(North) Korea: The Fresh Prince of Pyongyang

100 turns?? 4 updates in and the game is over :lol: I think it's good now :)

I say we expand into Russia,build many workers there and make them build farms and workshops

Don't listen to the others who want you to betray the ways of Songun! Build units and take the lands of China by force!

Don't listen to the others who want you to betray the ways of Songun! Build units and take the lands of China by force!

No!for now,just peace.Then,we build a massive army and conquer both china and later on,Mongolia(of course,we should bring japan and southeast Asian countries too.)

now this, i will definitely sub :lol:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Oh yeah. didn't read it
EDIT:will the leader kick himself out of the council?

VGL, before I start the update, should I open borders with the Indians or ignore them?

And yes I will kick myself out of the council, but I will be elected in right away again

Edit: Because VGL is offline, unless he gives me the word we will not trade with India at all until he gives me the word to do so

Spoiler :

As Kim Jong was doing his daily duties, a strange man whose skin was as white as the rice grown in the fields to the southeast of Seoul came to his palace in Pyongyang. This man was named Augustus Caesar, and he said he had come from a land very far to the west called Rome. Kim Jong thought these people were interesting, so he opened borders to them for trade, and saw that they were more advanced than North Korea.

Speaking of rice, North Korean workers had finished making roads and farms on rice fields to the most southeastern point of Korea, and ordered them to move north and make a plantation and harvest the dye to the east of Seoul.

Spoiler :

Kim Jong had a feeling that this Roman Empire would not last nearly as long as the immaculate North Korean empire. He had speculated that this civilization would eventually collapse on itself, and would cease to exist. With this in mind when Augustus Caesar offered the knowledge of the Alphabet with North Korea for a small sum of gold and the technology of Laws, he accepted. With the knowledge of an Alphabet, Korea could train spies, and these spies could be used to do sneaky things to neighbor civilizations, like China! With this in mind, Kim Jong ordered one be trained in Seoul after they had finished making a work boat to harvest the fish.

Also, as Kim Jong was on a picnic with his family in the fields to the west, he noticed that China had erected a large and powerful wall on its borders. Kim Jong stared at its massiveness, and wondered if barbarians could even get across this monstrosity. He then swore under his breath (as it was taboo to swear around children), and wondered why his workers couldn't build anything like it in HIS cities.

Spoiler :

To test out the new tactic of espionage, Kim Jong moved some funding from science to espionage for a bit, and then took away the funding once he thought it was no longer needed. He had finishing training his spy, and then moved it to the nearest Chinese city to test their might. He ordered them to steal Chinese gold, and the mission was successful in bringing in 37 gold for the North Korean treasury. Kim Jong smiled, knowing he just unlocked many possibilities.

Kim Jong also ordered the training of a settler in Seoul in order to expand north and harvest deer resources to the north, and expand the North Korean empire. If they added this one next city, we could become an even greater and more productive nation.

Speaking of a lesser and less productive nation, let's talk about China. Our council member of Military and Espionage wanted us to train units and take China by force. Kim Jong would not follow this order for now, as we could not survive a war with China right now. We might be able take them later on, but Kim Jong felt that China was not ready for the greatness of North Korea yet.

Spoiler :

The settlers from Seoul moved northeast and founded the city of Sanggyeong. In Sanggyeong, Kim Jong ordered the training of a division of spearmen in order to protect the city from any barbarians. There was a threat of barbarians horse archers earlier to the northwest, but they ran off once they heard how amazing North Korea was. Just in case, Kim Jong sent some horse archers north to protect the iron miners from any attack and razing by these barbarians. From Sanggyeong, North Korean citizens could see a large island off the sea to the east. This land would come later to form another lesser civilization.

In Seoul, Kim Jong ordered the production of a Buddhist Temple in order to create happiness and culture for the city. The city was already a great center for culture and people, so Kim Jong wished to capitalize on this and make Seoul a great city in the North Korean empire. In Pyongyang, the courthouse was near completion, but it was still being built.

Spoiler :

In Seoul, Confucianist monks had traveled over from China and wished to spread their religion across the land. Kim Jong would have none of this, however, as North Korea was a glorious and Buddhist nation. To protect the Buddhist monks and people from these Confucianists who wished to change their ideals, he ordered them to be "disbanded".

The workers were also building a route from Pyongyang to Sanggyeong in order to conduct trade with the distant city. Sanggyeong was already shaping up to become a not-half-bad city itself, as Buddhism had already spread, and it was training spearmen at a quite good rate. Kim Jong smiled and waved during his first visit to the city.

Spoiler :

Somehow, the peasants in Pyongyang had become unruly and unhappy. These rebels were taking to the streets and murdering those who they had a thought supported Kim Jong and the government. As Kim Jong was still parading around Sanggyeong, Kim Jong himself was spared, but the news was given to him via a courier who had received a nice raise for this information. Kim Jong, wanting the safety and happiness of his people, told officials to wait for calmness first, and then sedate the people so that something like this wouldn't happen again.

Kim Jong would still be stuck in Sanggyeong until the workers would finish building a road between Pyongyang and Sanggyeong, and that wasn't bad news, as Pyongyang was still in a period of unruliness. Either way, Kim Jong was proud of North Korea.

Council members, post your final policies for your first position of power. After the next update, another election will be held for council positions

Spoiler :
Dang, my writing has gotten a ton better ever since my first update for my Egypt story :lol:

Local herbalists also noticed that there were some plants in the valleys of southwest Pyongyang could work well with healing the citizens, but they needed to test on human patients to test these ideas. A request was given to Kim Jong to see if these scientists and herbalists could test on North Korean citizens. If they were allowed to do so, they might heavily increase the health of the populace for much time to come, but they might cause fatalities.

Kim Jong considered his options, and allowed these herbalists and scientists to do whatever they needed to do to test these herbs. As it turned out, they had caused fatalities like they had warned, but Pyongyang was sparsely populated in the first place, so there wasn't much of a change. On the other hand, they did make great advancements in health, at the cost of the happiness of some of the citizens. They would get over it in time, though.

I see that you have gotten hold of some North Korean juice!

Well the citizens are always up for a tasty beverage that may or may not cause nationwide death. :D

Also, what are your policies for the next update?

The stability can only drop to unstable. At stable watch closely. At shaky slow down expansion. And at unstable we shut down all expansion and pull in. We do everything possible to stabilize. On the thought of expansion I suggest we move up the coast as we are.

Top Bottom