1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

North South East West Starts for any Civ

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Mods and Files' started by Kailric, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Kailric

Kailric Jack of All Trades

This adds the ability to have Civs start either on the North, South, East, or West sides of the map.

In CivilizationInfos.xml change the <StartingEuropePlot> tag to either EUROPE_EAST, EUROPE_WEST, EUROPE_NORTH, EUROPE_SOUTH. If the tag is removed the Civ will have a random start.

Version 1.0 Here

2. orlanth

orlanth Storm God. Yarr!

nice one :cool: is there a way to unlock access to the various Europe tiles through research or Trade points?

Imagine having several separate theaters of operations in a single map (eg America, Africa, and the East Indies), where each theater is bounded by a rectangle of impassable terrain with appropriate Sail to Europe plots at the edges!

3. drjest2000

drjest2000 Chieftain

This mod works great from all directions with the basic A_New_World map script, but EUROPE_NORTH and EUROPE_SOUTH with the FaireWeather map script has a risk of breaking the game. It was kind of spectacular :D

4. Commander Bello

Commander Bello Say No 2 Net Validations

Thanks for providing this, Kailric! :goodjob:

5. Kailric

Kailric Jack of All Trades

Well, I made this little mod for drjest2000 for his mod. But, all that you ask about is very much doable. I done this a little bit in the Medieval mod already and the Slave trade mod has done this also with different trade screens.

6. drjest2000

drjest2000 Chieftain

Kailric, I'm not sure if your mod has anything to do with it, but when I play a west-starting civ, the Europe screen goes weird. I can still sail there and sell goods, but the purchasable goods and people disappear. If I restart play from an auto-save before the bug occurred, it may or may not happen again. At first I thought it was the custom leaderhead I was playing, so I tried with just a vanilla version and it happened with van der Donck and John Adams with the Dutch and English set to start in the west.

I remember that there was a discussion in a thread some where on the forum of the Europe screen taking a hike if the east route to Europe is never used. I wonder if this is the thing I'm experiencing...

In all the instances that I have experienced, I had completed a church and was working on a cathedral. When the bug occurs, it seems to always occur when the fourth unit wants to immigrate.

EDIT: Found the source of the problem, Windows Update. Bloody nuisance.

7. Commander Bello

Commander Bello Say No 2 Net Validations

Kailric, which version of the game has been the base for this little mod?

I've found missing entries for
    Code:
    // PatchMod: Achievements 
    (ButtonPopup.cpp)
    which until now I thought to be part of the 1.01f patch?