Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Explore to east of Dellham

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Do something completely different!

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

Jayne

Emperor
Seeing as there's been a bit of discussion about the Northern (NONE) Chariot and anticipating unrest in Dellham etc. I've decided to post a poll.

The chariot could stick with the legion in case we are on the same island as the Vikings.

It could return to Dellham - approx 5 turns.

It could explore land to the east of Dellham which the chariot currently guarding Reneaux was going to explore - approx 7 turns.

I think they should stay together, in case we run into the AI.
Dellham can switch to warrior, if we need to beef up the
martial law...

I don't think we need a guard in Reneaux. Let's send that Chariot up to the unexplored NE, thru the nearby black.

I'm nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Bring the Northern Chariot toward Dellham and the River. It's a long march to Elysium where is is vitally needed.

Do something different!
I'm nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Bring the Northern Chariot toward Dellham and the River. It's a long march to Elysium where is is vitally needed.
I agree the chariot is vitally needed in Elysium (see turn thread). Maybe I'm not that nervous, though ... :)

I say that we need to do "something" about the pending unhappiness in elysium. Unless someone can come up with a better idea on how to deal with it, then we should send the chariot back.

I'm a bit concerned about leaving elysium undefended though - barbs can't be far away. And considering that we are (likely) spending most of our money at TF, then we won't have enough for bribes either. :(

Having looked at the arguements I think perhaps we could send the chariot to Elysium. As that is our SSC I think I NONE defended would be useful. If you agree, vote 'other' and post below to go to Elysium.

I think I would be tempted to let the legion make its move first. It is slightly further along the peninsula and therefore more likely to meet a Viking on its next move. If we do discover an AI then, we could possibly get the chariot to hang around a bit longer (though to be honest I don't expect this to happen).

Yeah, good idea about the move order. I too doubt that we're going to meet any Vikings, but better safe than sorry. We should move the chariot as far along the river as possible back to Elysium if there is no AI threat to the north. I also agree that Reneaux does not require the chariot to be stationed there - at least for the time being. That chariot should explore the black areas and then return there if necessary.

Goto Elysium.

I couldn't initially decide. However, why risk losing a city. We need all the cities we can to get our empire off the ground.

Although we don't need extra defence initially, I assume we will do later and a NONE unit (especially one updated by Leo's Workshop) could be a useful asset to an SSC in Democracy. It can act as crowd control for now, and we can always move in on later if we want to e.g to explore new islands.

Voted other. Move order as suggested by Jayne. Then get the chariot back towards elysium.

Bummer. Seems our exploration will be a bit stunted. We're not quite the military powerhouse we seemed a 1000 years ago. Trashing the AI to pieces SHOULD they have a city on our continent won't be quite so easy.

[out of Kassandra mode again]

Mr President, unless there is a huge influx of votes to the contrary this afternoon, the Foriegn Office suggests the following:

The two legions carry on moving as before, and take their first moves before the northern chariot.

Assuming the northern chariot is not suddenly required to ward off AI's, it will make it's way back towards Elysium.

The southern chariot in 'Town formally known as Reneaux' will move off to explore then north east, via the black, when the Home Office is happy to release it from it's garrison duties.

The northern chariot will go to Elysium but I'm unwilling to let the other chariot leave The city formerly known as Reneax undefended. I will check if the phalanx can be rushed there.

Re the legions, me thinks that the more "likely" of the unlikely civ contact will be from the southern-most legion. In this case, the chariot on its way to Elysium will not have to divert much to help that legion anyway.

Have we passed the point at which we get barbarians yet? If not, then how many turns do we have? Maybe would should IPRB the Phalanx in Renaux to coincide a finish just before we can get barbs?:)

I'm pretty certain that we are well past the barb intro turn. It's only 16 turns into the game (apart from huts).

Originally posted by civ1-addict
I will check if the phalanx can be rushed there.

Don't forget that the priority is to rush the settler in TF as soon as we can employ an entertainer! I doubt we'll have that much money left afterwards. Therefore IRPBing a phalanx at [whatever the hell this city will be called after Ren moaned] is highly unlikely to be rushbuyable in the near future.

A Phalanx would be $52 to rush buy or 9 turns if we leave it (not taking into account pop increase). If we swapped to a warrior it would cost $19 or 4 turns.

I'd like to have a phalanx, mind you: the town is on the outskirts of our empire with no cities nearby to send out units to assist in defense. This city needs a strong defensive unit!

Regarding our new SE Pure Green Phalanx-to-be : I believe this is affordable: wait until it has 6 shields, then Rush Buy a Warrior for only $8, switch back to Phalanx for another 5 turns. That is normal IPRB acceleration at low $cost. Having resolved this and the TFalls Settler, future funds could be likewise spent on the DellHam Settler.

Top Bottom