North Korean Missiles Can Hit Mainland US

And I thought of Fallout. It's almost like a case of plagiarism.

Btw, why the site is down? Have they struck already, or is it Russian hackers, or the locals hide their suicidal idiocy from the rest of the world?

Iron curtain or nuclear annihilation? :lol:

Did I miss a joke? That's not the site being down, you're just getting blocked.

Should I say it explicitly then? The site is blocked for Russia and possibly other regions by its owners. Why? Possibly for the international auditory not to laugh at it, because of the news. I consider it a censorship.

Probably just blocks of IPs based on malicious activity. It's a standard sonicwall feature. My workplace uses the same software. Blocking ranges of IPs is a pretty crude way to deal with malicious activity, but it's low effort, and since we don't sell any products or services in Russia, we don't care a whole lot if Russians aren't able to access our websites.

I suggest lobbying your ISPs/government to clamp down on malicious internet activity if you don't like it.

It's geo-IP filter, they block connections from Russia. Otherwise hackers may steal their secret pamphlet.

It's geo-IP filter, they block connections from Russia. Otherwise hackers may steal their secret pamphlet.

Why invent such a straw man? DDoS attack, rather than theft, is the obvious thing they're blocking. It's trivial to get around a geo-block for access (e.g. stealing something). It's not trivial to launch a DDoS attack if 90% of your botnet is blocked.

Should I say it explicitly then? The site is blocked for Russia and possibly other regions by its owners. Why? Possibly for the international auditory not to laugh at it, because of the news. I consider it a censorship.

Site works fine for me, so yes, seems they close it for russian ips. Not ridiculous in the slightest, given Russia=Goldstein.

Reminded me an old Soviet joke.
In case of nuclear strike against your town:
1. Take a bedsheet and wrap it around your body.
2. Crawl slowly to the closest cemetery.
3. If you're a soldier, hold your gun on outstretched arms, so that molten metal won't ruin your uniform.

Guam officials release pamphlet for residents to prepare for NK nuclear attack.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...are-residents-for-north-korean-nuclear-strike

Reminded me an old Soviet joke.
In case of nuclear strike against your town:
1. Take a bedsheet and wrap it around your body.
2. Crawl slowly to the closest cemetery.
Which reminds me of an old joke too.

What to do in case of a nuclear attack:
1. Lie down in a ditch with your head tucked very firmly between your legs.
2. Kiss your arse goodbye.

For more detailed information, consult this book:

If there is any NK nuclear strike (even at Japan, which apparently they certainly can nuke) it won't just take 1 year to recover. Nor if they can nuke a US city. For starters it will be chaotic; recall how the US reacted to 9/11, which had the casualties taken in Syria in a week (?). A nuclear hit against the US will see that country go full crazy, and terminally so. I do hope there is no escalation, but who knows by now...

I was assuming a conventional war starting similarly to how it was in 1950. More on the nuclear scenario later. I think things will be different. If North Korea does in fact start it, I don't see China backing them up, at least not to the level they did in 1950. Nor would the Soviets be around to provide pilots and aircraft. China has a lot more at stake than they did in 1950. They can't be going around starting offensive wars, it would hurt their trade dramatically. Now if the U.S. attacks first, then I can see China backing North Korea up. Regardless, we would still have to to recover as we did in 1950 and retake lost land. If you look how long the buildup took in 1990, you will see why I say modern U.S. military is slower (compare to how fast the landing of Incheon happened in 1950). Of course we had nearby assets in Japan which we didn't have in Saudi Arabia, nevertheless it's not easy to move all the equipment modern divisions require. It isn't just men and a few tanks. It's a lot more than that.

Now since you mentioned Nuclear War, I can't see it happening. Despite fearmongering by the U.S. (who have their own agenda to push making Americans afraid), I don't believe North Korea is capable of delivering a nuclear device on any kind of missile. They can barely get a test one to explode. A bomb is easier to build, but of course they don't have aircraft that can get one anywhere. Any nuke detonation would result in Trump completely annihilating the country with nukes. And yes, I believe he would do it without hesitation. North Korea isn't that stupid. He would lose all the power he has by starting any kind of war, but especially a nuclear war. There is no chance America will be nuked by North Korea.

I was assuming a conventional war starting similarly to how it was in 1950

US can start a conventional war. ok.
Will South Korea join that war or hotline NK that they are no part of that ?

I was assuming a conventional war starting similarly to how it was in 1950. More on the nuclear scenario later. I think things will be different. If North Korea does in fact start it, I don't see China backing them up, at least not to the level they did in 1950. Nor would the Soviets be around to provide pilots and aircraft. China has a lot more at stake than they did in 1950. They can't be going around starting offensive wars, it would hurt their trade dramatically. Now if the U.S. attacks first, then I can see China backing North Korea up. Regardless, we would still have to to recover as we did in 1950 and retake lost land. If you look how long the buildup took in 1990, you will see why I say modern U.S. military is slower (compare to how fast the landing of Incheon happened in 1950). Of course we had nearby assets in Japan which we didn't have in Saudi Arabia, nevertheless it's not easy to move all the equipment modern divisions require. It isn't just men and a few tanks. It's a lot more than that.

Now since you mentioned Nuclear War, I can't see it happening. Despite fearmongering by the U.S. (who have their own agenda to push making Americans afraid), I don't believe North Korea is capable of delivering a nuclear device on any kind of missile. They can barely get a test one to explode. A bomb is easier to build, but of course they don't have aircraft that can get one anywhere. Any nuke detonation would result in Trump completely annihilating the country with nukes. And yes, I believe he would do it without hesitation. North Korea isn't that stupid. He would lose all the power he has by starting any kind of war, but especially a nuclear war. There is no chance America will be nuked by North Korea.

Assuming NK nukes someone once (which i don't see happening), if the US response is to nuke it with many missiles as you said... the US won't get out of this being a non-pariah state. No one likes a side that obliterates another country with nukes. Moreover i don't like the WH40K rhetoric.

even more predictable . Long believing all the other men in the US were people "cats or a certain reproductive organ" , cowards and traitors to use proper power against all the losers in the world jealous of the US , the dude in the White House now extends the front . An invasion of Venezuella in the name of Democracy .... Also helps with a claim that Maduro was so scared that he immediately called on the phone to beg for Trump's mercy and Trump refused , gloriously , too . Also helps that people have been overrun in Virginia so that the Right can blame the Leftists . You see , Leftists backstab glorious America with stuff like Human Rights and anti-Klan talk while they should have stood united behind the Administration . Yes , it's the fault of Blacks , if North now "strikes" .

I don´t think Kim is willing to hit US soil. It´d be the end for N. Korea. He´s just making threads as always

A tit-for-tat on nuclear weapons would be so much more terrible. That's how things escalate. It's how the attacks normalize.

Nuclear has this enormous stain on our collective soul. You don't do it. This is why Obama's teeny nukes were seen to be such a threat to world peace. Because they threaten to normalize nuclear strikes.

I agree that unless you put out of action all of NKs launchers NK would then be in a launch or lose position.

Unless lower yields can be selected on the fly like other tactical nukes, a new bomb of 50 kilotons is not small or specially 'usable' by any measure. To put it in perspective, Hiroshima was around 14.
I don´t think Kim is willing to hit US soil. It´d be the end for N. Korea. He´s just making threads as always
Kim and NK is not the problem here. Trump and USA is. (as usual)

Last edited:
Top Bottom