not easily be mistranslated.
You could run it through the buggiest version of Bing translate a few dozen times through 16 languages and the end result would probably still make more sense than the original English version.

Thats true, one of Trump's big gripes about the deal was the seized money Iran got back. But it was their money, so it seems unfair to keep it. But if Iran sticks to the deal we're free to argue for a better deal without Iran violating the current one. If Iran violates the deal other countries will be motivated to sanction them and coerce a new one. If Trump's getting to negotiate it, Iran will have an incentive to keep the current deal. Its a win win for the Trump crowd (and Israel).

I dont know what 'we' want in NK... Denuclearization and a peace treaty? Do we have to leave to get that? Sounds good... Maybe we dont want to leave.

What's our position to argue for a better deal? We didn't keep our side of the last one, so anything we say of the "we will do this" persuasion will get laughed off, and we have no seized money to give up on the spot. So we have nothing to offer them. We can threaten them with a unilateral attack, and deteriorate our position even further with their new allies that we already kicked to the curb once, but that seems self destructive. Basically, we haven't got a leg to stand on.

In Korea, we also don't have a leg to stand on. Most likely DPRK and RoK are going to sign a peace treaty, then enter into a NATO style mutual defense agreement with China and RoK will kick the US out of their country. With that as a base most of SE Asia will probably opt in and the next time we try a trade war with China the entire far east will retaliate as a block...if they bother to wait for us to start it.

Basically, Trump has single-handedly ended the era of US supremacy.

Well, by the time he's done the entire US government will have been dismantled and replaced by a corporate congress.

That is quite possibly one of the most surreal documents I've ever read.

I wanna know what you history nerds think of this letter? Have you seen anything like this before?

MY EYES!
@_@

For the next hundred years, this letter will convince future Presidents to let the State Department handle diplomacy.

I see it very differently from you guys.

At some point Onion Kid gets OP.

Top Bottom