1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

Norway and Stave church synergy?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by Haig, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Haig

Haig Deity

I wonder is there some nice way that you can use faith generation of Stave church for Norway?

Pillaging enemy coast and land improvements with Norway is fun and pretty profitable, but the Church has puzzled me.

Hellenism Salesman likes this.
  2. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

Grand Master's Chapel? Not really sure myself, but this is just a simple suggestion.

nzcamel, Kjimmet, Haig and 1 other person like this.
  3. Buktu

Buktu Prince

Its been a while since I played Norway but in theory with early uniques you should be able to get an early GA. So you an use your faith to spam settlers/builders while you go raiding. You can also buy great people with the faith until you get grand master chapel.
    The stave chruch works pretty well with work ethic as well since it grants additional adjacency which is pretty usefull in every situation.

4. Vargas1

Vargas1 Prince

If the map is right, Norway can be great for a dark classical and heroic medieval. Focus early on getting a couple cities and holy sites up, hold off on building the longship (maybe - depends on era score), and build up enough land troops to hold your territory and (eventually) form an invasion force as needed. Then during classical you get easy era score for tier 2 govs, a religion, longship, stave church, plus starting to explore with your longships. As @Buktu mentioned, work ethic can be pretty strong with stave church, so you should have pretty well-developed and sizeable cities, which gives you a great homebase to go raid away. Then in your heroic medieval, you can spam settlers with what should be a pretty developed faith generation (and pillaging) and start spreading out across the world, while also getting bonus science from the harbors you'll presumably be building, and another benefit of your choosing.

Haig, PiR, Kjimmet and 2 others like this.
  5. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Brickhead

On standard rules I would go for theocracy and domination/religious using the churches. Post R&F it would be grand master’s.
    They could also hold relics I guess.

6. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Monumentality to buy settlers or builders. If Valetta is in you can faith buy city center buildings for easy defense.

Also just Work Ethic.