Northern Lands Poll - 900 BC

How shall Queen Jayne manage the Northern Lands in the upcoming turns?

• All cities go for maximum trade, as suggested by Duke o' York in the Tax Rate Poll thread (recommend

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • Keep the current worker assignments.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • DON'T spend gold to speed settler builds until the all clear on the "Colossus Crisis" (recommended).

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • DO spend gold to speed the settler builds.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dellham settler to found river mouth city as planned.

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Legion with settler to stay in new city.

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Legion to move elsewhere (see my post).

• You've missed something obvious, see my post.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MonkE

Primate Philosopher
Here's my first attempt at a poll. It is multiple choice.

Due to the "Colossus Crisis", the poll options are simple. Notably, the poll offers a place to vote on Duke o' York's suggestions for worker assignments given in the Tax Rate Poll.

If I succeed in setting this up correctly, it should be valid until Saturday when Queen Jayne will play the next moves (I believe).

I voted for the Delham settler to found the river mouth city but I now perfer the thought of founding the iron city.

(It's been a long stressfull testing day!)

Great poll, Guv! Well considered options. Thank You. :goodjob:

Dellham Settler to found River Mouth. I thought that was a done deal. :confused: That city is needed to build a settler, to build roads for Elysium's serfs. To benefit from the Colossus, Elysium is on a max growth plan, with Temple.

Sometime Mid Saturday, MonkE would you also please post a plan for Our Queen? Can be simple or elaborate ... poll results ... at this point, needs an Entertainer ... whatever you think will add to the smooth operation of our nation.

Btw, looking at your avatar ... it's hypnotic to me ... you are my favorite for Permanent Governor. I have a question, tho. Since two of you would like to be Governor..., please see Defining Provinces

Saturday is questionable for me. :confused: I could do an "as of Friday" plan, subject to revision if something changes significantly.

I would prefer to see the 4-special Iron city built first. M policy is to settle good sies as soon as possible, before mediocre sites. The ssoner you build them the sooner you benefit from them after all.

But Mord! The River Mouth is a Good Site. It's a River, a Bridge, generates much trade, and we need the Settler it builds to then build Roads for the serfs of Elysium -- to cash in on the expensive Colossus Project, now the 'Colossus Crisis' .

Nemo's Policy is, a Road for Every Serf. I know, Elysium has Gems, but that is slow growth, Gems and Silk. Elysium is a city that deserves an irrigated Grassland Shield if there ever was one!

MonkE, as of Friday will surely be fine.

Dellham is building another settle. Surely that could found the Iron City. (I shouldn't think it would take much longer to get there than diverting the current settler). River Mouth could be founded in 2 turns, adding valuable trade to the 'Colossus Crisis'.
:queen:

The next city to build settlers is Little Nemo, with Dellham a couple of turns after. I suggest using the new Dellham settlers for Iron City, and the LN ones for road building and F2 as suggested before.

Also note that with the new city we can get more cash per turn to blow on this giant statue of Queen Jayne in Elysium. I can't remember whether we'll get 2 arrows from the city site itself, or if you have to wait until Bridge Building to get the road one, but we'll get 2 more for the sea squares, which I recommend working to until the Colossus is done. I agree that Iron City is an important one, but the next settler will be done soon and we can establish this military powerhouse with plenty of time to crush the infidels!

Jayne, my Queen, that's a fine plan. That way the first Castle Jayne (RM) settlers can build roads for Elysium. Ainwood, do you think we should order any construction projects near the Iron Site?

With Duke o' York's suggested worker reassignments, LN makes a settler in 3 turns. If the reassignment lasts 5 turns, Reneaux makes a settler in 8, Dellham in 9.

It's probably possible to fine tune the assignments to speed them a bit without delaying Colossus, but I don't know when I'd have time to investigate. Anyone up for it?

Top Bottom