1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NOrth Korea threatens to nullify armistice

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Slobadog, Mar 6, 2013.

1. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

So I should've went with .15% Flouride air-dispersed powder, .30% is apparently too strong.:think: My mistake, this is more of an art than a science.

2. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

From Andrei Lankov's lj, my translation:

The South doesn't want a humanitarian catastrophe on its hands, either. And it's likely to follow any annexation of North by the South.

3. Neomega

Neomega Deity

Try exercise. It really helps the blood flow to the brain and stimulates creativity. Maybe go for a run.

4. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

Christmas 2013 is actually a long shot, considering the poor state of the North. We could effectively win that war with air power in hours.

5. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

How is exercise going to help me brainwash you? :confused:

6. Neomega

Neomega Deity

You were complaining about having difficulties with your experiments. I suggested exercise, as it has been shown to increase intelligence and creativity.

You can't brainwash me.

7. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

Good point. :sad:

8. ReindeerThistle

ReindeerThistle Zimmerwald Left

WARNING: The Following post is from the son of a 22-year veteran pilot and intelligence officer of the US Air Force (a veteran of the air war over Viet Nam who strongly disagrees with the air war theory, BTW . This is not the official line of the US Air Force. God Bless America.

That was the argument in 1950. Curtis LeMay bombed every target there was in North Korea.

It was also the argument for the Viet Nam War, where the US dropped more bombs in one raid than all of the bombs dropped during WWII.

AAAAAAAAAND the winner was....? Stalemate in Korea and -- doh! -- US out of Viet Nam.

What definition of "bugout" do you like best? See Pork Chop Hill the only movie about the Korean War my Korean War vet friend, god rest his soul, ever liked. He was 82nd Airborne, sent in to cover the retreat of the 1st Marines.

The 6-way talks are better, at least, then and internationally-involved war, so I will grant you that.

Okay, so, like, leave ME out of the "we," okay?

9. Neomega

Neomega Deity

!!

I thought Luckymoose was being ironic.

10. ReindeerThistle

Maybe, sounds like it, eh? Still needed sayin'

11. schlaufuchs

schlaufuchs La Femme Moderne

It should be noted that the state of the army and officer corps were significantly weaker in 1950 and 1964-1975 than they are today. Also relations with China were significantly different. Also also the USSR was around then. Your oversimplified generalization really isn't helpful.

12. ace99

ace99 Deity

The US army was also drug addled and STD ridden Dachs has led me to believe.

Or was that Yes Prime Minister? I confuse the two.

13. Borachio

Borachio Way past lunacy

Haha. That's actually not all bad. The best propaganda is always true, after all.

It's a bit out of date though.

Here's something from 4 days ago.

OK. The North Korean regime is the one true democratic force in the world. Yeah. Right.

It seems to me that the North Korean regime suffers from group think*. One day, hopefully, they might wake up and say "What on earth were we thinking of?"

*Which isn't to say that very many in the US don't also experience the same sort of effect.

14. ReindeerThistle

But your oversimplified generalizations are helpful?

WARNING: This post is not approved by the United States Military, even though the man posting it has family members who helped found the Republican Party in 1854 and family members who have served in every war between the War of Independence (1775 to 1781) through Gulf War I (1991)

As for the Officer Corps being weaker than they are today, it sounds like one of your family members is an officer, eh?

Well, those who can keep their mouths shut (ie., not McChrystal) and their pants on (not Petraeus) are probably pretty okay guys, but the North Korean military only trains in one terrain, and that is the only one they will have to fight on. Ask any officer who has the advantage in that situation, and see what they tell you.

Curtis LeMay killed 20% of the population of Korea with his air strikes and the US did not win.

The US killed 2 million Vietnamese in the Viet Nam War (1950 - 1975, BTW -- Truman sent the first "advisors" from the US to help the French in 1950 along with $3 billion over 4 years) -- and no USSR or China came to their aid. Cuba tried, but the USSR told them not to.

15. Neomega

Neomega Deity

In North Korean history, they were brought through Armageddon and survived. But they did not unite Korea. They are traumatized into group think. Their history and culture is born of war. That is why they are a military state. And not "I saw war on TV in America for a couple hours once while eating a bag of Cheetos, it was really realistic in surround sound" To the North Koreans, the Korean war is a devastating loss of apocalyptic destruction, real destruction. real dead family, real bombed out ancestral homes. All cities nearly razed by American bombs. It's no surprise they worship one leader and are in a constant state of agitation.

This is fairly common in people during incredibly hard times. The other option is to die by squabbling amongst yourselves, or surrender to the people who destroyed, and continue to try to destroy, you.

They know exactly what they are thinking. America is an imperial nation willing to kill millions in countries to "save" them and colonize them. America has shown its colors time and time again. America is #1 for foreign invasions in the past 60 years, by far. America is a far more real threat to North Koreans than North Korea is for Americans.

So there is nothing confusing about the mindset of North Koreans. They were destroyed, they invent the whole Jeuche thing, which says, "screw you world, we'll do it ourselves", and because they were born of war, their only cause is war, and America has shown them aggression and contempt for 60 years.

16. Farm Boy

Farm Boy You gave me my own tail?

There is also nothing terribly confusing about the mindset of South Koreans. The world is a terrifically messy place, is it not?

17. Neomega

Neomega Deity

You'd be surprised how many South Koreans see America as the main enemy.

18. Farm Boy

I might, you're right. I would be terribly surprised if none did. But I do know the majority decided, less than 10 years ago that they would like US military to stick around when the issue came up. The thing about alliances is they aren't unilateral. And this is more appropriately classified as an alliance than say, a colony, or any of that.

19. Neomega

Neomega Deity

Bunch of foreign soldiers running around, guarding the institutions dictating South Korean foreign policy does not sound like an alliance to me.

I like the North Korean term better, sounds more accurate to me, "puppet regime".

20. Farm Boy

Well, if you think the US military is dictating South Korean governance I haven't seen enough convincing evidence of that theory to have me on board with it. US troops are they by agreement. Do you think the US would order its troops to open fire if South Koreans voted in a government that requested they leave?